• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

I need a ruck

precision308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2013
Indiana
What is a good bag to do the jp ultimate tough man challenge. Need something to carry food water winter clothing and shooting gear for 2-3 days

the only thing i can say to that: the gunslinger 2 is a great pack. but not large enough for it. sadly.

I just posted this in another thread, not a salesman, but do know the gear a little: try wilderness pack specialties I think the hyperlite combo will work for you

I just google'd the competition and your extreme division sounds awesome. If you decide on buying a Tactial Tailor Ruck, you can buy my multicam complete with metal harness.

My favorite post-Army pack has been a Kifaru Express with wrap tech suspension. I've taken that on some long trips in pretty rugged conditions and it's held up very well and been quite comfortable. Back in August I got both the Arcteryx Khard 30 and 45 and have been running them through their paces. They're quite versatile but don't feel as comfortable as the Kifaru when loaded up heavy. Recently I offloaded the smaller Khard 30 and kept the 45, which has been my daily pack hauling back and forth to work. I hike up and down a hill each day to and from work, taking my gym clothes, lunch, water, wet weather gear, etc.

If would recommend the Express for ruggedness and comfort as well as easy expansion. Kifaru also makes a rifle stowage system to go with it, though I've never used that (I'm an old fashioned sling kind of guy). The Khard is versatile because it's so easy to get access to anywhere in the pack from the top or sides, you name it. It also has far more internal stowage options, but I would only give it an edge over the Express if I was a medic and needed that compartmentalizations and easy access.

To give you more options consider, getting a non pack gun carrier that you can get from eberlestock, and securely mating it(attaching it) to a different ruck.

Also, the Kifaru product Dogtown speaks of above, is called the GunBearer. I haven't used it before, but it would be good if you did not want constant wraparound protection for your rifle, or if you needed to get to it quickly. The downside is that if you are carrying a 10 pounds plus of rifle, not including the odds and ends associated with a precision rifle, and all the pressure from the weight will go to your waistbelt, and might end up annoying the hell out of you after a bit of rucking. It would work for something smaller though, like a carbine, or service length rifle.

Well I really like my gunslinger two but a little too small. Considered getting one of the larger eberlestock pack with the gun compartment but just didn't know how that would ride have a gun between u and ur pack with a heavy load. Anyone have experience on that.