• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Idaho Archery bull down!

HellsCanyonArmory

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2010
Idaho
www.facebook.com
While I hunt with a rifle and shoot quite a bit, archery hunting elk is something I just can't get away from! Was able to get this bull down Sat evening! I only had the last 4 days of the season to hunt this year and managed to get my first archery elk... Very blessed and feel very fortunate as this was a solo hunt as well! Enjoy the pics...

IMG_0429_zpsa6615558.jpg

IMG_0433_zps05158284.jpg

IMG_0435_zps8836f436.jpg

IMG_0438_zps8e674494.jpg

IMG_0440_zpsf7859c59.jpg

IMG_0441_zps446325eb.jpg

IMG_0444_zpse0366d74.jpg

IMG_0451_zpsa7989541.jpg

IMG_0453_zps7db67c66.jpg

H454_zpsed8efa2a.jpg

Wish I could've gotten better field photo's, but when you're solo and its dark and you're on a hillside with a 900 lb animal, it's not a huge priority!
wink.gif
Hope you enjoyed the pics!

Mike

Re: Idaho Archery bull down!

Thanks Cinch! Can't wait to get him on the wall... heading out shortly to see if I can't get a rough score on him. I have guessed him at anywhere from 305-315" but don't really care at this point!
wink.gif

Mike

Congratulations!

Beautiful, archery hunting for big game is on my ticket this year and I'm looking forward to it. Hope to be successful on anything with hooves this year.

Congrats again.

Well score came out "unofficially" at 296 6/8" gross. Only 1 3/4" deductions overall between sides. Not bad for a first archery bull and he's P&Y all day long. Was hoping for 300"+ but I just couldn't stretch the tape that far!
wink.gif

Mike

Congrats on a heck of a bull!

Very nice bull you got there. I think it is quite an achievement to pack out an animal of that size by yourself. Congratulations on a successful hunt.

Any Bull with a Bow is nice. The quality of your Bull and doing on your own = AWESOME! Great job.

Thanks guys... been chasing these sucker's for 3 years up there before I finally connected! Always on bulls and it seems every year I have a few within 20 yards of me just never can get the angles to line up for archery equipment!

I was very fortunate as this guy died pretty close to a nice two track road for me to pack him out to then retrieve him with a dirt bike. I would almost feel bad about it but I'd been gaining and losing elevation hiking each day at an average of 3000'! So when he piled up next to the road, I was STOKED!

Now its time to muleys... tag opens on Oct 10 and the .280 Ackley is ready to roll!
smile.gif

Mike

Mike

Nice job. That looks like a Riggins bull.

Any word on the Thunderbeast?

Rory

Thanks Rory! Actually its from the panhandle zone! Pretty close to the MT/ID line...

Still waiting on serial numbers from TBAC! You got the first one on the list though! Will keep you updated...

Mike

Thanks. No hurry.

I just got an approved form 1.
grin.gif

Looks like you did a great job on the meat. It's tough this time of year.

Yeah thats the good thing about killing in the evening! Had a pretty cool night to get him cut up and cooled off. Had him in a meat cooler across the street by 7 PM last night so he'll chill out in there till wed or thur!

I'll keep you updated on the Suppressor!

Mike

Congrats and well done HCA, that thing is awesome!

Your lucky Al wasn't with ya, he would of scare it away. Congrats

I bet he would have liked Al to be there when he was packing it out.
grin.gif

That son of a gun can travel.

Rory

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C.K</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your lucky Al wasn't with ya, he would of scare it away. Congrats </div></div>

Either that or shot it out from under me! Ha jk thanks man!

Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wireman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">still not as good as the wolf story </div></div>

Nothing is as good as that story!
wink.gif

Mike

Awesome job man. I saw that mini bike in the back of the truck and thought what a genius idea that is. Load up the back pack and scoot back and forth, much easier for sure huh?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: usngoat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome job man. I saw that mini bike in the back of the truck and thought what a genius idea that is. Load up the back pack and scoot back and forth, much easier for sure huh? </div></div>

I was grateful for the bike thats for sure! However it is an absolute pain to try and ride with 100 lbs on your back. While it saved me a few hours of packing, I would've gladly packed the bull out on foot if it only would've taken me 30 minutes more!
The bike was pretty handy for getting around the roads though instead of firing up the pickup everytime you had to try a new area...

Thanks guys! I keep replaying that sight picture and arrow flight in my mind... awesome!
wink.gif

Mike

great looking bull. a bull with a bow looks like the biggest adrenaline rush this side of dangerous game.

public land?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattlewis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">great looking bull. a bull with a bow looks like the biggest adrenaline rush this side of dangerous game.

public land? </div></div>

Thank you! and yes public land over the counter tag!
wink.gif

Yeah I've had bulls screaming their heads off less than 20 yards away from me, with a bow in hand and almost every time it feels like your chest is going to explode from your heart pounding!

Mike

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ManBearPig</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Excellent bull, pics and story. How did your Kifaru work out hauling meat? </div></div>

Loved the pack! The combination of a sub 6 lb pack being able to haul triple digit loads is awesome! Most comfortable and versatile pack I've ever used. Of course it better be for what I paid for it!
wink.gif

Mike

always wondered how yall boys got those monsters out of the woods after shooting them.

Wow, nice work Mike.

I got a pretty solid Mulie in september. My bro got the shot on film. I might try and post the Youtube of it shortly. I'm still working for a lunker Blacktail here on Vancouver Island though.

That Elk is pretty insane. Congrats.