• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Hunting pics--elk and muley

30cal user

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 20, 2008
SE, LA
dad and I hunting last year, going back to Carson national forest in October, his mule deer was shot in old mexico on the last night of his hunt, i used a 338 RUM, 26" Lilja

IMGP1897.jpg

IMGP1908.jpg

here is his 346" he got, his rife wouldnt fit accross the spread
IMGP1936.jpg

and the 180" mule deer
muledeer-3.jpg

Re: Hunting pics--elk and muley

Wow! Those are awesome!

He won't score good. He's wide with a lot of mass, but has weak fronts and backs. He would also probably be scored nontypical and he doesn't have near enough trash to score good. But, thanks, it's a nice deer, not the biggest, but a respectable muley.

Certainly trophys and from the pics, great memories!!

yes sir, thats why were are going back, i had never seen/heard an Elk buggle in real life, it is amazing to hear and see!!

He'll of a mulie, where abouts in Mexico?

thats my dad in Mexico, he just said he flew to Mexico City then drove 3 hours...i think, i will ask and confirm...he had to use the guides rifles b/c of some issues getting the rifle back in the US thru MX City, so he sent his rifle (300wm,Stiller, McM, Lilja, etc) back w/ a friend and used the guides stock 25-06 w a one shot kill on the very last hour of hunting...

Real nice mule deer. I have not seen one that big for a while. I would not hestitate to put him on my wall.

Sendero, Nice...heavy and tall. No question he was a shooter!!

Bet your hunter guy was thrilled!!

About another month till rifle season here and those pictures don't help my buck fever any.