• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I have just encountered the laziest millennials of all time

05FA06FB-4014-474D-9CBB-35736D2C1A3B.jpeg

Baby boomers were simply the worst parents in the last 150 years. Their shit keeps trickling forward through time. Sooner or later a generation of kids will snap out of it and starting being the adults that have been missing since about 1950.
Not even close. These kid’s parents are at least a couple generations from being boomers. No doubt that many boomer children were the start of this snowball to hell, but at least get a clue.

34B1A379-8E21-478F-BA52-0ED3175019D4.jpeg

I've got a kid that enjoys work, but won't put anything up if not told to do so. Yesterday evening I cleaned up his fertilize bags, found his knife, open, laying amongst the bags. Speaker that connects to ph sitting in a cup holder (open cab buggy - rain coming). Go-devil laying in the yard. Coping saw on the deck. Found a shovel leaned up against the bank when cutting the ROW. WTF
Those are just correctable traits common with many a good kid. He’ll be alright.
^ This is hitting the nail on the head. Everyone gets a free ride, and stands around waiting for someone else to do the work.
That’s why the rush to bring in more first Gen immigrants. Somebody’s gotta do the work.
If students loans are forgiven. I want my money back from paying mine off..............
No, you are a working contributor that is needed to keep the Ponzi scheme going until it’s too late.

Don't be shy.
It's not like I'm asking for your EIN number or SS.
Share a bit with the class to back up your success story and how this has lead to
those that came before you obsolescence.

R
I've been working for long enough to have made observations about the academic abilities of my colleagues.

The "obsolescence" comment, was made with regards to the mindset of other person posting. I get that "we" all want to live 300 years in the past - but some of us aren't very equipped to deal with a world that moves forward. Just like some of us aren't very well equipped to deal with the caveats of the Bear Pit. Namely, that others will have different points of view, and that we should be wearing our "big boy" pants, so as to avoid being precious snowflakes.

LOL

Do you even know what a broad term, "tech consultant" is?

What do you do for a living, by the way? Do I get the same courtesy of being "shocked" at your profession, based on your replies? 😆

My sister in law has a kid who is 24, hasn't kept a job for much more than a month. This last job (after being unemployed and living in his parents basement) was with a subcontractor for Amazon delivering packages. He lasted 1 day. It was actually a mutual firing/resignation.

He will probably continue with his basement dwelling life for a few months until his parents get mad at him for something and tell him he needs to get a job. He will then go out and find something, he will then quit or get fired and the process will repeat ad nauseam.

I told his father the kid needs the military to teach him how to hold onto a job. That too went on deaf ears.

Reactions: Sandhog308
I own a company you ignorant nitwit. We were the first in our industry to have a strong internet presence. I have hired a half dozen tech consultants over the years for both general and specific problems. Many were a total waste of money (the ones consulting generally and offering "expert" advice), but I've had two good ones whose main utility was recommending tech firms that were good at accomplishing specific tasks for me. So, yes, I know what you do. I would ask what you specialize in, but I'm quite sure you know everything and are the best at everything; so why specialize?

Reactions: Yasherka
@TheGerman Just wondering. Did you ask for burial deposit and if anyone would miss them? They might have taken that the wrong way.

That explains a lot
No, it really doesn't.

Unless the implication is that you're agreeing with my assertion, that in my field, today's crop (including Gen Z and Millenials) is academically more advanced than yesterday's. They're not as well rounded, but they're definitely academically farther than the people I started working with. (even those who were career journeymen) But then again, I work in fields where the onus is on employers to hire well. So maybe I just see the best of the bunch.

If you want to knock my profession, at least give me something about yours to work with.

Nevermind that I failed to mention that I grew up on the farm, started my post-farm life in a brick factory, and have plenty of hands-on skills. I went to a vocational school, and built a post-secondary education off the skills and concept acquired.

