• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I hit the wood lottery on a new CZ457 MTR. (Update) some of today's range day pics.

macthknife

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 9, 2004
clarksville, IN
Picked up an MTR yesterday. (14 Dec) It has some of the nicest wood I've seen on a rifle under a grand. They really choose some cool looking walnut for these things. Looking forward to the arrival of my scope rail, so I can get some range time with it.

Attachments

• IMG_8892.jpeg
    IMG_8892.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 525
  • IMG_8893.jpeg
    IMG_8893.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 514
Scope on temporarily, until a torque driver I ordered arrives, so I can locktite the rail. I'm liking that Nikon glass too. Great deals on the leftover supply.

Attachments

• IMG_8897.jpeg
    IMG_8897.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 122
Scope on temporarily, until a torque driver I ordered arrives, so I can locktite the rail. I'm liking that Nikon glass too. Great deals on the leftover supply.
Its too bad they stopped making scopes. It would have been nice if they would have tried to keep up with the market. It does look good though. I considered one a while back for my Vudoo but I believe it’s parallax only goes down to 50 or 75yards and that was a no go.

Reactions: macthknife
You lucky $”@&!. That’s the first MTR I’ve seen with anything, but the plainest wood and yours is a 10.

• Haha
wood is made to be used you can go back and clean it if you want baby it scratches like on an old beat up pick up are more a badge of honor . Use it like you own it . (y)

Lovely rifle! Let us know how it shoots, if you can bear to take it to a range!

I’m toying with getting one for longer range .22. If I go down the CZ route it’d be that or an LRP.

Boiled Linseed oil is a good treatment,,it may give it a reddish hue over time
I personally would use Johnson’s Floor Wax

Wow... every CZ rifle I've gotten in the past 5 years has wood that is so plain it almost looks fake

• Sad
Reactions: macthknife and KZP
I picked up a CZ MTR a month ago as I thought I'd like to shoot in the ARA Bench Rest Factory Class next year. While my stock is nice, You won the wood lottery.

With regards to rings, since I'll only be shooting at 50 yards I went a different route with mounting the scope. I had a rail mounted on my CZ 455 but the rail raised the scope just enough that I couldn't get a good cheek weld. I also plan on loading the rifle by hand, (I already have a single shot adaptor from my CZ 455), and I found the picatinny rail made single shot loading more difficult, therefore I wanted rings that mounted directly to the dovetail. So for this gun I purchased some air rifle rings made by Mizugira off of Amazon that mount directly to the 11mm rail. The rings are medium height and provide the exact cheek weld I was looking for. The cost was $11.00, they look to be well made and I'm pretty sure they can handle the recoil from a .22 rim fire. I also purchased a 11mm dovetail to picatinny/weaver rings adaptor by UTG for $13.00 but haven't used them yet. If I want to shoot out at distance, I'll remount the rail off of my CZ 455 on to the 457 MTR and shoot with a magazine.

I just thought I'd offer some other options for mounting rings to the dovetail on the CZ's.
And enjoy your rifle. Mine had the best chamber and bore that I've ever seen though my bore scope for a factory rifle and I'm very happy with how well it shoots.

Got a single shot magazine adapter today, and found the test group copy in the rifle box. 6mm spread. Pretty cool.

Attachments

• IMG_8902.jpeg
    IMG_8902.jpeg
    291.4 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_8903.jpeg
    IMG_8903.jpeg
    436.2 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_8905.jpeg
    IMG_8905.jpeg
    333.8 KB · Views: 50
Reactions: Kenmc
Decent results at the range for my unorganized old ass. I'm super respiratory impaired, but the range is well ventilated, so I don't believe I was at risk while there. Was the only person in the rifle range. Only fired about 75 or so rounds before running outta time, but so far, I'm liking the Aguila Target Competition quite well. The best two groups were with it. One 5 shots into one hole at 50 meters, and one under an inch at 100, with a rifle that's not even close to settled in yet. Got pretty tired, but still had a lotta fun.

Attachments

• IMG_8921.jpeg
    IMG_8921.jpeg
    375.8 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_8920.jpeg
    IMG_8920.jpeg
    303.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_8918.jpeg
    IMG_8918.jpeg
    324.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_8917.jpeg
    IMG_8917.jpeg