• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns I need a revolver

Did someone say buntline was the answer?
4ACD8F87-3D31-4242-8427-210F1FDFEAEE.jpeg

MIM parts and safeties
Those are non-issues from a durability standpoint, which is all I care about.

The actions in the S&Ws with MIM parts have been smoother and cleaner out of the box that those with forged/machined parts in my limited sample size.

A 4" no dash m66, 3" 629-1 Effector, 3" 686+, and 4" 69 are the ones that stay in regular rotation for my carry. The g34mos slips in if I'm more worried about methheads the cougars.
20220830_193213.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Makinchips208
Wow, not much love on here for moon clips on wheel guns, much easier to reload than speed loaders. I love my 610,625,and 929, all use moon clips, but to each his own?

Attachments

• revolvers.jpg
    revolvers.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 47
  • moon clips.jpg
    moon clips.jpg
    658.6 KB · Views: 46
Wow, not much love on here for moon clips on wheel guns, much easier to reload than speed loaders. I love my 610,625,and 929, all use moon clips, but to each his own?
I’m considering having a second cylinder fit an cut for moons for my 629. Partially because finding good speed loaders for a 44 mag N frame is so difficult.
3624C5EF-82EE-467E-9BA1-5BA6FCA28980.jpeg

Only one mention of the new Pythons? Are they that bad? Would love to pick up a 3" sometime in the future.

Dayum, That 629 3" is one of my dream pistols, I love my 629-5 5", but it is difficult to carry. either a 3" or 4" Mountain Gun would fit the check box perfectly. The custom IWB holster almost makes the 5" concealable, but........

It does make for fun with my CCW Instructor friends who reference my carrying it. I only put it on my permit to get various flavors of LEO off my back when hunting. (even though it is covered by FWS Code then).

I grew up on Smith and Wesson but in the last three years I have gone all in on Ruger GP100s and Super RedHawks as I can do a trigger job on them in my kitchen and I like the no-side plate design.

-Stan

Reactions: perttime
I usually carry a Colt SAA or model 27.

Colt is loaded with a 250 gr RNFP over 38 gr of black powder.

Model 27 is loaded with a 178 gr Swc with enough Unique to scare most people.

45 Colt gets overlooked often, but that ho will fling some damn lead, and recoil is very manageable.

And, why aren't we seeing any pictures of these fine wheel guns?
Hmmmm?

How about some of the woodwork you've done on them?

Reactions: godofthunder
Z-Cote 44 mag Ruger Super Black Hawk Camo Hunter 1988

Bought it from a friend who was a collector going through a nasty divorce about 1992. He said it was rare. Wish I had the box as I've never seen another like it.

This is the only info I've ever found on the Z-Cote guns. Seams it was pretty limited and only 1987-1988 ish & I've only ever seen it on Colts.

Anyone got any insight on Z-Cote?

IMG_7370.jpg
IMG_7371.jpg

This, Stainless is preferred but finding one is gonna be difficult. .45 Colt. Large Frame only (not the flat top, their nice but bears aren’t) Can load it with 275 to 300 grain cast, at pressures up to 32,000 PSI. When shooting for fun, load with standard pressure .45 Colt rounds. very light shooting and a ton of fun.

This particular Ruger is my Barbecue gun, but when I am in the woods, its also my carry gun. We have boars in excess of 500 pounds and the sows aren’t much smaller. Within your budget and a great shooter.

1670188834099.jpeg

Last edited:
This, Stainless is preferred but finding one is gonna be difficult. .45 Colt. Large Frame only (not the flat top, their nice but bears aren’t) Can load it with 275 to 300 grain cast, at pressures up to 32,000 PSI. When shooting for fun, load with standard pressure .45 Colt rounds. very light shooting and a ton of fun.

This particular Ruger is my Barbecue gun, but when I am in the woods, its also my carry gun. We have boars in excess of 500 pounds and the sows aren’t much smaller. Within your budget and a great shooter.

I had a Ruger .45 Colt Bisley for a while and fired a few boxes of Underwood and Buffalo Bore 325gr +P rounds thru it. Pretty stout stuff, to put it mildly. I traded that Bisley for a S&W Model 66, but I still shoot those heavy .45 Colt loads in my Rossi M92 on occasion. They chrono right at 1,500 fps out of the Rossi's 16" barrel (@ 1,300 from the 5-1/2" Bisley) and have proven to be very effective hog killers.

Underwood also makes a standard pressure .45 Colt load with a 255gr Keith semi-wadcutter gas-check that's hotter than the typical cowboy action loads, but still very pleasant to shoot. The .45 Colt is great to handload too; my fat fingers manipulate them easier than 38/357 cases and bullets.