I'll add to this conversation, that the reason I chose a white collar profession, is that I decided for myself, after working hard for the first half of my life, that I never wanted to "have to" work that hard. Not that I couldn't, or wouldn't. Just that I didn't want to have to, as a necessity.

No, it really doesn't.

Unless the implication is that you're agreeing with my assertion, that in my field, today's crop (including Gen Z and Millenials) is academically more advanced than yesterday's. They're not as well rounded, but they're definitely academically farther than the people I started working with. (even those who were career journeymen) But then again, I work in fields where the onus is on employers to hire well. So maybe I just see the best of the bunch.

If you want to knock my profession, at least give me something about yours to work with.

Nevermind that I failed to mention that I grew up on the farm, started my post-farm life in a brick factory, and have plenty of hands-on skills. I went to a vocational school, and built a post-secondary education off the skills and concept acquired.

I'll add to this conversation, that the reason I chose a white collar profession, is that I decided for myself, after working hard for the first half of my life, that I never wanted to "have to" work that hard. Not that I couldn't, or wouldn't. Just that I didn't want to have to, as a necessity.
This thread isn't about you. Typ millennial...

I own a company you ignorant nitwit. We were the first in our industry to have a strong internet presence. I have hired a half dozen tech consultants over the years for both general and specific problems. Many were a total waste of money (the ones consulting generally and offering "expert" advice), but I've had two good ones whose main utility was recommending tech firms that were good at accomplishing specific tasks for me. So, yes, I know what you do. I would ask what you specialize in, but I'm quite sure you know everything and are the best at everything; so why specialize?
That's your fault. You don't hire people because they call themselves experts. You have to know your business well enough to be able to spot bullshit in the interview process. In my own business experience, the most assured way that I ever found to fuck up my business, was to hire people. That's crass, and it's cynical, but it's true. But in the context of the conversation, it means that you have to do your part. And even though it might seem that todays youngers are completely worthless, that is, at least in part, illusory. Generational disconnect often gets in the way of analyzing candidates in the proper perspective. If you expect your crop of candidates to look like the people who groomed you, prepare for disappointment.

I specialize in Research and Development, and have some very specific skillsets, which I won't be going into (for reasons that you should understand if you're a business owner). Rest assured, what I do, has nothing to do with what you do.

This thread isn't about you. Typ millennial...
I know, it's about you. I keep forgetting that "discussion forums" don't really mean what they're called.

Also, I'm definitely not a millennial, but I wouldn't really let it be my undoing, if I were. There are lots of millennials out there making as good or better a life for themselves as you or I. You probably don't know that, since you haven't ever left the holler, but it's true...

I've been working for long enough to have made observations about the academic abilities of my colleagues.

The "obsolescence" comment, was made with regards to the mindset of other person posting. I get that "we" all want to live 300 years in the past - but some of us aren't very equipped to deal with a world that moves forward. Just like some of us aren't very well equipped to deal with the caveats of the Bear Pit. Namely, that others will have different points of view, and that we should be wearing our "big boy" pants, so as to avoid being precious snowflakes.
I missed the share a bit more part of your post.

Example: I have a friend that has/is doing the IT job description you have that recently
was offered a Microsoft position that would pay a 1/4 a year. Would you say you are on parity
with this or over/under?

R

I missed the share a bit more part of your post.

R
You're really invested in that. Doing a little bit of investigative research, are we?

I work with a group of youngers that from day one, can solve complex problems, that still either partially, or fully, elude their peers (including myself, many times).

I work with a group of youngers who will spend the night in the office, while their peers are out the door, the second their shift is satisfied

I work with a group of youngers who are so tenacious, that they'll focus like a laser beam on things that matter to them - when I find myself on discussion forums with people who have no interest in anything that falls outside of their own closed loop view of the world.

My younger colleagues are phenomenally intelligent, and when they show up to have a debate about anything - technical or otherwise - have their shit together. They're articulate, concise, and always have a basis. By contrast, the majority of my older colleagues, while being pleasant to work with, look like dumbtards, by comparison. Often, they are even clueless as to how and where we find the resources, that the youngers are fluent in utilizing, at will.

