• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I trusted the local gunsmith for my pin and weld

While I agree with you, the judge overseeing your case is likely not. How do you think that will work out for you?

Guess it would be decided with one of those three boxes.

Funny, government schools teach more about critical race theory and obedience of everyone in authority, than jury nullification and the bill of rights and federalist papers.

Reactions: camocorvette
For a libertarian you are an unusually staunch advocate of unconstitutional laws.

You may be right. Unfortunately you can still spend the rest of your life in prison being right.

Sadly rules and laws need to be taken in their strictest interpretation, as read by your worst enemy.

You may be right. Unfortunately you can still spend the rest of your life in prison being right.

Sadly rules and laws need to be taken in their strictest interpretation, as read by your worst enemy.
I agree with your first paragraph.

Wholeheartedly disagree with your second paragraph.

Last edited:

"Anything more than minimum compliance is self regulation." - Matt Larosiere (Fudd Busters youtube channel)

"Spreading misinformation about what is and is not legal is how we wind up following laws that don't exist." - Matt Larosiere

Oh, he welded the pin through the bottom gas port so that's out of the question 😭. I don't shoot suppressed but yea.
HE WHAT?

Yeah, there's just shitty cosmetics, and then there is shitty, incompetent work. I'm only just starting the process of getting my ducks in a row to setup my own gunsmithing shop, and even with a tiny handful of practical experience on my own stuff I know better...
make whole or blast imo, and I'm ususally not the kind who suggests doing that to a business.

Sometimes you have to wonder how some people get to be called gunsmiths. I've seen some downright hack jobs from a few local smiths.
pin and welds are one of the few things I don't do myself , and last year I sent a rifle off to a local guy to be pinned and welded, and wen I get the rifle back he welded the comp on upside down lol.
it wasn't a mistake, he just somehow genuinely thought it went like that.
he made it right bu removing and re pinning the comp, and filling in and sanding down the old pin hole he drilled in the top

Serious question. In what hypothetical situation is an officer actually doing more than a visual inspection?
how are they testing it?
Do they carry a portable x ray machine or weld inspection tools?
Do they put it in a vise and try to crack it loose?
In Massachusetts if a rifle is confiscated or used in a shooting the rifle will be sent to a state police "lab" were they visually inspect to see if the muzzle device is permanently welded, and they will put it in a vise and see if they can remove it with a breaker bar.
isn't my state wonderful?

In Massachusetts if a rifle is confiscated or used in a shooting the rifle will be sent to a state police "lab" were they visually inspect to see if the muzzle device is permanently welded, and they will put it in a vise and see if they can remove it with a breaker bar.
There is a reason "Masshole" is an entry in the dictionary...

Reactions: Enbloc
Chances are that if your gun is going to a crime lab then there are a list of other charges before the unofficial pin and weld test results.

You all sound like a bunch of Sally’s,

If you want I’ll throw a load of hafejd30 juice on the threads….

While not legit,

She’ll hold for a little while
Get a load of this guy...

Chances are that if your gun is going to a crime lab then there are a list of other charges before the unofficial pin and weld test results.
My luck I'd have the pin with stress fractures from them fucking up manufacturing it.

My luck I'd have the pin with stress fractures from them fucking up manufacturing it.
I use a piece off the back of the drill bit I used to make the hole. How much force does it take to sheer a 3/32 bit? Who fucking knows but it is blind pin and welded per ATF regulations so.

a few years back when I was in law school, one case study we looked at was a man who died in MA while cleaning one of his firearms, he had a heart attack and keeled over dead. When the Fire/PD showed up, they find him dead in front of the open gun safe. Because in MA firearms have to be stored locked up, and the hubby was dead, the wife is the new owner of all the firearms. Because the safe was open and the firearms were unsecured, the wife of the deceased was charged with multiple counts of unlawful storage of a firearm, which in MA is punishable by up to a 20,000$ fine, as well as imprisonement for at least 4 years and up to 15 years