• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Hs stock inletting

Jackwagon6

Private
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2017
Anyone know of a shop that I can send my hs precision stock that came off my 308 5r too that can inlet it and install flush cups?

Inletted for what?
I used Mile High to inlet for DBM, they can do the flush cups too I am guessing.
Have only used LRI for a rifle, wouldnt hesitate to use them as well. High class, fast, very reasonable prices.
The flush cups are easy DIY. If your near Denver, I have the proper tap and have done a few. Its a 1 beer job..... and then the 2 post job to shoot the breeze about whatever.

For a good dbm or a magpul one. Haven't decided yet. Appreciate the offer. I'm in central texas.

PTG, badger or surgeon fit nicely in a H- S stock. The flush cups, like stated above, are easy to do yourself.

Jducos,
do you do inletting for dbms? Always good to know another place to recommend.

OP, if he does the inletting, by reputation here alone I would use Jducos for any stock work he is does.

elija

CDI precision does very good inletting...free if you use one of their DBMs. Not sure if they inlet for others.

ZY

Word to the wise:

Drop Surgeon from this list. They don't work. The alloy chassis block used by H/S and B/C is cast inside the glass shell. The wall thickness of the magazine well becomes literally "gum wrapper thin" because Surgeons are beefy buggers and have lots of girth.

You go blazing through the stock you'll tear the box, it'll wrap around the tool, and you just cost yourself a new stock.

Experience, it never comes cheap.

BTW, I have cnc programs for all this stuff and its a service we can in/out in just a couple days. I also have PTG LA/SA stealth DBM's and ARC SA mags on the shelf.

Happy to help. Rates are on our store.

C.