• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s I would like to give this guy a hand...

krink85

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2008
Sierra Vista AZ
hand2.jpg

hand22.jpg

WHILE MOUNTING THE M2 MACHINE GUN ONTO THE TURRET SYSTEM OF HIS MATV DURING PRE-COMBAT CHECKS, THIS SOLDIER EXPERIENCED DIFFICULTY INSERTING THE LOCKING PIN ON THE MOD 93 MACHINE GUN MOUNT. THE SOLDIER THEN ATTEMPTED TO FORCE THE LOCKING PIN INTO PLACE WITH A ROCK. AFTER THIS FAILED, HE THEN SECURED A LOOSE .50 CAL ROUND, USING IT TO HAMMER AT THE LOCKING PIN, ATTEMPTING TO FORCE THE LOCKING PIN INTO PLACE. AFTER SEVERAL HITS WITH THE .50 CAL ROUND, THE PRIMER ACTIVATED, SETTING THE ROUND OFF IN THE SOLDIER’S HAND. THE INJURIES SUFFERED TO HIS RIGHT HAND, MIDDLE, RING AND PINKIE FINGERS ON HIS RIGHT HAND ARE SHOWN BELOW TO THE RIGHT.

Sorry about the caps it was copyed and pasted from an email.

Re: I would like to give this guy a hand...

Take him out of the gene pool right now. Sucks about his hand but what ever made someone think it was ok to use a live round as a hammer!? Stupid is as Stupid does...

I'm glad he got hurt before he went out on patrol and got people killed. Everyone makes mistakes, but I'd never want a dude who would wilfully choose a .50BMG round as a hammer covering my six. Wow, I'm definitely passing this pic around the office.

wow..... at least is just cost him his hand and not someone else life....

He shouldn't even get medboarded. Dumbass, I was .50 gunner for a tour and it requires quick wit especially being the lead/trail vic controlling traffic. Where's his gerber at? I know you have at least 5 of coming from RFI into Iraq.

$10 to the first guy that can prove this is true.

I doubt very seriously that this is a true account for the pictures.....these type of emails go around & change stories overtime.....I seriously doubt that a serviceman trained on that weapon system would be stupid enough to use a .50 live round as a hammer......but I could be wrong....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mgd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I doubt very seriously that this is a true account for the pictures.....these type of emails go around & change stories overtime.....I seriously doubt that a serviceman trained on that weapon system would be stupid enough to use a .50 live round as a hammer......but I could be wrong.... </div></div>

I don't know, man. Some of the dudes I graduated infantry school with were pretty dense. I wouldn't put this shenanigan past a couple of them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZLBubba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't know, man. Some of the dudes I graduated infantry school with were pretty dense. I wouldn't put this shenanigan past a couple of them. </div></div>
It's not just us 11B's, we generally have a higher GT score than most. I'd point at the 88Ms or some other pog MOS to do something like this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZLBubba</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mgd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I doubt very seriously that this is a true account for the pictures.....these type of emails go around & change stories overtime.....I seriously doubt that a serviceman trained on that weapon system would be stupid enough to use a .50 live round as a hammer......but I could be wrong.... </div></div>

I don't know, man. Some of the dudes I graduated infantry school with were pretty dense. I wouldn't put this shenanigan past a couple of them. </div></div>

Big +1. We had some dumb ass PV2 ask our instructor if he could fire 9mm rounds from an AT4 if the AT4 ran out of ammo (we were using those training AT4's before live fire). If you don't know what's wrong with that question... well figure it out. lol.

I can tell you for sure this is true. It was somewhat an official message saying the dangers of using rounds as hammers. I will screen shoot the email tomorrow. I usually let the forwards and stupid email die in my email and send out the official or real ones.

BTW I will want my $10 paid in full in nickels
grin.gif

I got the same email today. Our boss wants us to show it during each class we teach during the weapon and ammo safety. Coincidentaly 2 weeks ago we were firing the M2 and a kid picked up a round that got ejected to throw it and it blew up right after he threw it.

well, that was certainly stupid of him.

Guess they will just give anyone a .50 these days.

Wonder if he cooks bacon naked as well?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 500grains</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like the bleeding stopped. </div></div>

haha... they probably put the tourniquet aeound his neck...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: krink85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
BTW I will want my $10 paid in full in nickels
grin.gif
</div></div>

Nickels it is. Shoot me an address.

Damn......well, I stand corrected!! What a moron....

I have a little sympathy for our brother in arms who blew up is hand.
But only a little.

For the rest of his life he is a DAV and will suck off the government tit because of his stupidity. I respect that he put his life on the line and did his duty. But to be so stupid to blow up his hand..........

Some vets give other vets a bad name and I see guys like this all too often.

Its something with the younger generation that brings this on. I have a nephew who is like 22 now. when he was 19/20 he put a 30-06 round in a vice and hit the primer with a welders hammer. got him pretty good.

Probably one of those kids that didn't grow up with much of a roll model or common sense and had to learn everything the hard way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kilo7788</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Same one you got? </div></div>

mmmm not so much.. i dont feel the need to hammer in locking pins with live ammo.. but you keep aiming high there brother..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kingrabbit</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kilo7788</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Same one you got? </div></div>

mmmm not so much.. i dont feel the need to hammer in locking pins with live ammo.. but you keep aiming high there brother.. </div></div>
I was trying to see if that was the same message that krink got.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mgd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I doubt very seriously that this is a true account for the pictures.....these type of emails go around & change stories overtime.....I seriously doubt that a serviceman trained on that weapon system would be stupid enough to use a .50 live round as a hammer......but I could be wrong.... </div></div>

MGD, do not underestimate the Power of Stupid. I am sorry the man lost his hand, but sheesh!, what was he thinking.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kilo7788</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kingrabbit</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kilo7788</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Same one you got? </div></div>

mmmm not so much.. i dont feel the need to hammer in locking pins with live ammo.. but you keep aiming high there brother.. </div></div>
I was trying to see if that was the same message that krink got. </div></div>

you sir have my apoligies..

Really? I thought everything on the internet was true!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rero360</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hope he spanks it left handed. </div></div>

why? bet it'd feel nice as is

That guy is really having a bad day. Should have thought it through first!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rero360</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hope he spanks it left handed. </div></div>
he could benefit from a modified bsa scope turned field expedient jayjay as described in an earlier thread, perhaps as a prosthetic. just sayin.