• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

How to true impact curve on Kestrel 4500?

Tyler Kemp

Print Daddy
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 23, 2008
MO
mkmachining.com
Hey everyone,

My buddy got a Kestrel 4500 and gave it to me to try and true up the ballistic data we got as he is not very tech savvy. Unfortunately he didn't give me the booklet.

If I have my velocity and expected vs actual drops, how do I fine tune the Kestrel to these impact points?

Thanks!

Set up a "Gun" from the main screen then go to "Gun" on the AB side of the Kestrel, scroll down to near the bottom to "Cal MV", hit the center button. Shoot at at target that is roughly -50 to +100m of the distance number in the upper right. Make sure that range the target you are actually shooting at is entered properly next to "Range" and enter what you actually had to hold to hit that target under the "Drp", then hit the center button and accept the change and your new MV will be calculated. If you are using one of the "Litz" custom bullet curves, I have found that truing the DSF is not really needed (for 308). To true the DSF follow the same procedure but under the "Cal DSF" tab which is right below the "Cal MV" tab.

PDF manual here: http://www.nkhome.com/manuals-support/319915_2_14.3.6_web.pdf