• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I just dont get it... You would think components would be back in stock by now !

Laddering a load until you've tweaked it for precision is a ball buster! Once on top, why throw out the best recipe that works, only to start from scratch all over again?

Maybe so, but I have been on that campus in Cupertino and it's pretty awesome.

Other than that, I would still like to hear a plausible reason for the supply problem? Sure, I have a suspicion, but it only makes sense if I believed in a vast "left-wing" conspiracy. BB

I am with you guys, I haven't needed much this past year but slowed down shooting a bit, been pretty patient too but now it is getting a little annoying.
Rant off.
I am with rob01 on this one.

Yes, load development really sucks. I think I agree with robo1 on this one though, too much panic buying by people who don't really shoot that much. I don't have a problem with hoarders. The problem arises when "hoarders" who already have a good stockpile decide that due to the shortage they need to buy more at a time when supply is limited. When you hardly shoot at all and you have 5lbs of powder sitting at home you should NOT buy that can of powder sitting on the shelf just because that is the type of powder you use and its in stock. You leave that for someone else that is hurting. That and every time there is a school shooting people rush to the internet/nearest gun store and buy everything they can regardless of what they already have.

Last edited:
TB2Blazer,
5lbs. of powder is cutting it close for a single loading session, since the average load is near 230grs. for my 50 BMG. So I can't criticize someone for buying 16lbs. of powder in that category. A 408CT consumes over 130grs. ! Now if your loading a .223 or .458SOCOM, 1lb. can go a long way. I understand the reasoning for giving someone the hairy eyeball when they grab off the shelf. Within our shooting circle, we are forced to share what provisions we can find. I get P-Oed at the true non-shooting hoarder who is the market speculator. Willing to sell their stash at above market price because of limited availability.
I am an old Frank Zappa follower: government conspiracy. "Keep all of your guns, we'll just limit your supplies!" This was one of the routes the left-wingnuts were contemplating back in the '90's.

No offense taken. Just putting it out there since I got a similar look from people at the gas station during the "cash for clunkers scam" as I filled up my truck. I was rudely criticized by some righteous know-it-all for having the audacity to drive a "gas guzzler".

I think it is easing up, but its not there yet. I was about to spot my oldest son some 308 Lapua brass, and decided to check a few of my regular places out. Found it at the first 3 that I looked at. One of them even had it on sale! Powder and primers are slowly showing back up, too! My last 2 Midway sales flyers had some reloading equipment listed again. Its been about a year since they listed any tools or components. Like another poster responded, a lot of us are restocking again, now that the pressure is easing.

The Remington plant in my area is expanding its production facilities. I don't blame them for not spending millions at the first panic, but I guess they see a need now. Lightman

Back in Atlanta for my father's 80th birthday party. Went to a small gun show-real small. 8 pound kegs of Varget for sale, H4350,. H4381 available,Federal rifle primers $28 per K

Nobody was fighting or clawing for powder, primers or bullets.

I'm always surprised by the number of people who believe they know better how to allocate scarce resources than the people actually paying their money for them. "Hoarding", whether for personal security, usage, or profit turning, was open to everyone. Next thing you know someone will start complaining about all the people who bought up a bunch of gold when it was $400/oz and now they're pissed they have to pay $1,300/oz.

Any of us could have taken a risk and loaded up on ammo, turned a profit, and been able to afford what we want. I suspect most anything anyone wants is available in the market. The problem for some is it isn't available at the price they want to pay.

Really, if it costs too much for you don't buy it. If you want it bad enough, pay your money. If you don't want to fall victim to price fluctuations hoard for the future at a price you're comfortable with. As for those turning a profit, profits often go to those willing to take risks. As many point out, not everyone who takes risks profits: if supply increases they may be stuck with a bunch of inventory they don't want and may sell low. Stock up when that happens.

But it makes my head spin how someone can blame another man for his problems based on what that other man does with his money. For now, we're all free to do what we want with our money and could have done what the guy who's profiting did. But if you can't live with that why not pass a law? The party that believes it knows better how people's money should be spent is in charge right now (frankly, these days it seems both parties believe this). Lobby your congressman to make it that only people who can prove they really need the ammo get to buy it. To each according to his needs, from each according to their abilities right?

The state already thinks we're too stupid to decide what kind of health insurance we need. It seems a small step to decide to control who buys what ammo and how much. So go for it.

Next year we'll hear how people don't "need" a 10,000 square foot house and those folks who foolishly thought they needed a big house will have the pleasure of hosting some immigrant families. They must not teach about the Bolshevik Revolution anymore.

This may suck for some of us. But don't blame others. Blame yourself for not preparing properly.

And yes, I'm well aware half the country despises individual freedom, a free market, and/or don't understand basic economic principles, and would give this post a red arrow down if the site support such a feature. Like I said, totalitarian principles are in vogue right now -- pass a law and create utopia.

EDIT: And I only wish I had hoarded .22lr -- oh how I wish...but I'm not complaining about others who did. I'm just blaming myself and not shooting .22 until (and IF) it comes down in price. At some point my desire to shoot .22 will be worth the price to play. I'm not there yet.

Last edited:
I would like to try to keep some prospective on the subject on hand. We are talking about a commodity that very few of us actually needs to survive in our day to day lives. I'm sure there are some guys who could really use some 165 grain accubonds to slay their next meal and can't find them on the shelves right now. If they are resourceful, they will fall back on the 168 smk hpbt they have hidden away. They may even have to break down and use that 20 year old can of 4320 they haven't used in a long time. I have had to work loads up using power pro 2000, imr 4320, cfe 223; all kinds of weird shit so I could send some rounds down range. Would I rather have some Varget? You bet. Will the lack there of keep me from shooting? Hell no. This is all about supply and demand. Till people can curb their passion to purchase this over desired/consumed commodity or the manufacturers of said commodity figure out there is money to be made by cranking up production the demand on the current supply will remain the same. I don't see any legislation to limit or prohibit production or purchase of these products any time in the near future. This is all being driven by a fear that currently doesn't exist.