So yeah, I'll give credit where credit is due. You can say whatever you like about what you know, but that's what I've observed. And to be perfectly frank, in my profession, I'd rather work with most of them, than their older counterparts. Don't care much about what they're like outside of work. A man's beliefs and mind, are his own personal domain.

You're really invested in that. Doing a little bit of investigative research, are we?

I work with a group of youngers that from day one, can solve complex problems, that still either partially, or fully, elude their peers (including myself, many times).

I work with a group of youngers who will spend the night in the office, while their peers are out the door, the second their shift is satisfied

I work with a group of youngers who are so tenacious, that they'll focus like a laser beam on things that matter to them - when I find myself on discussion forums with people who have no interest in anything that falls outside of their own closed loop view of the world.

My younger colleagues are phenomenally intelligent, and when they show up to have a debate about anything - technical or otherwise - have their shit together. They're articulate, concise, and always have a basis. By contrast, the majority of my older colleagues, while being pleasant to work with, look like dumbtards, by comparison. Often, they are even clueless as to how and where we find the resources, that the youngers are fluent in utilizing, at will.

So yeah, I'll give credit where credit is due. You can say whatever you like about what you know, but that's what I've observed. And to be perfectly frank, in my profession, I'd rather work with most of them, than their older counterparts. Don't care much about what they're like outside of work. A man's beliefs and mind, are his own personal domain.
Wow, you type fast and still don't say shit.
I'm trying to give your the opportunity to back up your claims and you're failing miserably.
You could call it a 5 shot group pic.
Btw a microcosm of workers does not an average make.

R

Btw a microcosm of workers does not an average make.
Which is exactly why ALL generation arguments are bullshit.

For Christ Sake, the OP didn't even stereotype the correct generation...

No, it really doesn't.

They have access to everything we've all 'learned' in the past, just like we did from those before us. However, the huge difference here is that if you take their ipad and internet away from them, they will basically cease knowing how to exist, some will curl up in the fetal position and cry while others will spend all of their time starving to death trying to figure out who to blame for this atrocity.

Meanwhile, I will still be able to change a tire, figure out where I am and how to get to where I'm going, feed myself, be able to write in complete sentences, problem solve (this is the A#1 deficiency GenZ/millenials have) continue on as normal and my ability to kill you has not diminished.

No, what im saying is i dont automatically go to pull my beretta on children because they are approaching, thats not a thought a well adjusted person has.
And where in the Germans post did it say that he automatically went to pull his Berretta?

And where in the Germans post did it say that he automatically went to pull his Berretta?
You're right, he didn't say berretta.
"At this point, all I'm thinking is, do I hit them with the pressure washer shooting 35k PSI first, or do I just go left to right from the draw on them with the Glock19."

"At this point, all I'm thinking is, do I hit them with the pressure washer shooting 35k PSI first, or do I just go left to right from the draw on them with the Glock19."
Hope your not saying he was wrong to think something.

Plenty of Boomers went to Viet Nam, served their country, love Jesus, etc.

There's good and bad in all generations, but you have to admit it's getting worse and worse.

c4282be3b7a64b9192342f186d743d6a.gif

LOL! Most educated!!!!
Yes, educated beyond their intelligence. They were told you MUST have a degree to be anything and for some this works (engineering, medical, etc) but the rest now have their masters in philosophy with a minor in gender studies, a 100,000 student loan and working at Starbucks. That is until the plandemic, now just waiting for the free ride promised by Joe an-da Hoe.

Yes, educated beyond their intelligence. They were told you MUST have a degree to be anything and for some this works (engineering, medical, etc) but the rest now have their masters in philosophy with a minor in gender studies, a 100,000 student loan and working at Starbucks. That is until the plandemic, now just waiting for the free ride promised by Joe an-da Hoe.
If my child fails, that's fine. If they allow themselves to become a failure, then I failed as a parent.

