• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s I miss the '80s

Re: I miss the '80s

Born in 65 and graduated HS in 83. Great thread here. I miss all of it and listen primarily to 80's music to this day. I can especially appreciate the comments made about the women and the blue jeans of that era.....waaaaaay better!

s6

I was born in 1042. Hell, I miss the 50's.

I can remember buying gas for 18 cents a gallon, and an attendant would pump it, check my oil, and clean my windshield.
I still have my TI 99

Edit: That should be 1942.

Here are some...I graduated in '88:

Ferrari sunglasses for free when you filled up.
Acid wash Levi 501's.
Levi Jean jacket, with a full back patch of Eddie from Iron Maiden.
Kangaroo sneakers.
Members only.
Izod.
Those stupid robot sunglasses.
Crystal Light.
TAB cola.
Swatch watches.
Thundercats...woaah!
He Man.
Starblazers.
Space 1999.
Battle Star Galactica.
Ironsides.
Beretta.
Love, American Style.
The Love Boat.
Welcome back Carter.
...and then there's Maud!
Vanna White had to actually put on and pull off the letters..
Barney Miller.
That's INCREDIBLE!
Good Times...DYNOMITE!!

..shit, now I'm gonna rock me some Bananarama.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7.62willdo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that little smoking hot chick on DALLAS charlene or something... </div></div>

Charlene Hilton...yeah, she was in the spank bank.

It was Charlene Tilton, not Hilton. She was really hot when the show started in the late '70s.

How about the Galagher specials?
It's not a slicer. It's not a dicer. It's not a chopper in a hopper. What the hell could it possibly be?

Jim

A shuttle blew up with a teacher on board.
frown.gif

Disco died.

Paula Abdul was still hot, but not insane yet.

There were no "reality" TV shows.

Remember Laser Discs that were bigger than LP albums?

I took a cap & ball revolver to school for show & tell, everyone thought it was cool and no one called the cops.

Nobody knew what Meth was.

Castro occupied Grenada...........briefly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mike</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Casey Simpson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">IROC's were hot too. Was that an acronym for something?</div></div>IROC
International Race of Champions.</div></div>The way I heard it, in the 80's of course, IROC was an acronym for Italian Retard Out Cruising.
laugh.gif

But what do I know? In the 80's I drove a '67 Mustang and a '67 Impala.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kinsman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Hell, I miss the 50's.</div></div>

The late 50's an most of the 60's for me. Watched JFK get shot on live TV, the moon landings, recall "Hay, Hay, LBJ, how many boys have you killed today. Was out taking names, when the nightly news, plastered the South V/N Cop executing the VC, and had just return stateside for a few, when Kent State happened. Lived 60 miles from Chicago, an was paid to sleep on top of a mall for 7 nights by the owners, to protect it from the "Chicago element" during an after the riots.

Bought a like new 1966 Chevy S/S 396 in early 68 and tooled around during a few cool summer nights listing to WLS radio from Chicago, while looking for tang. Then LBJ jumped ship, tricky Dick started talking that peace with honor shit. His plumbers spring a leak, save one, Ford blowed the Miaquize (sp), peanut man hosed up some birds an good men, then it took the actor Ray-Gun, to break the USSR on shit that would never work. The times have been a "Trip" for sure. Money was made, lessons were learned, an I got old. I'd do it all the same again if I could,...well most of it anyway.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kinsman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was born in 1042. Hell, I miss the 50's.</div></div>

Damn, your really old! So what was the dark ages really like?
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alaskaman 11</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kinsman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was born in 1042. Hell, I miss the 50's.</div></div>Damn, your really old! So what was the dark ages really like?
wink.gif
</div></div>I hear the year 1066 was a bitch! I saw the tapestry about it.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pepperbelly</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> It was Charlene Tilton, not Hilton. She was really hot when the show started in the late '70s.

How about the Galagher specials?
It's not a slicer. It's not a dicer. It's not a chopper in a hopper. What the hell could it possibly be?

Jim </div></div>

It's Sledge-o-Matic!!!!!

Yes folks, it's just that easy.

Joan Jett!!!( Do You Wanna Touch) Good one !!!! Thanks for the great post
Class of 86 here
Graduate of Frt Benning 87..PRC 77 for coms M60 in every plt.

