• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft How Many SH Members are/were Snipers

Cut the shit. Stop following around a member and harassing them.

Last edited by a moderator:
3, oh wait, maybe 4...

Are we talking real snipers or like Call of Duty because if we count that the number goes to 17.
Which Call of Duty? Does Black Ops count? I did buy some 5:11 pants, does that make me snipery enough :)

Never got the 8541, tried but being a 26xx wasn't good enough even with the 0321. The best I got was a designated marksmanship course taught by SS.

Soooo What?

I would beat your face in, given the chance! What do you have for that Tyyler?

Generally unimpressed sums up my opinion of you, Generally Unimpressed. What the hell are you doing digging up a thread where the last post was over 6 and a half months ago so you can single out one guy about his post in an entire thread of people discussing their sniper/DM backgrounds? You have been here an entire 4 damned days at most and you are already showing emphatically what a douchebag you are.

Go back to BARF.com or whatever troll site you are from. You have already overstayed your welcome here.

Lowlight and I were REALLY close for 6 months one time. He slept about a foot above me for a float to the Persian Gulf and back. I could tell you stories you wouldn't believe. But he'd ban me... so I won't. LOL

Not long after that, my life fell apart and now I live in Alaska. Bummer... ;-]]
LOL! Now those are real sniper credentials right there!

...Especially since you brag that your male member is twelve inches in length.

I have shot with a few and one shot my rifle once. Had a few shoot at my range a couple of times so that is close isn't it? lol

R
8451ish kinda

I have hunted Snipe with an officer from the Indian Army. Does that make me a Sniper?... Because those little buggers are not easy to hit with an AW.

Last edited:
i met a guy at a bar that says he was a navy seal,ranger,para rescue and marine corp sniper, he served in korea and vietnam and says they called him up at age 65 to help seal team 6 out to kill osama..........all of his records are classified and he could not tell anyone when and exactly where he served......then he wanted me to buy him beer......

does that count???

i met a guy at a bar that says he was a navy seal,ranger,para rescue and marine corp sniper, he served in korea and vietnam and says they called him up at age 65 to help seal team 6 out to kill osama..........all of his records are classified and he could not tell anyone when and exactly where he served......then he wanted me to buy him beer......does that count???
Yup: That's why this country makes Lite beer.

If you really thought you were going to get straight answers, you are the one that needs to get a life. Most on here are not going to give that info.

I don't always shoot long range, but when I do i usually miss.... But seriously thank you gentleman who served. I am just some hillbilly that likes to shoot stuff.

I was given the special sniper pill in the military. I actually snuck away with a good supply, so feel free to ask me anything.

+1 for me also

Like most of the other good dudes have stated on this thread, it was an added skill we were able to have and use.....very proud of being in the club.

Last edited:
I went to a local SOTIC course at Lewis in 2001 that was put on by our Advanced Skills Section, was cheaper for group to run the course themselves than send guys TDY to Bragg, not sure if they still do that I've been out a while. On the teams it was an additional duty not a job, at least in 1st Group.

I had a romantic involvement with a M21 with an ARTII many many moons ago.... 600 yard groups under 1 MOA simply didn't happen unless you got lucky and got a good lot of ammo, 750 yard 1 MOA groups was almost impossible, and 1000 yards was nothing more than luck if you hit the side of a truck. The ammo was crap, m118 when I served was 173 SB and would give you about 2MOA accuracy (generally). God that ammo sucked!

No M24's, No M107's... M852 hollow points were not allowed in combat, strictly for matches only and even then, they were shit compared to what we have today. 175MK's did not even exist.

So things were a lot different then. I would consider sniper school back then advanced marksmanship classes compared to today.

So I can't really say I was a sniper of today's definition since what it means to be a sniper has changed significantly since then. I was just well trained and could easily take out a man consistently at 600 yards with an M21. Low light or day light, if you were within 600 yards and I had a shot, you were going to die if I pulled that trigger. By today's standards, that is pretty pathetic.

1st Bn 3rd Inf Scout Sniper Platoon, 1995

Sub-surface hide site construction

1-506th Inf Scout/Sniper Platoon, 1996 Republic of Korea

Texas Range, DMZ, Korea

Whitch one of us is dumb enough to discuss any attachment to Scout Platoon they may have had??? Super Sniper Scopes qualify us now a days. Lets not get put on any HomeLand Security watch lists now fellows...

Whitch one of us is dumb enough to discuss any attachment to Scout Platoon they may have had??? Super Sniper Scopes qualify us now a days. Lets not get put on any HomeLand Security watch lists now fellows...
If they wanted to know, they would check their own records to see who has 8541/0317/B4/POST Sniper quals versus scouring the web boards. If they are checking the boards, they have 315k SEALs and 83k SF under watch right now...

Your right. But I've seen someone where it didn't get placed on a DD214. Matter a fact their wondering if they even want to have that fixed. What would be the benefit??? I know the down fall of having it there, it can be used against you in civilian court if brought under light, that's if you winded up in court for some type of shooting situation? But believe it or not I also know where it saved someone with a shooting instance, where the judge knew the guy was controlling where that round went and just didn't miss the shot. That saved him from an Attempted Murder charge. Because the judge believed that he had control of that round the whole time. Just something to thank of. Anyway I don't mean anything offensive to any person that may openly discuss it. I just think deep all the time and this outside of the boxness has saved my ass when I DIDN'T EVEN PLAN TO have this ass needing saving!!!
If they wanted to know, they would check their own records to see who has 8541/0317/B4/POST Sniper quals versus scouring the web boards. If they are checking the boards, they have 315k SEALs and 83k SF under watch right now...

