• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hydro Print Dip - Pictures?

Heronion

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 22, 2010
Houghton, Michigan
Hey guys, I'm really wanting to get my B&C A2 hydro dipped. I can get the stock done for around $80 from Northwest Hydro Print.

Anyone got any pictures of a hydro-dipped stock? I'm particularly interested in urban digital (black/grey digital).

Cheers,

Brian

Re: Hydro Print Dip - Pictures?

I recently watched a TV show that went over the process. All I can say is AWESOME. Good luck on this project. Post pic's when you are done.

Could they do a Hello Kitty dip for my AICS stocksides?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Could they do a Hello Kitty dip for my AICS stocksides? </div></div>Wow, a Thread killer. But I was serious...

ATACS dip on my GAP stick...huzzah.

gap02.jpg

gap03.jpg

Looks great!
Kinda looks like someone took a paint brush and put a ton of time into puting all the different colors in little dabs etc.
smile.gif

Very cool!
smile.gif

Dogman, that is one of if not the most awesome looking hydro dipped camo i've seen. Props.

Here's mine....
photo1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dogman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ATACS dip on my GAP stick...huzzah.

gap02.jpg

gap03.jpg

</div></div>

Holy shit that looks good!!

Thats fantastic. What's the flat color on the barrel and receiver?

Wow! That really does look good dogman....who did it and how does it hold up to abuse?

The action, barrel, etc. are flat dark earth done by Todd Jackson. GAP sent it out to whoever does their hydro stuff.

No report on endurance yet...overseas 11 months of the year.

The flat dark earth, is it ceracoat or duracoat?

I've tried many FDE and there's so many different shades.

That shade of FDE looks great alongside that ATACS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dogman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

No report on endurance yet...overseas 11 months of the year. </div></div>

soon as he gets State side...hopefully he'll give a report, I'd like to know for sure.

I've got a stock that was multi cam dipped. If it's done right, prepped well and clear coated, it holds up fine. It will chip or scratch if you abuse it, but regular use is fine.

Here's my B&C dipped in Digital Tiger Stripe. I have hunted with it for 2 years and not a scratch on it, very durable stuff.

Rifle1.jpg
uff.

Rifle4.jpg

Rifle6.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dogman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ATACS dip on my GAP stick...huzzah.

gap02.jpg

gap03.jpg

</div></div>

I am having some major envy!
Can we get some specs on the rifle?

CRC Hydrographics is currently applying A-TACS to my B&C A5 stock. I hope it comes out as nice as yours, dogman!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dave308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CRC Hydrographics is currently applying A-TACS to my B&C A5 stock. I hope it comes out as nice as yours, dogman!! </div></div>
And, here it is! CRC Hydrographics did a great job, and they even emailed me pics of it as soon as they finished up with it. I've already taken it apart in preparation for painting all the metal parts with Cerakote series-C. I'm either going to go with Flat Dark Earth or possibly Foliage Green, since there is some FG in the A-TACS. I'm going to spray two pieces of 3/4" PVC pipe in each color, and lay them in the barrel channel to see which color works best with the A-TACS.
CRC Hydrographics

actacs1.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

That Gap stick looks amazing... I would love to get my surgeon done in something like that. I have found a place near Memphis that does it. I am looking into it for sure.

A-TACS seems to be gaining in popularity. This is for good reason, it works very well.
I had my REM 870 Tactical dipped in A-TACS by Black Ice in Utah

870-2-1.gif

870-1-1.gif

and I had mt Eotech and a few magazines dipped as well

m6-2.gif

IMG_5997.jpg

it has held up so far. I am not gentle with my equipment and it has not worn off yet...

Phylodog---- thats a bad ass setup and love the stick.. Im thinking about going XLR myself on my FN SPR.. did you have any bolt clearance issues on the folding mechanism? how tight is lockup?

Not even close. Cerakote is WAYYYYY more durable, but not half as cool.

More AJ Brown Handiwork...why stop at an AICS!!
smile.gif

atacsaiaw001.jpg

atacsaiaw002.jpg

atacsaiaw003.jpg

atacsaiaw005.jpg

I've been thinking of a dip finish as well. Thanks for sharing the pics. I'm really liking that ATACS. I wish I could find some one local to do it.

Curious though... on areas that you don't want the graphics to be, how do they mask those areas to keep the transfer from adhereing to it?? Such as having a scope dipped, and not having the markings get covered??

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z71rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Curious though... on areas that you don't want the graphics to be, how do they mask those areas to keep the transfer from adhereing to it?? Such as having a scope dipped, and not having the markings get covered??

DK </div></div>

I am very interested in this also. Also, is there any potential drawbacks to having a barreled action done?

Man, ask a tough question... and the thread goes quiet.

DK

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z71rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Curious though... on areas that you don't want the graphics to be, how do they mask those areas to keep the transfer from adhereing to it?? Such as having a scope dipped, and not having the markings get covered??

DK </div></div>

You just mask the areas you don't want to get covered.

Alan

Scout... I thought you didnt like the AI chassis?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not even close. Cerakote is WAYYYYY more durable, but not half as cool.

smile.gif

atacsaiaw001.jpg

atacsaiaw002.jpg

atacsaiaw003.jpg

atacsaiaw005.jpg
</div></div>

Hey D- Long time no chat!!
What Chassis? I don't see no stinkin' chassis
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

You just mask the areas you don't want to get covered.

Alan </div></div>

Thank you!!

DK

Anyone know how well this stuff would take/hold up if it were done over top of a textured/forend on a stock? Just curious, thinking about either doing it myself or sending it out...haven't decided yet. Like the Atacs and found a place to order the film, just can't decide..

Posted in the other thread but here is my recently done AR in Desert Digital by Liquid Transformations in Spokane, WA

not the greatest pics but....

DSCN0297.jpg

DSCN0299.jpg

DSCN0300.jpg

DSCN0301.jpg

DSCN0305.jpg

DSCN0306.jpg

DSCN0307.jpg

Ill have to say thats a first I've ever seen and really pretty sweet

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 19Scout77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not even close. Cerakote is WAYYYYY more durable, but not half as cool.

smile.gif

</div></div>

That looks awesome. Scout, how much does somthing like this cost? Turnaround time?

I have seen another thread on here that talks about a DIY kit for dipping. Has anyone tried it? Also can you do custom camo or are they premade?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cfish36</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have seen another thread on here that talks about a DIY kit for dipping. Has anyone tried it? Also can you do custom camo or are they premade? </div></div>
camo is pre made, i dont know about the DIY kits