I am interested in PCP Airguns thinking about a FX

FjallJager

Old Buzzard VPU-1
Hessian
Belligerents
Dec 8, 2010
Southern Rockies
Anyone know anything about this topic. I have seen a lot of videos from Matt Dubber on Youtube, and have been trying to learn what I can. I even spoke to Utah Airguns for an hour the other day.

Seems like a lot of money for an airgun. But I think I will shoot it daily.

Your thoughts?

frank320

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2019
Of all my Airguns, the FX Impact is the most fun to shoot and most versatile.
It is a lot of money, but well worth it given how much I have used it.

My son shoots it at the rim fire range, and we have shot it out at the 100/200 yard range with good results.

Last edited:

Vargmat

Sergeant
Belligerents
Apr 17, 2013
Sweden
I bought an FX impact for me and my son to shoot with and it has been a great investment. I drove home from the dealer with a slight nauseus feeling in my gut, for spending that amount of money on an air rifle. But since then, we have shot about 2000 pellets over the last two years, the rifle is crazy accurate and we are able to hit pretty much anything within 100 meters with it. I got a .25 caliber and at full speed I get about 60 shots per fill, at the low speed setting I can get +100 shots.

Buy one, you will not regret it.

1594455051890.png

Reactions: frank320

frank320

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2019
^^^sweet! My son and I have more than 10k pellets thru our 25 cal FX Impact, and the only thing that needed maintenance was the breech o-ring and C3 bumper. Never even cleaned the barrel all this time, although I do lube the pellets with FP10, which I think helps.

Reactions: Vargmat

7mMike

Heavy Hauler
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2017
Nh/Vt
I have the 30cal impact. I use it for dispatching wood chucks, and some plinking.

FjallJager

Old Buzzard VPU-1
Hessian
Belligerents
Dec 8, 2010
Southern Rockies
The Wildcat third generation sniper. In either 22 or 25.

I was going to buy a Wierhauch 97 blue laminate springer for $700, but I need a really quiet gun as I live in town and am going to use it for pidgeons. Having owned a Gamo 25 about 15 years ago I know that springers are not quiet. I figure for $500 more (really $900 more as it will require dive tanks), I can get a quieter option.

frank320

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2019
Good choice. Although DonnyFL moderators can lower the bark of a lot of springers, nothing beats a well tuned FX PCP. Good luck, you won’t regret it.

acudaowner

Old Salt
Belligerents
Minuteman
Dec 26, 2018
i love the idea of them but am unsure how much sense it makes to have one vrs just going to a 22lr strapped to a tank just don't seam as fun and unless you have a really big back yard shooting a 45cal or .50 cal PCP air rifle that can hit a 1400 yard target in your back yard just sounds like a great way to end up in jail , but they do look like a hell of a lot of fun at least the high end ones .

SharpsNitro

Belligerents
Jan 22, 2013
Arizona
I was looking to upgrade my PCP to an Impact II this spring but I decided to hold off for the new Daystate Delta Wolf. They are supposed to start arriving next month, it has a lot of the same features as the Impact but it’s more cutting edge.

Arc Light

Sheeple Herder
Belligerents
Aug 13, 2012
In the mountains
I was into PCP air rifles for several years. A lot of people just getting into it underestimate the air requirements for these rifles. And how you plan to refill them. A hand pump gets old, fast. An air tank is a good idea (like a scuba tank). But then you have to find a place to fill it and it the cost.

I rented a large 5 foot tall nitrogen cylinder and purchased the required regulator and hose to refill the tank directly on the gun. The regulator alone will run you about $500. But I got literally hundreds of refills before I needed the nitrogen cylinder refilled.

7mMike

Heavy Hauler
Belligerents
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2017
Nh/Vt
I was into PCP air rifles for several years. A lot of people just getting into it underestimate the air requirements for these rifles. And how you plan to refill them. A hand pump gets old, fast. An air tank is a good idea (like a scuba tank). But then you have to find a place to fill it and it the cost.

I rented a large 5 foot tall nitrogen cylinder and purchased the required regulator and hose to refill the tank directly on the gun. The regulator alone will run you about $500. But I got literally hundreds of refills before I needed the nitrogen cylinder refilled.
This! I got sick of running around trying to find a place that will fill tanks. So I ended up with my own machine at the house.

frank320

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2019
This! I got sick of running around trying to find a place that will fill tanks. So I ended up with my own machine at the house.
Same here. I caved and picked up a PCP compressor for home use.

Lots of good options on PCP compressors nowadays, from affordable and portable options to high end commercial compressors. Then, once you go down that route, your pellet usage and pellet cost goes up exponentially.....

FjallJager

Old Buzzard VPU-1
Hessian
Belligerents
Dec 8, 2010
Southern Rockies
The fire house is a mile from here. I am hoping to make a donut arrangement.

I know I'll have to get a compressor at some point.

D_TROS

Flag-Sword-Cross
Belligerents
Aug 19, 2010
North Denver, CO

Its just money! I got one of these and I am continually shocked at its accuracy. Vey fun to shoot.

GL
DT

kthomas

Sergeant
Belligerents
Jun 17, 2009
Tucson, AZ

I personally use an Air Venturi Nomad 2 pump. It's $700, small and portable and has so far had no issues filling up my 3 PCP's.

Drstrangelove

Sergeant of the Hide
Belligerents
Minuteman
Feb 6, 2020
I had and sold an FX Whisper. Not quiet enough. But my Verminator 1 in 22 and Verminator 2 in 177 and mouse fart quiet and incredibly accurate. Would love to get an Impact or a Wildcat, but they are very expensive. Over twice what I paid for my Verminators. I also have a Kricket and other than it needs a reseal now, it is easily the most accurate PCP I’ve ever shot.