• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How much optic is too mich for .22?

I was getting tired to constantly moving my Cronus 4.5-29 between my DTA and my RimX so I got a new dedicated scope. I heavily hesitated between a new 2020 HDMR 2 H59 3.5-21 and a Athlon Midas Tac 5-25x56. The HDMR II was 200$ more but I do feel like the turrets are better and will track true (I need roughly 20 mils to go to 400 yards without hold overs which should be achievable with my RimX 30 moa base). The midas tac is probably a little bit more blurry at max res and I’d rather buy from LOW than buy a chinesium optic. But the Athlon does focus down to 25 yards or less and the HDMR II can only do 50 but I don’t really compete so it’s not a huge downside. Not a huge fan of the H59 but it has a center dot and 0.2 mil grad for windage so it’ll work but I’d never pay extra for anything Horus.

Reactions: Vengeful1
I have a Burris XTR3 5.5-30 SCR2 and just plain love it. Good mag range, will go down to 20 yards, and has a wide FOV. If you watch the PX you can find em for 1300-1400 which is just unbeatable as far as I am concerned.

I was getting tired to constantly moving my Cronus 4.5-29 between my DTA and my RimX so I got a new dedicated scope. I heavily hesitated between a new 2020 HDMR 2 H59 3.5-21 and a Athlon Midas Tac 5-25x56. The HDMR II was 200$ more but I do feel like the turrets are better and will track true (I need roughly 20 mils to go to 400 yards without hold overs which should be achievable with my RimX 30 moa base). The midas tac is probably a little bit more blurry at max res and I’d rather buy from LOW than buy a chinesium optic. But the Athlon does focus down to 25 yards or less and the HDMR II can only do 50 but I don’t really compete so it’s not a huge downside. Not a huge fan of the H59 but it has a center dot and 0.2 mil grad for windage so it’ll work but I’d never pay extra for anything Horus.
I’ve used an older HDMR w/TMR2 on mine for over a year. The Tremor and H59 reticles do make it easier for the quick holdovers needed for match use and I’ve found that if we have short stages, I can dial the power down and it reduces issues with parallax enough to get the job done.

For .22 field comps. It’s not ideal, but I’m working one getting something else more suited to that application soon.

To answer definitely: This is too much…
1624058487802.jpeg

I really want the Kahles DLR, but I really dislike the SKMR4 reticle. Nothing I don't like with my ZCO except I think ergos of having a parallax on top would be nicer for quick parallax changes on the clock and not having to let go of my support hand. Cycle bolt with right hand, change parallax at the same time.
One of the few advantages to being a south paw lol

Reactions: littlepod
I 110% agree with spending as much as you can afford on glass, but some scopes will not focus very well inside 20 yards, my Gen 2 Razor is one of them, is it just my scope I don't know, so choose wisely

Brian i this you homey?

I have a Trijicon 5-50x56 on my Vudoo..... Too Much?

#noregrets

I have a Trijicon 5-50x56 on my Vudoo..... Too Much?

#noregrets
I have an Athlon Argos BTR 2...
#muchregrets

Seriously though, shot my first NRL22x match.. scope made it damn near impossible to spot some of the little targets.. I was initially worried with staying in base class for NRL22 but wish I would have skipped base class and just went to open.

I have an Athlon Argos BTR 2...
#muchregrets

Seriously though, shot my first NRL22x match.. scope made it damn near impossible to spot some of the little targets.. I was initially worried with staying in base class for NRL22 but wish I would have skipped base class and just went to open.
My 63 year old eyes fatigue easily and 'decent' glass doesn't cut it anymore as my eye will start blurring out after shooting 4 or 5
five shot groups.

I initially went with an Athlon Ares ETR 4.5-30 and really like the scope, it went on my AR .223 varmint rifle and I bought another for my Tikka .223 varmint.

I shoot 100-200yds rimfire matches and the Trijicon eliminated the need for a spotting scope. When trying to shoot bug hole groups at 50yds I like having a microscope sometimes and the Trijicon comfortably focuses at 25yds.

The Trijicon is on the larger side, rifle as it sit's is about 15.5lbs.
i-z2xVjGf-M.jpg

I hear ya on the eyes bro my 67 year old eyes have been spoiled rotten by the ZC 4X20 on my Vudoo.

Reactions: Sieg
Zero regrets putting upper-tier glass on the rifles I spend the most time behind.
K525i w/SKMR3.
Bergara 2.jpg

Reactions: Vengeful1
Quite a few now. The past few years have really opened up this arena of scopes. Everything from some lower end scopes like Athlon and Vortex Crossfire/Diamondback, to the very high end scopes. There’re something in every price point now.
Correct. The thing I notice now is there are a lot of cheaper scopes that are much better quality than they used to be. I have a Hawke that is about $300 scope and while they all might not be as good as mine it's amazing.

power level depends on weather conditions,field of view and time.
More important is hold over hash marks for 22lr .2 mils increments is far better than .5 mils
PRS matches I run 17.5
zero check 35x