• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s I need a good Flask

srtsam

Paul
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Mar 1, 2008
    West TN
    I have been trying to find a nice pocket flask for bourbon or whiskey. I am trying to avoid buying the same one China makes for everybody and they just stick their label on it. Does anyone know who makes a nice not too big, not too small flask that is made in the states. I would think there would be a market for these. I have been looking at the older models on ebay but even there am unsure. thanks in advance

Re: I need a good Flask

I got one from Orvis years ago. Don't know if they still sell them.... Maybe Duluth Trading Company.

You can carry a pint in plastic for about the same weight as a half pint in stainless steel unless you're into concealed carry. Just sayin'.....

metal and leather are classic, but for usefulness, durability, strength vs weight, etc - get a Nalgene flask (REI, Sportsmans Whorehouse, etc carry them). The lid doubles as a 1oz shot glass, while still leaving the flask closed and the outer sleeve works for a handy cup if you need one. Absolutely won't leak unless you break the entire thing....in which case you need to stop drinking for the night.

http://store.nalgene.com/category-s/31.htm

Why carry 6 ounces? Might as well get three miniatures and throw them away when empty... The nalgene flasks are really the best unless you have an occasion where you really need to be really sporty.

5yu62s.jpg

Snow Peak Titanium

Yea, yea, yea... $125 is a lot of scratch to spend on a flask. Hell, you could buy several bottles of decent whiskey for the same price. BUT when that whiskey is gone you'll have nothing ('cept maybe some good memories), the Ti flask oughta last forever and then some! I've been wanting one for years ever since I first saw 'em. Either didn't have the money or they were out of stock when I wanted one. Just ordered one up today after seeing your thread, thanks!
    grin.gif

SnowPeakFlask.jpg

SnowPeakFlask2.jpg

SnowPeakFlask3.jpg

(<span style="font-style: italic">Not my images, obviously, mine is still on the way</span>)

I wouldn't worry about loosing a $5-10 nalgene flask...a $125 titanium flask would be neat, but then I would have less to spend on booze, and would just have another neat thing to keep track of and make sure it doesn't get lost or stolen.

I guess I would buy 2-3 nalgene flasks, and spend the remainder of the $125 on some fine single malt scotch. There would probably be enough Scotch to fill all three flasks at least once.