• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hydrographic Disaster PICS

KYS speaks the truth.....seeing Short Bus's work first hand I can attest to that. Plus he can make either subtle or dramatic changes to a pattern to get it exactly the way you want, or use specific colors matching the landscape of your area.

If youre gonna get it dipped again, Id take a look at the Kryptek colors too. Great patterns............... and chicks dig it.

Kryptek-camo.jpg

Or, while its in this state....you can give it a shot yourself. You might be surprised at the results with a little creativity and it will cost a lot less.

These are two I did myself with a sponge and some duracoat. Its not Short Bus quality but I was happy with them both.

20120920_181316-vi.jpg

20120920_181127-vi.jpg

P7163100-vi.jpg

P7163105-vi.jpg

Last edited:
KYS speaks the truth.....seeing Short Bus's work first hand I can attest to that. Plus he can make either subtle or dramatic changes to a pattern to get it exactly the way you want, or use specific colors matching the landscape of your area.

If youre gonna get it dipped again, Id take a look at the Kryptek colors too. Great patterns............... and chicks dig it.

Kryptek-camo.jpg

Or, while its in this state....you can give it a shot yourself. You might be surprised at the results with a little creativity and it will cost a lot less.

These are two I did myself with a sponge and some duracoat. Its not Short Bus quality but I was happy with them both.

20120920_181316-vi.jpg

20120920_181127-vi.jpg

P7163100-vi.jpg

P7163105-vi.jpg

Those look really good. I've rattle canned my rifles before, and they came out pretty good, but I really wanted a Multicam pattern this time.

I will say that for this type work there is a short list of people to trust with your equipment. Short bus is on the top of my short list. I have not had the fancy work done by him yet but he has done an excellent job on all the small parts I have sent him. The customer support, attention to detail, and general honesty will keepmegoingback to him in the future.
Good luck with getting your stock redone.

Consider this a lesson learned. Painting your rifle pretty or spending a bunch of money for a coating that will wear off with any real use.......is a collosal waste of time and money.

Ratttle can it like a real man, or get fancy like the guy above with a sponge and paint (very nice work BTW). Its all going to come off with use , so buying a finish is pointless for a working gun. (unless its nitrated or cerakote)

Consider this a lesson learned. Painting your rifle pretty or spending a bunch of money for a coating that will wear off with any real use.......is a collosal waste of time and money.

Ratttle can it like a real man, or get fancy like the guy above with a sponge and paint (very nice work BTW). Its all going to come off with use , so buying a finish is pointless for a working gun. (unless its nitrated or cerakote)

Here is my 338 Lapua which serves well as my hunting rig. ATACs seems to be working well.... YMMV

Attachments

• STS338 ATACs.jpg
    STS338 ATACs.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 22
Took my stock to get Multicam hydrodipped back in July. They could never get it right, excuse after excuse. Well, finally today it was ready. I picked it up and, well, have a look...

20130820_174230.jpg

20130820_180730.jpg

20130820_180733.jpg

20130820_180833.jpg

20130820_180908.jpg

That's punishable by "The True Death". There's nothing worse than a hobo pan handling gunsmith.

Kryptek-camo.jpg

20120920_181316-vi.jpg

20120920_181127-vi.jpg

P7163100-vi.jpg

P7163105-vi.jpg

Those look really good. I've rattle canned my rifles before, and they came out pretty good, but I really wanted a Multicam pattern this time.

The barreled action is cerakoted FDE. The hydrographic Multicam was supposed to be cerakoted clear on top of it.

"Working Gun" is thrown around so loosely these days. Most of these guns are not working guns, they are used for hunting or competition. Thrown in there with some range time.

Cerakote, applied properly is going to outlast most rifles and or people shooting them.

I have two multicam dipped stocks and that for sure isn't multicam. I agree with everyone else that it is painted and was never dipped.

It's missing the logo (Crye would NEVER miss a chance at throwing a TM on something, trust me) it has brush marks, wrong colors and it there's obvious parts where the paint didn't completely cover the color underneath. I painted with oils since I was a kid, I still do from time to time.

You got robbed. Flat out fucking robbed. A real man would have said, "hey, I fucked up and couldn't get it right, I can at least give you your money back and send you in the right direction". Nope, he took your money.

It's an easy fix though. Tell him he'll unfuck it or you'll run a full page ad in (whatever works in your area) along with photos and threads all over the 'net, particularly local firearms sites where it will hurt the worst. Post pictures on bulletin boards at local ranges (keep some extras on hand when you pass by as he'll likely try damage control when he figures it out). One, nobody should get that service so you aren't doing anything shitty to him. Two, he owes you for that. Three, he needs to learn a lesson that fucking up a job and then taking the money too isn't cool. Call his ass out. Guerrilla consumer tactics DO work, though they'll always tell you to "go ahead, do what makes you happy". But deep down they know that'll hurt a lot more than giving you your money back. Still, a lot of greedy bastards will call your bluff. As a retired vet, I'm not that guy, I'll make it a full time job to bring you down if you do shitty work and take the money too.