Ok, so we're doing songs now 'eh..."we're gonna rock down to....electric avenue..."

..or...deet. deet. deet. deet. dadeetydeetydeet...freeze frame!

..or..s s s s s.....a a a a ...f f f f f ....e e e e e ..t t t t tt t. y y y y yyyyy....

What about Parachute pants? Shit....I even had the jacket. Also the "super cool" Members Only jacket. I hate to admit it, but I had one of those too. How about Capezio shoes? I cant believe I wore those things. I feel like a tool right now for actually wearing that crap. Oh well. The 80's were a fun time. My saving grace was my big block AMC Hornet that was the fastest car in town at the time. I miss that car......

You feel like a tool for wearing Capezio's, how about me wearing wrestling sneakers with cuffed jeans. That was so gay...

Hell yeah, parachute pants and the MJ Thriller jacket...well, the K-Mart knock off! Matched with a pair of black/red Air jordans. I was fresh!

...or, how about trying to be cool at the keg party by wearing pastel colored t-shirts, cotton "sun" pants, no-socks and Perry dock siders...ala Miami Vice baby!

Leaded gas, JARTS, Sonny Crocket, Da Bears, that smokin chick from Weird Science, VCRs, BETAs, and Pitfall on Atari.

--can't forget Schaefer beer!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Drifter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Camaro hair all teased up and tight jeans, tall boots, hot.

The low cut jean thing just does nothing for me, and every chick thinks she looks good in them. Hot chicks are still hot.
For a slightly bigger gal that would still look good in some 80s jeans, muffin top and plumbers cleavage are serious side effects...YUK! If she isn't perfect low cut jeans prove it. That can be good or bad I suppose.

</div></div>

Great observation! I've been trying to point this out to women I know for years now - and they refuse to believe it! "But the're in style," they moan! I say, sure, but unless you have a pretty much perfect rear-end and are very fit...well, those lo-rise jeans do NOTHING for you!!

As a Metal music devotee 'til the day, I do miss the 80's in that reagard - the 80's was Metal's(real metal)heyday!! the NWOBHM, Thrash, Speed and Death Metal were all born in the 80's!! Those were good times...

Graduated in 88.

Senior picture.
Me18-2.jpg

My guitars.
myfrankies.jpg

Thinks I miss:
- Hot girls with big hair in spandex mini skirts with fringe leather jackets.
- Going to rock concerts.
- Concert t-shirts, Converse high tops and wrestling shoes.
- Neon colors, MTV actually played rock videos.
- Bi-levels(they weren't called mullets).
- Hard Rock (VH, Ratt, Dokken, Motley Crue, Tesla, Skid Row, Metallica, Guns & Roses, etc).
- Levi 501's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mackdrvr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the all white one a Kramer? </div></div>

Yup. Kramer Focus 1000 with a Seymour Duncan "JB" pickup.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sumpter Steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mackdrvr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the all white one a Kramer? </div></div>

Yup. Kramer Focus 1000 with a Seymour Duncan "JB" pickup. </div></div>

Nice axe dude.

Every time I hear the intro to "Moving in stereo" by the Cars, I think of the Phoebe Cates pool scene in Fast times.

The movie "Hard Bodies" was great too.

I was born in 81 btw

Dont miss the acid wash jeans that the girls wore, the waist line was too high. Spandex and a camel toe a plus, miss that. Unless a girl had a big rack the bras were not that great for beefing up the enthusiasm.

Ahhhh the 80's I graduated HS in '85

Charlies Angels ( all spank banked )
The Dukes of Hazzard, General Lee and o/c Daisy ( spank banked )

Kelly Lebrock and the Movie Weird Science.

Bryan Adams, Genisis, Phil Collins, on dates is was Chicago and Journey and o/c REO Speedwagon. Bob Segar was always good to have!

Common guys Roller Skating rinks... hellooooo .. tell me I was the only one going to roller skating rinks to meet chicks?

Does anyone remember The Romanitcs, Flock of Seagulls? Corey Hart and "I wear my Sunglasses at Night"

Remember the Izods ( alligators Shirts )and wearing 2 shirt (different colors o/c) some dudes wore three of 'em.

The movie Risky Business and Rebecca De Mornay!

Please Tell me you remember the movie 9 1/2 weeks and Kim Bassinger!