• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

i bought a rem 700 sps need help building it

gashooters87

Private
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2010
georgia
i bought a remington 700 sps with a Nikon Team Primos 3-9x40mm Riflescope with BDC Reticle 8435 im lookinh to upgrade to better stuff for it just wondering if anyone had suggesting on what i should get,im trying to reach out as far i can with it

Re: i bought a rem 700 sps need help building it

Probably start with a new stock, HS or B&C, and maybe a trigger if you want a lighter pull.

There are a ton of topics here about the SPS and what folks have done to it. Use the search function and type in SPS Tactical, you'll have a few hours of reading.

Don't forget to fill out your profile to include your actual location.

308-Build.jpg

Here's what I did to mine. Cut and recrowned the factory barrel. Jim See's level 1 accuracy package.

http://www.centershotrifles.com/

B&C stock. Karsten cheekpiece. New bolt knob. Glass bedded. Springfield Armory scope I had laying around. Shoots these all day long. (200 yards)

Target-2.jpg

Fast Ed

Personally I would shoot it first and see what it tells you

I recently purchased an SPS varmint and swaped the stock out immediately with a McM adjustable HTG. I took it out and shot a few 1/2" or a little better groups. Mine was pretty accurate out of the box with only replacing the stock. I just sent the barreled action to Short Action Customs to have the barrel cut down to 20" and threaded for a suppressor. The stock is on its way to CDI to be inletted for their DBM and the bolt is at AZ Precision getting a varminter knob put on.

It'll all go to Birdsong for their finsh when I get it all back.

I'll post pics when I get it all back and get it to the range.

Look around for instructions on how to reduce the trigger weight on your SPS...if you're not comfortable doing it, then find a 'smith. It shouldn't cost but a few dollars.

Then get some ammo and shoot.