• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I created a free shot group calculator app. I want to improve it so please give your feedback!

Thanks for your feedback.
Functionality is to be improved and adapted as the development progresses. Right now in pro version (as a one-time purchase) you can leave your notes on the "results" tab. That might not seem too convenient at the moment, but your comments and feedback about it really helps me to figure out what to change in the future.
Thanks once again.
Happy to provide feedback.
I don't know that there is a lot of incentive to pay for something in your app that is free in another. All the while, the workflow if fairly cumbersome to use. Add'l feedback: The GUI is spot on. Buttons, graphics, colors, etc. All very nice.

Good luck.

Reactions: SPOTTR
Hey snipers!
Did you know that you can become a SPOTTR pro shooter?
With the pro version, you’ll be able to change marker colors, make notes, calculate ATZ, and more!
Get it once to use forever just for $3,99!

I really need your opinion about how it works for you

Update alert!
I'm delighted to share that an update was rolled out. What has changed?
  • Added functionality to image preview on a result screen.
  • Added an ability to change date format.
  • Improved online/offline performance and many more.
I'm consistently working on the app improvements, and your opinion is highly important for me. Check, please, for the convenience of the update and let me know how you like it.
If you still don’t have SPOTTR, download it by the link below
Android SPOTTR - Apps on Google Play
IOS ‎SPOTTR - shooting tracker

Hey!
Have you tried how the update work?
Any other suggestions what I can improve?

So, this might be a tall order. But would it be possible for some sort of target overlay or additive/aggregate setting?

For example, the pic I attach. It would be nice if you could get an overall idea of the precision. Most of thes groups would be in the .3 moa area. But all combined would be .6moa or so.

Attachments

• 3D4BC886-2CA5-406E-B60D-E118FCF89748.jpeg
    3D4BC886-2CA5-406E-B60D-E118FCF89748.jpeg
    281.1 KB · Views: 89
Reactions: Raufoss
Hi,

I just downloaded the app (got the pro version) but I have some very frequent crashes after putting the impacts, when I press next for group size calculation, 3 times out of 4 the app just crashes.

Is there a way to send you crash logs/report or something else to help you see what is going on ?

Otherwise, the app looks great and is fairly intuitive. One little thing I'd like to see is when setting the reference measure on the target, the custom value I enter should be saved and reused until the user change it again. When processing several identical targets in a row, having to type that value each time isn't super convenient.

Reactions: Boxerglocker
One other thing I noticed that needs to be addressed is that with each result the app creates a new picture with the impact markers overlayed. But when you delete the result from the list, it doesn't delete the associated picture and they start piling up in the phone memory.

Wanted to access the free version before purchasing the Pro but it crashed everytime I attached to measure a group. Uninstalled.

Hi,

I just downloaded the app (got the pro version) but I have some very frequent crashes after putting the impacts, when I press next for group size calculation, 3 times out of 4 the app just crashes.

Is there a way to send you crash logs/report or something else to help you see what is going on ?

Otherwise, the app looks great and is fairly intuitive. One little thing I'd like to see is when setting the reference measure on the target, the custom value I enter should be saved and reused until the user change it again. When processing several identical targets in a row, having to type that value each time isn't super convenient.
Hi! Sorry for the long response.
Sure, let's figure out what's wrong and I'll work on it
First of all, I need to know, do you use Android or IOS? Also it would be great to have screenshots or screen video of the crashes.

Mine is running Android 7

Weirdly enough, a couple weeks ago I almost couldn't get my results at all, today I can't get the app to crash anymore despite my dedicated efforts. Works every time.

I will keep playing with it in the next few shooting sessions and if it crashes again, I'll take some screenshots of it, but basically it was closing to desktop and a pop up windows appeared telling me the app just crashed and ask for closing the app, rebooting the app or another option I can't remember.

Mine is running Android 7

Weirdly enough, a couple weeks ago I almost couldn't get my results at all, today I can't get the app to crash anymore despite my dedicated efforts. Works every time.

I will keep playing with it in the next few shooting sessions and if it crashes again, I'll take some screenshots of it, but basically it was closing to desktop and a pop up windows appeared telling me the app just crashed and ask for closing the app, rebooting the app or another option I can't remember.

If you think you find the issue with the code and beleive it has been rectified in the next update. Please post, I will re-install and try it out again.
Hey, guys! I've finally fixed the problem. Everything should work properly now. Let me know if something is wrong!
Don't forget to update the app

I accidentally denied access to the camera. Got an error message that was partially in Russian. Deleted.

