• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s I worry about my generation...

Brawny

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2011
Nevada
I went out to dinner tonight with my family, we decided to a small local restaurant that we hadn't been to in a few months. I decided to order a house salad, which came with onions, egg, tomatoes, and cucumbers, none of which I care for. I ordered by telling the waiter (who was about my age, 20) that I would have the salad with dressing and croutons only. I thought my order was simple enough, until the waiter set a bowl with only salad dressing and croutons in front of me... we all got a good laugh out of it, and I though some of you might too. From now on make sure to specify that you want lettuce in your salads!

Last edited:
Re: I worry about my generation...

I think the kid would make a good military man. He didn't question your order, no matter how ridiculous it seemed.
smile.gif

well, rocket scientist don't work in restaurants on the average i guess

I would have died laughing.

Maybe my friend has been there and confused him. He actually orders crutons and ranch as his salad.

Half of our generation thinks the sole purpose in life is to get drunk and party, and that everyone deserves a handout. Yes it would seem we need to worry about our generation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Half of our generation thinks the sole purpose in life is to get drunk and party, and that everyone deserves a handout. Yes it would seem we need to worry about our generation. </div></div>

I think "half" is an understatement.

Ya, I'm worried about this coming generation too... Most of them are afraid to eat onions, eggs, tomato's and cucumbers. What a bunch of pussies!!!
grin.gif

Seriously though our future is fucked...

My grandpa said the same thing about the long haired hippies. My dad complained about the heavy metal types. And I complained about the "thug", low pant wearing types. Those "thugs" are starting to pull their pants up and complain about the dudes wearing skinny jeans. We always forget how big of a dumdass we and our friends were.

Ordered a bacon cheese burger from McD's once... "I'll take a bacon cheese burger with only onions"... You guessed it, I got a bun, bacon, cheese and onions. No meat!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zwhetz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Half of our generation thinks the sole purpose in life is to get drunk and party, and that everyone deserves a handout. Yes it would seem we need to worry about our generation. </div></div>

I think "half" is an understatement. </div></div>

Judging by the students at my college, "half" needs to be changed to "all but a handful". I suppose that's what I get for idiotically choosing the number three party college in the country.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nachtadler</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zwhetz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Half of our generation thinks the sole purpose in life is to get drunk and party, and that everyone deserves a handout. Yes it would seem we need to worry about our generation. </div></div>

Judging by the students at my college, "half" needs to be changed to "all but a handful". I suppose that's what I get for idiotically choosing the number three party college in the country. </div></div>

Yup, I'd say its maybe 75/25 or 80/20. I'm more worried about the generation that was born after 2000. Every time I drive by my old elementary/middle/ and even high school, I see a bunch of parents dropping their kids off. It's like they are all worried that the bus isn't safe. It's turning the new generation into a bunch of sissies.

Give me a can of cold C-rations, chicken and noodles, and I'm good for another 2 days.

I just don't know what to say.

Put 'em on the ground, wet, cold, hungry for 7 days and see how they come out.

OK, boy, it's you or them.

Oh, and make sure that when the projectile hits, it's not a paint ball, but some serious hot copper clad lead.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MN sharpshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Most of them are afraid to eat onions, eggs, tomato's and cucumbers. What a bunch of pussies!!!
grin.gif

</div></div>

Most? I though I was the only one! That makes me feel less wierd.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nachtadler</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zwhetz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Half of our generation thinks the sole purpose in life is to get drunk and party, and that everyone deserves a handout. Yes it would seem we need to worry about our generation. </div></div>

Judging by the students at my college, "half" needs to be changed to "all but a handful". I suppose that's what I get for idiotically choosing the number three party college in the country.</div></div>

Yeah i was being a little modest people are retarded... especially college students.

If he would have put a piece of paper in the bowl that said "pwned" that would have made it perfect.
laugh.gif

My comeback woulda been, "...and I see a penny in your future...".

On the way to the range one afternoon I stopped at the burger king and ordered a double whopper with bacon and cheese. Grabbed my bag and high tailed it to the range. Guess what my whopper looked like. Stupid me I thought a whopper came automatically with lettuce tomato and onion, mayo, ketsup anything else was extra.

McD's story now. Before a double filet o fish was normal fare I ordered a double FOF. Kid said through the mic,"Sir we don't have a double FOF, we can sell you a FOF with an extra piece of fish on it." I told the kid to do whatever he had to do, call the corporate office if you have to.
DON"T EVEN give them a 10 spot and 2 pennies if your bill is $6.92

Hey Zwhetz,

I'm pretty sure he was fucking with you if that wasn't already clear. I bartend on the weekends and a lot of our servers do this to people who basically order things that are not on the menu. We do it behind the bar on a busy night too. If you come in and were slammed and you order a round of four mojitos and everyone else is drinking beer/shots and lots of it were going to give you four glasses of water until you get the message.

But then again... judging by some of the youths that come in sometimes, you may be right. I once had a girl ask me if there was alcohol in a whiskey sour. She was completely serious...

I see the same in health care, complete lack of common sence!

Well if it was that they were just fucking with me, they were still stupid. The waiter got no tip and I got a free meal, as well as a good laugh. It's not like I had a complicated order, just a salad without most of the extras.

I don't quite understand what's so typical. Care to elaborate?

The fact that you wanted a salad with out any of the nutrients, means you are retarded; iceberg lettuce = water with a little fiber, dressing = empty calories, croutons = empty calories. You are typical SoCal sububanite, empty just like your choices.

Oh ok, didn't know I was retarded. Guess I should have taken the short bus to school. It was an all to rare meal at a restaurant, just wanted to treat myself a bit. Seems like a pretty hateful post, I'm sorry you were so offended by what kind of salad I eat.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Greg Langelius *</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My comeback woulda been, "...and I see a penny in your future...". </div></div>

And his comeback might be "Enjoy the special sauce sir"

My Son ordered a plain dry Hamburger once. He told the waitress he didn't want anything on it. The Cook sent out a cooked Hamburger patty.

Most retarded people don't know they are retarded, as knowledge/logic is what they generally lack. You wanted to 'treat yourself' with lettuce, dressing, and croutons? LOL. I am not hating at all, instead think of it as constructive criticism, and I would never be offended by what anyone ate, you are free to join fear factor and eat as much animal genitalia as you wish.

rat hair tortilla chips with blood maggot salsa isn't my idea of a good meal, so I think fear factor is out. I don't often eat salad, so yes for me it was a treat, since I normally eat top ramen and other cheap, not so tasty food. It sucks being on a tight budget, but it's hard to find a good paying full-time job since i'm retarded and all.

You eat top ramen because you don't have a 'good paying full time job', but you are going on a sheep hunt soon, and looking to have it mounted. Wow, retarded was an understatement.

Notice, I said the hunt is free... and yes, I eat cheap so the little extra money I do have I can spend on things I enjoy. I like the fact that you keep reminding me that I'm retarded, I started doubting that I was for a while there. What asshole comment are you going to make now I wonder? I find the shit that spews out of your mouth very interesting... and also slightly pathetic.