I don't get why the boomers are bitching about millennials. Assuming this is all true and millennials are, in fact, the worst generation ever, how do boomers justify bitching about how shitty their kids are when they were the ones that raised them?

Am I the only one that finds this absolutely baffling?

They have access to everything we've all 'learned' in the past, just like we did from those before us. However, the huge difference here is that if you take their ipad and internet away from them, they will basically cease knowing how to exist, some will curl up in the fetal position and cry while others will spend all of their time starving to death trying to figure out who to blame for this atrocity.

Meanwhile, I will still be able to change a tire, figure out where I am and how to get to where I'm going, feed myself, be able to write in complete sentences, problem solve (this is the A#1 deficiency GenZ/millenials have) continue on as normal and my ability to kill you has not diminished.
There's plenty of redneck millennial and Gen Z kids where I live. In fact, I never saw anyone run dogs better than the doofus I hunt pigs with. He's got the crazy troop that do all their hunting with knives. He's an under 30. So I do tend to have a little hard time with the far reaching labels. Especially knowing that I heard the same shit back in the day. Except it was, "Take away their Atari, Nintendo, etc..."

I tend to think that most of us notice the label kids more, because back in the day, we were wearing the labels. If we're here having this conversation today, we grew up...

Assuming this is all true and millennials are, in fact, the worst generation ever, how do boomers justify bitching about how shitty their kids are when they were the ones that raised them?

No, in fact, you are not.

But then again, I'm also struggling to understand how I'm on a site with self-proclaimed "free thinkers" who hate differing opinions, so there's that.

He clearly said he thought about pulling his glock, i said i never think about pulling my beretta.... because i carry a beretta.

Ok, so let me clear some things up for you before you go calling Joe Biden or something.

First, I never touched my weapon and these weren't 9 year old trick or treaters. When 3 random ass people nearing 18-20 years old that I've never seen before decide to all of a sudden walk over towards me on my property after business hours when the sun is going down and 1 of them has his hand in a bag and the other 2 look at me, stop and fan out a bit, you are at a minimum having me figure out how I'm going to #1 not die and #2, work the problem on how to achieve #1. Everything else comes after that. For those of us with functioning cognitive skills, everything either ends well with no issue, or I'm not the one with a problem.

Additionally, where I've been, children don't get a pass.

If my child fails, that's fine. If they allow themselves to become a failure, then I failed as a parent.

I don't get why the boomers are bitching about millennials. Assuming this is all true and millennials are, in fact, the worst generation ever, how do boomers justify bitching about how shitty their kids are when they were the ones that raised them?

Again, boomers did not raise this current generation of 17 year olds, who also are not millennials. Apparently that fact baffles you too?

That's certainly a generational issue. And who was it that told Gen X'ers and Millennials that they were nothing without a college degree? Who stuffed that shit down our throats, since we were old enough to read? Hmmm...

I have a problem with degree mills, but I don't have a problem with people needing certain educations for certain fields. (unless they are absolute standouts, which 99.9% are not) You can't tell me that the 23 year old data scientist, who has his master's degree from MIT, doesn't deserve to have his job, in a related field. Conversely, nobody deserves a job, just because they have a degree. That education was supposed to be a supplement to your existing talents - not your passport to a salary, or a thing to remove a barrier to entry.

"Big Ed" needs reform, but that's not Millenials' faults.

Again, boomers did not raise this current generation of 17 year olds, who also are not millennials. Apparently that fact baffles you too?
If stereotypes hold true, then "Boomers" didn't raise much of anything. They were off "doing them", hence you have the "Latchkey kids".

No, in fact, you are not.

But then again, I'm also struggling to understand how I'm on a site with self-proclaimed "free thinkers" who hate differing opinions, so there's that.
Take it for what it is... a gun forum. We're united by our love of the shooting sports. With that love comes some common ground on certain political issues. Conservatives fall subject to the same tendencies to follow the herd as liberals, albeit in a different direction.

