• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I popped my "full auto" cherry.......

G

.......and much like any first-timer, I didn't know what I was doing, it was over in a few seconds, but I still had a smile on my face and bragged to my friends.

Our dept. had an open range date, and none of the command staff bothered to show. So, we all decided to familiarize ourselves with our 2 surplus M16's. I know understand why most departments modify these back to semi only.

I can now see why the body count was what it was for North Hollywood..

Re: I popped my "full auto" cherry.......

yea, I wish I had a full auto to play with. I shot an MP5 at a local range a few years back and it was fun, but I could have burned up a paycheck in prolly 15 minutes of shooting.

Since you are from Illinois I can see why you would be exiced by this. You need to move. A shop south of me has one behind the counter for sale.

It is fun...
smile.gif

I got hooked up with a classIII dealer/manufacturer. I haven't shot a hog with an unsuppressed semi-auto in a year. Hogs respect full auto.

It's ridiculous isn't it??

On my wedding day in vegas the men all headed out to The Gun Shop out there that rents FA, while the ladies were getting all done up. Was a trip for sure! I could never own one for the cost of feeding it!!
smile.gif

I blasted an MP5 and a Thompson, was one of the best 3 minutes shooting in my life hahah

A few years back I "popped my cherry" with an MP-40, Dirty Dozen style! It was lots of fun but probably the most expensive five minutes in my life.

I guess you guys never were in the military!

If I ever decide to get a full-auto all I want is a two round burst in it.

What weapon in the military has 2 round burst. Mine had 3 round burst.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nock</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess you guys never were in the military!

If I ever decide to get a full-auto all I want is a two round burst in it. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Match308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What weapon in the military has 2 round burst. Mine had 3 round burst.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nock</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess you guys never were in the military!

If I ever decide to get a full-auto all I want is a two round burst in it. </div></div> </div></div>

I have no idea if the military has a weapon with a two round burst but I would like a two round burst one if I ever get a full-auto weapon.

Id say any full auto with 2 left in the magazine would be capable of a 2 round burst. Besides that, good luck with the hunt.

Full auto is fun... the first couple thousand or so rounds. Then you get ammo bill at the end of the month. I still don't know what is better, lighting off a 50BMG or doing a mag dump on a FA gun.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Full auto is fun... the first couple thousand or so rounds. Then you get ammo bill at the end of the month. I still don't know what is better, lighting off a 50BMG or doing a mag dump on a FA gun. </div></div>Both. M2 and having the Army pay for it.
grin.gif

I enlisted at age 16, went on delayed entry for 8 months.

In that time I rode a Huey down to Ft Lewis, fired up 12 rds on full auto- WHAT A RIOT!!!!

Congrats - learn to burst, you can control 2 and 3 rd bursts, it starts getting ineffective after 5 rds...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I enlisted at age 16, went on delayed entry for 8 months.

In that time I rode a Huey down to Ft Lewis, fired up 12 rds on full auto- WHAT A RIOT!!!!

Congrats - learn to burst, you can control 2 and 3 rd bursts, it starts getting ineffective after 5 rds... </div></div>

After the novelty wore off, we got back down to business. We set up 10 targets and our goal was to put a 3 round burst into each at 10 and 15 and then 2 round bursts at 25. I have no doubt that if there were a situation where the M16's and/or M14's were to be deployed out of the armory (department gun safe), I would opt for my M14.

A belt fed MG would still be pretty badass though.

All I can say is I have some very nice friends who let me play with their toys now and then
Vickers built by colt in 1918 for the french airforce converted to shoot 7.62x54r

German mg81z for luftwafe bombers each gun can fire around 1700rnds per minute combined it had a fire rae of 3400rnds a minute

Hk 53 I think I always get some of the hk stuff confused

Water cooled m2

KNOB CREEK save some cash and shoot shoot shoot till your hearts content , stuff u dont normally see.. MG42 PKM etc. its a blast

When I lived in IL. All my rifles were capable of Safe, Semi or single round burst

Nock, The 2 round burst feature is only available in the H&K weapon systems. There is three position burst pack capable of 0-1-2 rounds and a four position pack capable of 0-1-2-Full Auto.

ChrisDX3, the H&K in your video is the H&K 51, not the factory HK53, the magazine in it is for 7.62X51 not 5.56X45, which is the caliber of the HK53.

HTH

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fighthard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nock, The 2 round burst feature is only available in the H&K weapon systems. There is three position burst pack capable of 0-1-2 rounds and a four position pack capable of 0-1-2-Full Auto.

ChrisDX3, the H&K in your video is the H&K 51, not the factory HK53, the magazine in it is for 7.62X51 not 5.56X45, which is the caliber of the HK53.

HTH </div></div>

Thanks It was a few years ago I could not remember what model it was.

trust me full auto gets boring after a while.

More years ago that I care to mention I was fortunate enough to play with a Gustaf 9mm Sub...standard sub gun in Irish service back in the day....
kp_m45.jpg

my finest sub event was in firing a Thompson....nothing elso compares...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fighthard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nock, The 2 round burst feature is only available in the H&K weapon systems. There is three position burst pack capable of 0-1-2 rounds and a four position pack capable of 0-1-2-Full Auto.</div></div>

Perhaps in a transferable factory gun, HK may be the only option. I'm sure home gun smiths somewhere out there modified some Class IIIs to fire two-round bursts. If HK did it, so did someone else. The most obvious that immediately comes to me is the AN-94 Abakan, of the Russian Special Forces. Of course, that has only been in use since 1997, so no transferable rifles are in the US.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Whootsinator</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fighthard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nock, The 2 round burst feature is only available in the H&K weapon systems. There is three position burst pack capable of 0-1-2 rounds and a four position pack capable of 0-1-2-Full Auto.</div></div>

Perhaps in a transferable factory gun, HK may be the only option. I'm sure home gun smiths somewhere out there modified some Class IIIs to fire two-round bursts. If HK did it, so did someone else. The most obvious that immediately comes to me is the AN-94 Abakan, of the Russian Special Forces. Of course, that has only been in use since 1997, so no transferable rifles are in the US. </div></div>

There are technically no "transferable" factory H&K Machine Guns in the US that came with any version of a 2 round burst pack. A pre-68 transferable would have to be retrofitted with the 2 round pack, as the only trigger pack available was the SEF (0-1-Full) pack at that point in time.

The only way a "transferable" foreign manufactured MG's can exist is if it were brought into the United States and registered prior to and during the 1968 Amnesty.

All other "transferables" were made by Class II Manufacturers, or individuals and registered by the SOT holder or the individual (Form 1's) prior to May 1986.

All the burst packs came into being in the 1990's and later.

FWIW

I know H&K had three round burst and auto

the ruger ac556 also came with semi three round burst and auto
for some time

man wish we could still have semis and autos
.Dave