Yeah, I know a lot of guys that said they had stuff left off their DD214, and it "didn't mean enough" to them to have it fixed prior to separating. More often than not, it's an 18 Series MOS, BuDS or 0317/0321. Damn S-1 never can get it right for the operators, jealous pogue bitches...

All jokes aside, why would anyone allow anything to be left off of their 214 or not file for a 215 to get it corrected? If it's a legal issue in a court case, well I might not be an attorney but I'm pretty sure the prosecution can file a FoIA through discovery plenty fine and find out anything they need to. I've heard the myth about the guy shooting at his ex, intentionally missing and proving he wasn't trying to kill her based on his past quals to beat the attempted murder charges. I'm pretty sure it's only myth or he took an ass fucking on the felony agg. assault and other charges anyhow. It seems the law breakers always get theirs in the end, good thing I know how to obey the law.

If you or anyone else don't see the benefit in having a properly filled out DD214, or at least getting it corrected on a 215 if there were issues at separation in ensuring it was correct prior to signature, then I really don't know what to say. I busted my ass over my career and I damn sure made sure they had every last school, award and MOS listed on mine, and it has paid off in civilian contracting employment since. Quite frankly I believe anyone who thinks it benefits them otherwise to take off the tin foil hat and come back down to Earth, because they aren't hiding anything from anyone .gov who wants to know.

Yeah, I know a lot of guys that said they had stuff left off their DD214, and it "didn't mean enough" to them to have it fixed prior to separating. More often than not, it's an 18 Series MOS, BuDS or 0317/0321. Damn S-1 never can get it right for the operators, jealous pogue bitches...

All jokes aside, why would anyone allow anything to be left off of their 214 or not file for a 215 to get it corrected? If it's a legal issue in a court case, well I might not be an attorney but I'm pretty sure the prosecution can file a FoIA through discovery plenty fine and find out anything they need to. I've heard the myth about the guy shooting at his ex, intentionally missing and proving he wasn't trying to kill her based on his past quals to beat the attempted murder charges. I'm pretty sure it's only myth or he took an ass fucking on the felony agg. assault and other charges anyhow. It seems the law breakers always get theirs in the end, good thing I know how to obey the law.

If you or anyone else don't see the benefit in having a properly filled out DD214, or at least getting it corrected on a 215 if there were issues at separation in ensuring it was correct prior to signature, then I really don't know what to say. I busted my ass over my career and I damn sure made sure they had every last school, award and MOS listed on mine, and it has paid off in civilian contracting employment since. Quite frankly I believe anyone who thinks it benefits them otherwise to take off the tin foil hat and come back down to Earth, because they aren't hiding anything from anyone .gov who wants to know.

What you said. Saved me a lot of typing, couldn't have said it better.

I'm a manufacturer, so a -1 for me. But I do like rifles.

Thanks to all who have served our Country!

Last edited:

I left some shit off mine the first time I separated, but not for any sneaky reason. I just didn't care about another ARCOM or my 2nd Good Conduct. However, I did make sure every school made it on there.

When I came back in after college I had to use my 214 to reconstruct my ERB, with S1, which was miraculously blank. However, all my units and duty positions could not be reconstructed, because I didn't keep my PCS and transfer orders.

It looks like I did nothing but go to a ton of schools my 1st 6 years.

My wife ended up with three different DD214s, it looks like they were for three different people. But she is the type that kept every piece of paper she got from the military.

I wasn't, mine left a lot out, but when I retired I got a copy of my 201 file. Between my 214, NGB 22/23 and my 201 file I have everything I could possibly need.

Just what I thought!

Oh well, the folks here could still have fun and maybe learn a few tricks of the trade craft.

The word sniper was given a bad connotation in the PC world we now live in so it may be better to stay in the hidey hole for now...

Georgia State Patrol SWAT south division
Georgia POST Sniper I and II
Army Marksmanship Unit classes for LE, Fort Benning Georgia

In the pics below 1st.- I'm on the left,,,, 2nd - on right (tall one),,,, 3rd - 9 rifles on you ,,,,, 4th - 9 snipers revealed (i'm 4th from the right, bright forehead)

Attachments

• SNIPER TEAM GUILLIE.JPG
    SNIPER TEAM GUILLIE.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 24
  • SNIPERS GUILLIE SUITS_WALKING TO STAGING AREA_TRNG.jpg
    SNIPERS GUILLIE SUITS_WALKING TO STAGING AREA_TRNG.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 26
  • SNIPERSCONCEALED.JPG
    SNIPERSCONCEALED.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 19
  • SNIPERSREVEALED.JPG
    SNIPERSREVEALED.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
I served in MI unit on civilian clothes status and when I got my DD214 it had three errors on it. I sometime wonder if they did it on purpose. So check that DD214. Mine had the my SS# wrong and that caused problems when applying for benefits (VA Home Loan).

I'll add my name to the list of those who have employed an M24 in the military while in hide sites (or otherwise) for days at a time watching specific AO's for anti-coalition activity and the opportunity to engage targets, call up the QRF, or even air support if needed.

But I've never been to sniper school and would never call myself a sniper.
This is an issue very near and dear to my heart. Sniper school doesn't make you a sniper. Sniping does. Ranger school doesn't make you a fucking ranger either.

That being said, sounds like you had one hell of a deployment on a recce or sniper team. I'd say you were recce or a sniper regardless of some bullshit school. Fuck the school when you've gone out and done that shit for real.