This isn't exactly the best place to have an intelligent debate, especially if your opinion isn't the prevailing one on the hide. This morning I had someone on here tell me that my mom fucked my dad's friends out of the blue. No idea who they are or where they came from. It made me chuckle.

Just keep things in perspective and keep it moving. It is what it is.

• Haha
Reactions: lash and MtnCreek
17 year olds generally aren't considered millennials. I've always considered millennials to be people born in the 80's and 90's. Most others would agree.

Picking on 17 year olds is kind of lame. They haven't had their time to shine yet. Yeah, they might suck, but you've got to give them some time to come into their own. I say we should give them a shot before trashing them.

Reactions: Frank Warren
I want the germans 35k psi pressure washer...
Fo shizzle.
Clean the dingleberrys off of any damn thing w that monster

What? What kind of b grade, bullshit movie line terminator wannabe shit did i just read? I imagine an internet nerd saying this just before he goes to work at the fair not letting kids ride the tilta wirl, dark days. In a different post you bragged about banging the prom queen and marrying a rich woman... b grade nick cage lines is what i read from you. Is your community gated zee german?

• Haha
Reactions: Solid7
Ok, so let me clear some things up for you before you go calling Joe Biden or something.

First, I never touched my weapon and these weren't 9 year old trick or treaters. When 3 random ass people nearing 18-20 years old that I've never seen before decide to all of a sudden walk over towards me on my property after business hours when the sun is going down and 1 of them has his hand in a bag and the other 2 look at me, stop and fan out a bit, you are at a minimum having me figure out how I'm going to #1 not die and #2, work the problem on how to achieve #1. Everything else comes after that. For those of us with functioning cognitive skills, everything either ends well with no issue, or I'm not the one with a problem.

Anyhow, good job not going all clint eastwood on the kids who in all probability only recieve extra credit at best for trying to develop people skills. How dangerous is your neighborhood? Everyone says thegerman has the best of everything.... how can it be so dangerous where you choose to keep your in the wall waterfall feature? Good fences make good neighbors.

What? What kind of b grade, bullshit movie line terminator wannabe shit did i just read? I imagine an internet nerd saying this just before he goes to work at the fair not letting kids ride the tilta wirl, dark days. In a different post you bragged about banging the prom queen and marrying a rich woman... b grade nick cage lines is what i read from you. Is your community gated zee german?
First off, "welcome to the Hide". It is obvious that you're new here.

Which brings me to my next question..... are you by-chance new at "adulting", too? From what/how you post, it seems such so I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Now if only others would do such too, eh? (read between the lines)

Reactions: Dewey7271 and lash
Thanks for the welcome. We have spoken a few times allready. I guess this is an echo chamber like all the others, and your the bouncer thats here to tell me if i want free speech it better sound like yours? I have never let others stop me from standing up when i feel something is wrong, and i feel there is alot wrong with what he is saying about kids. Not being a dick, but who tough talks about not giving children a pass? Thats going full retard.
First off, "welcome to the Hide". It is obvious that you're new here.

Which brings me to my next question..... are you by-chance new at "adulting", too? From what/how you post, it seems such so I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Now if only others would do such too, eh? (read between the lines)

Anyhow, good job not going all clint eastwood on the kids who in all probability only recieve extra credit at best for trying to develop people skills. How dangerous is your neighborhood? Everyone says thegerman has the best of everything.... how can it be so dangerous where you choose to keep your in the wall waterfall feature? Good fences make good neighbors.

I live in a horse neighborhood. lol

Ironically, when people want to do bad shit and/or take your shit, they generally dont go to the poor people areas.

Thanks for the welcome. We have spoken a few times allready. I guess this is an echo chamber like all the others, and your the bouncer thats here to tell me if i want free speech it better sound like yours? I have never let others stop me from standing up when i feel something is wrong, and i feel there is alot wrong with what he is saying about kids. Not being a dick, but who tough talks about not giving children a pass? Thats going full retard.

Want to know how I know you've never been deployed to Kosovo or Afghanistan?