Make it clear the fix to his ($x00) job was $5 worth of Krylon (which honestly, for camo, works the best since the removable Bowflage was discontinued years ago). Now some folks are dumb as shit, so you may have to explain how this will cost him way more business in the future than if he just makes it right with you. After you get your money back, do it anyway. He deserves it.

If my rifle came back like that, and it was local, then I wouldn't even accept it. I'd call the sheriff and get it put on paper with photos right away. That's small claims material right there, and you have NO problem winning provided you take a copy of this thread along with receipts and such. It's so obvious he tried to scam you it's pathetic.

Oh, lodge it with BBB too, and rate him on as many sites online as possible, like Google and Yahoo. If you are gonna get fucked, cost him as much as you can.

Tell him that modern pigments tend to be translucent to transparent... Hence why you can see colors underneath. This asshole doesn't even know about painting. He does know how to take your money though.

What I find funny (no offense to the op and the money he spent), is that this company actually was proud enough to put their logo on it

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Last edited:
It's missing the logo (Crye would NEVER miss a chance at throwing a TM on something, trust me) it has brush marks, wrong colors and it there's obvious parts where the paint didn't completely cover the color underneath. I painted with oils since I was a kid, I still do from time to time.

You got robbed. Flat out fucking robbed. A real man would have said, "hey, I fucked up and couldn't get it right, I can at least give you your money back and send you in the right direction". Nope, he took your money.

It's an easy fix though. Tell him he'll unfuck it or you'll run a full page ad in (whatever works in your area) along with photos and threads all over the 'net, particularly local firearms sites where it will hurt the worst. Post pictures on bulletin boards at local ranges (keep some extras on hand when you pass by as he'll likely try damage control when he figures it out). One, nobody should get that service so you aren't doing anything shitty to him. Two, he owes you for that. Three, he needs to learn a lesson that fucking up a job and then taking the money too isn't cool. Call his ass out. Guerrilla consumer tactics DO work, though they'll always tell you to "go ahead, do what makes you happy". But deep down they know that'll hurt a lot more than giving you your money back. Still, a lot of greedy bastards will call your bluff. As a retired vet, I'm not that guy, I'll make it a full time job to bring you down if you do shitty work and take the money too.

Make it clear the fix to his ($x00) job was $5 worth of Krylon (which honestly, for camo, works the best since the removable Bowflage was discontinued years ago). Now some folks are dumb as shit, so you may have to explain how this will cost him way more business in the future than if he just makes it right with you. After you get your money back, do it anyway. He deserves it.

If my rifle came back like that, and it was local, then I wouldn't even accept it. I'd call the sheriff and get it put on paper with photos right away. That's small claims material right there, and you have NO problem winning provided you take a copy of this thread along with receipts and such. It's so obvious he tried to scam you it's pathetic.

Oh, lodge it with BBB too, and rate him on as many sites online as possible, like Google and Yahoo. If you are gonna get fucked, cost him as much as you can.

Tell him that modern pigments tend to be translucent to transparent... Hence why you can see colors underneath. This asshole doesn't even know about painting. He does know how to take your money though.

I completely agree. If he doesn't give my money back, I'll make sure he knows I'm not happy, and I'll damn make sure that everyone else knows. That's the beauty of internet forums.

I tried to PM you but I cannot.

For some reason someone on here decided that he was "advertising" since he offered to dip his rifle. I like Branden and would go to him in a heartbeat for work, but people need to remember that EVERYONE has to start somewhere and shitting on someone based upon zero evidence of that persons work is retarded.

Multicam is a trademarked camo pattern, you got a generic version with the "warf__" name brand. If you paid for Multicam, you go get your money back since you did not receive what you paid for.

However, if you picked it out of a book in person on looks alone, your only complaint is that they didn't prep the stock for proper adhesion.

Kryptek will be the new multicam soon!

I was on the verge of overdoing it with Multicam and wasn't going to get into anything else. While MC works well for where I shoot/hunt, I've started transitioning everything to coyote brown and being done with it.

After getting the rust colored sand all over me and sitting in the sun, the CB literally turns into the exact color of the desert and canyons around here.

Multicam is a trademarked camo pattern, you got a generic version with the "warf__" name brand. If you paid for Multicam, you go get your money back since you did not receive what you paid for.

However, if you picked it out of a book in person on looks alone, your only complaint is that they didn't prep the stock for proper adhesion.

Best I can tell from some Googling is that it's "shawnaughty designz" WARFARE pattern, a multicam knockoff. I'm having trouble finding pictures now, which tells me they probably had to ditch it for copyright reasons.

Caveat Emptor.

FUGLY. Take the stock back to the guy that did that un-licensed abortion and beat him with it till that paint wears off.

I'm a little curious as to how this turned out for the OP. it's always a dicey situation trying to get money back from someone who did a crappy job and charged for it. They feel that they spent the time and money and should be paid for it and obviously don't care about reputation etc. in this case I'd be a bit surprised if he was successful in getting his money returned, especially since he already sanded off the offending "dip" job.

In Jacksonville, FL?

Yes, I have not had any personal work done by then but I have seen one in person and it was sick. I'm friends with Kryptek on FB and they post a lot of their work, looks good.