Hey, guys! I've finally fixed the problem. Everything should work properly now. Let me know if something is wrong!
Don't forget to update the app
I reinstalled the app and gave it another try. Positive, the set-up is very straight forward. I like the way the prompts are compared to other similar applications. Negatives, the app notifications urging you to go to the Pro version are a pain in the ass and very annoying. Honestly, its not the money but having to pay for features up front that really should be part of the trial version to assess is a better route IMHO. Perhaps do a limited all inclusive feature trial then revert back after 10 days? I've uninstalled it for now.

Last edited:
The mean radius is available in the PRO version now. It's the average distance from each shot to the center of the group. It can provide a higher confidence measurement of precision than extreme spread.

How do you think,is this update useful?

I accidentally denied access to the camera. Got an error message that was partially in Russian. Deleted.
I want to fix it. Could you plese help me? Do you use IOS or Android? It would be great to have a sceenshot of the problem. Thank you!

Hey there!

I've created an Instagram account where I plan to share some useful tips about the app and for shooters in general.

Support me please and subscribe! I'll also apreciate your ideas about which information will be useful for you there.

Link

I tried app, iOS version and I get error message when I try upload target picture message says maximum file size 15mb but my files are only 4mb. I did not register because I want to try app first.

I tried app, iOS version and I get error message when I try upload target picture message says maximum file size 15mb but my files are only 4mb. I did not register because I want to try app first.
Thank you for the reporting! I'll figure it out, but for the fastest result I need this information
1) IOS version
2) Phone Model

Also it would be great if you sent me this photo so I can try to add it too. Thanks!

Thank you for the reporting! I'll figure it out, but for the fastest result I need this information
1) IOS version
2) Phone Model

Also it would be great if you sent me this photo so I can try to add it too. Thanks!

iOS version: 15.4.1
iPhone 12 mini

Attachments

• IMG_2622.PNG
    IMG_2622.PNG
    137.4 KB · Views: 61
  • 20220319_133058455_iOS.jpg
    20220319_133058455_iOS.jpg
    351.4 KB · Views: 63
Okay, I've already done something😅
I've increased max size of photos. Try one more time, please, if it's working now.
Thank you! Waiting for your feedback

I am unable to enter target sizes under 1 inch. Also, I do not want to log all of my firearm data into your app for any reason. Frankly it feels slow and cumbersome compared to Ballistic-X.

Tried it, took too many button clicks to get a result. Having to sign-in (which i didnt) and then enter random junk data like weapon name, etc. Took too long to get going.

I want to select an image, and then start marking poi/reference size, etc.

Good idea... Not for me.

I am unable to enter target sizes under 1 inch. Also, I do not want to log all of my firearm data into your app for any reason. Frankly it feels slow and cumbersome compared to Ballistic-X.
Anyway, thank you for your feedback! I'll work on it more to improve it

Reactions: Changed
I also have a video manual to make your first-time using more convenient and clear
Here is a link

Tried it, took too many button clicks to get a result. Having to sign-in (which i didnt) and then enter random junk data like weapon name, etc. Took too long to get going.

I want to select an image, and then start marking poi/reference size, etc.

Good idea... Not for me.
Creating setups (where you need to eneter detailed data about your weapon) is made fo your convenience. You have to enter it only once and next times you won't need to do that. You can enter data on several weapons if you need to.

Anyway, thank you for your feedback! I'll work on it more to improve it
Maybe you could offer two options, detailed information, and quick target calculation. I shoot at 1/4" and 1/2" dots. Being able to enter those would be nice.

There is a new feature in SPOTTR recent update:
Comparative feature to measure results!

Now you can filter your results entered in the app earlier and compare them. SPOTTR provides you with the ability to use different filters to maximize your results’ analysis

Check it in the app and share your feedback, it's really important for me!

As much as I am for the free market and competition, it sure seems distasteful to me to have such a blatant ripoff of Ballistic-X. The design, layout, sequence of input is nearly identical. Very unoriginal. When I endeavored to make Ballistic-X, it was a consequence of no solution being available on devices. The only one that existed was On Target for Windows OS. I reached out and asked if they had plans to make a mobile version. Not only did they have no plans, but they gave me the blessing to make one myself and have sent people my way.

You even copied and pasted our Description into your own App...with "BX" in the text:

Attachments

• 56801E04-EF5E-4343-B876-2805B24B2CD2.JPG
    56801E04-EF5E-4343-B876-2805B24B2CD2.JPG
    481.3 KB · Views: 86