• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I can't afford to shoot much so I did this today..

Black-X

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Dec 19, 2006
Kentucky
And now I can afford to shoot.
grin.gif
I forgot I had this rifle down at my father's house and I picked it up today. Man, she was is rough shape. But, being the first rifle I ever bought I guess it was about right. This rifle has seen more rounds than most can imagine.

Anyways, my beat up Remington 522 Viper got a makeover and and I'm going to start shooting this again for fun until ammo is resonable. I put an old Tasco propoint on there and away we went with the Krylon. I think it turned out ok and I can't wait to start shooting this little rifle again.

What do you all think about the paint job?

-X

Oh yeah, if anyone has a front sight and screw for this rifle and are willing to sell it, shoot me an IM please! I removed it when I was young and it has disappeared.
frown.gif

1003241puw.jpg

1003248l.jpg

Re: I can't afford to shoot much so I did this today..

I got one of those when I was 12. What a great rifle. Like you, I put tons of ammo through that gun. Looks pretty good.

I had one and it jammed almost every shot. I really liked the gun just couldn't take the jamming. Nice camo job!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: badshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had one and it jammed almost every shot. I really liked the gun just couldn't take the jamming. Nice camo job! </div></div>

I don't know why, but this has been the only .22lr that has ever been reliable for me.

-X

I found that It would jam if I use copper clad or the waxy type bullets, but regular remmy lead roundnose that I used to find for five dollars at the local store would shoot maybe 500 before it started to jam, Then just a quick clean and it was good for nother 500.