• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Huntsville, AL PD Closing Business that sell firearms

shoot4fun

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Oct 27, 2003
    Riverside, Alabama, USA, etc
    Even though named essential by the Governor's office.

The thing in this story that sounded my alarm:
    For example, the state health order prohibits sporting goods stores from opening to the public, but many of those stores also sell guns. And gun stores have been deemed essential businesses that aren’t required to close. Johnson said because sporting goods stores aren’t primarily in the gun business, they aren’t considered essential.
    Johnson is a Lt. with the Huntsville, AL PD. So, though no businesses were named, I wonder if they shut down Cabela's there?
    Seems like someone making up their own rules.

Reactions: TACC and Zeroit
    They have a real crime problem in Huntsville or is it just in the Mayors office?

Edit: So read the article now and it didn't say gun stores, just sporting goods stores that also sell guns. Seems somewhat appropriate unless sporting goods stores want to move the gun sales out on the sidewalk and keep the doors to the rest of the store closed.
    Who is in charge of determining what percentage of a Sporting Goods store's sales is firearm related?
    The PD didn't ask to see the books.

DOJ ruled on this so how is it they can do what ever they want?

Last edited:
    Redstone would launch one toward city hall!
    Yep, they could/would wipe city haul off the map, then do a complete count an have everything they were supposed to. They do have some heavy shit up there. On 9/11 they stuck my ass on Madkin mtn, the amount of and kind of shit coming out of the bunkers was very impressive. From Madkin (como hill) easy to see most everything on the NASA & Army side. NASA has some interesting trinkets as well,... Don't know how far back "Larrys" goes, or how deep either, on there but it's way, way, more than surface for sure.

I did swing by cabelas yesterday around lunch and they were closed, as in boxes piled up in front of the main entrance doors. Odly enough, there were still a dozen or so cars parked on the track side that looked to be employees..who knows.

• Wow
    Reactions: shoot4fun
    Mayor Tommy Battle...so-called "republican." He's absolutely not a conservative. Hell, they're building a music amphitheater because people don't want to drive to Nashville to see a show, so the taxpayer is going to pay for one....tell me.. are the biggest bands touring coming to Huntsville - yeah, I can just see Metallica or U2 forgoing Nashville or Atlanta to come to Huntsville....sure ...sure!!! There have been a lot of new companies move in I'll grant that; but close to ZERO infrastructure spending...well...a very little bit but way too late. And what they have spent money on in infrastructure is improperly designed....go get Texas A&M to help you Tommy..they know their shit!!!

Oh, and as far as crime...murders and shootings seem to happen quite frequently - more than they used to.

Must be the poorly tailored suits the mayor wears.

Rant over.

I will say Cabelas is not primarily a gun store. Larry's is - both of them.

I will say Cabelas is not primarily a gun store. Larry's is - both of them.

My point is this. Cabela's sells a lot of things but I would venture 99.9% of them are geared toward the outdoors, shooting and survival.
    If an person felt the need to go purchase a firearm, ammo and things such as water filtering and camping gear would they go to Larry's?
    Believe me; I know what Larry's is and will not disagree with your assessment but not everyone feels the only survival tool is a firearm. Especially true in the one city in AL that is quickly turning into another research triangle like Raleigh-Durham (LIBERAL).

Reactions: Gunfighter14e2
    My point is this. Cabela's sells a lot of things but I would venture 99.9% of them are geared toward the outdoors, shooting and survival.
    If an person felt the need to go purchase a firearm, ammo and things such as water filtering and camping gear would they go to Larry's?
    Believe me; I know what Larry's is and will not disagree with your assessment but not everyone feels the only survival tool is a firearm. Especially true in the one city in AL that is quickly turning into another research triangle like Raleigh-Durham (LIBERAL).
    I was wondering where you were going with that triangle comment. No, I won't disagree with you on that analysis one bit that there is more to survival than a gun....a lot more. Sadly, I cannot disagree with your analysis HSV metro is becoming more blue as a result of all the people coming from the DC area and other left leaning areas. The lefties I have to deal with are from Maryland, Virginia, and here...2 of the 3 are < 36 years old. I also have super liberal neighbors across from me to the point I've pretty much had to quit talking to them because everything becomes "Trump caused all this" line of thinking...Trump caused the virus? "Yep...that's right.." That kind of logic I have no time for - regardless of left/right. Same neighbor threw a hissy fit when he found out I had ammo delivered to house.

Well I've seen a huge change in Huntsville past 9/11 an it's much more bluer these days then many want to believe. For over 20 years I worked both sides of Redstone, an all the other major players up there. The changes started in 94 that I know of an have been steadily ramping up with the influx of .gov MIC/war money. Some changes can be traced back to when the state of Ca, came to learn about Mw, an how to use it in their schools.