• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Ideas to keep people off my property

My Father in law put in rose bushes, along his perimeter, Only too a couple of years to make an impenetrable barrier. He spaced them about 10 feet apart, and used the caning type, so he was able to rain the canes to reach each other. After they took hold, he never messed with them.

Reactions: jpickens
Get a couple Dogo Argentino’s, chances are one or both will solve problem.
Big game hunters that are super agile and strong. Just the looks alone probably solve the problem, plus there thunderous bark screams Man eater !

Dogo. My favorite. Have several books about them. #1 on my list.
Beautiful white, fearless and very protective dog. 26" at the withers. Going rate currently $3k + for reputable pup

E

ETA: correct spelling

If you’re talking about your neighbors, the best idea would be to talk to them. You might be surprised how understanding people are. But, if you’re talking about strangers, who just don’t care, you could put a sign that clearly states your intentions. I know it can be frustrating, but just be patient with them. People will eventually understand you. If you’re looking for a nice outdoor sign, you could check out this online shop https://baliandboo.com/collections/house-signs that sells exactly this kind of stuff. They have a very contemporary and modern vibe, and overall look very minimalistic, so you might like this style.

Last edited:
41jirkRjn7L._AC_.jpg

I still think that if you don't go with the advice from post #2 (tannerite wrapped in nails), you're a frigging wuss, change my mind.

So you accidentally porcupine a few Jehovahs Witnesses...its all part of the fun.

The mischief stopped when one of my party noisemakers went off
I guess maybe they figured the next time it would be more than noise? (and they were correct)

all was quiet all through covid lockdown times, so either someone's mom stopped letting them go out at night or they died or they moved on. I still think it was one of my daughters old boyfriends, maybe he finally came out of the closet and got over her.

I am moving, so that should be pretty obvious when all the cars parked at the house change, hopefully its done

:D you guys do not disappoint

Thanks for all the great ideas.

Dogs, not happening, I have one dog already, she barks at all the wrong times, so far she has not barked at whomever is vandalizing my property, but the UPS guy and neighbors all get barked at non-stop, but I do not want any more dogs

I have tried motion lights and driveway alarms, the problem is neighborhood cats (I hear Foul Mike now, !@^#%#%$^% CATS!) set them off and wake me up at all hours of the night, every fucking damn night, so those didn't last long, took them down

Trip wires can be placed in perfect places that only humans will trip (not cats)

TACC - I do have a mouse problem (down the cliff) that is why the fucking cats are always here, so mousetraps sound like a great plan ;)

Game Cam is a strong possibility, thanks boilerUP - will check out StealthCam G45NG, I need very clear nightime images from 25 feet away

clcustom1911 - Self defense plants! Awesome! That will be a good spring planting if this shit does not stop.

2aBaCa - paintball mine under consideration

OldSalty - I am ok with horns, will look into trip wiring something like that, I need the noise to wake me up and I can sleep through a lot.

I am concerned a little about whomever this is suing me if they get hurt, this is why I ordered the 12 gauge pepper spray setup, I figured that isn't going to harm anyone permanently. Just like the 209 shot shell primers didn't hurt anyone. All of anything I do will be placed INSIDE my 6 foot tall fence.
If this intruder is getting past a fence you should check local laws . In some jurisdictions IIRC climbing a fence marked no trespassing is breaking and entering . Check it out .
So the serious legal approach ;
Document everything .
Take before and after pictures
Trailcams for photo evidence
Police reports
Document any harassing phone calls to daughter .
Speak with CCW issuing agency and express your concerns . Have it documented . When you file police reports do the same . Paint the picture that you fear for the safety of you family .
No trespassing signs .
Find out or better if legal in your AO get a copy of this guys criminal record . You will be able to testify that ; you knew , you feared and it will be admissable in court . If you do not have document his Defense or a Prosecutor can argue hear say , prejudicial and you cant prove you knew at the time ie inadmissable .
You have to become Bob fuckin Ross and paint the picture for the Criminal Justice system .
Don't lie . Not questioning your character and one lie can trash your whole case .
Go to a therapist . I am in fear for my family's safety . It will help in your defense should asshole chose to do something that leaves you with no choice to Defend yourself or your Family. Therapist can testify .

If all this seems like a lot think about being a fuckin greeter at Walmart , takin the fuckin bus , no more firearms and living in rent assisted shitholes because you were convicted and family of shit bag sued you for every fuckin thing you had .
Good luck . You and your family are in my prayers

Last edited:
You can consider Unattended Ground Sensors. These sensors are used by US Customs on the southern border to detect seismic, magnetic, passive infrared and acoustic. I am the seller and can give great deals to Hide members.

The UGS runs on BB-2590 batteries and is meant to be buried with the batteries lasting up to 2 years before needing to be recharged. Detections are transmitted via a 900Mhz radio signal to the base station that is connected to a laptop.

s-l1600 (20).jpeg

The mischief stopped when one of my party noisemakers went off
I guess maybe they figured the next time it would be more than noise? (and they were correct)

all was quiet all through covid lockdown times, so either someone's mom stopped letting them go out at night or they died or they moved on. I still think it was one of my daughters old boyfriends, maybe he finally came out of the closet and got over her.

I am moving, so that should be pretty obvious when all the cars parked at the house change, hopefully its done
Just another covid death....ummmhmmm. :-D

Forward him this thread! He'll have no idea which one of these you've picked. Although I do second the doggies. I have 2 Presa Canario, they don't miss anything and flip that switch so fast. Would recommend!

Criminals are normally lazy. All you have to do is start working on your fence. Make sure that you fix all but a couple sections into a good, hard to cross fence. Then put the cameras where you have channelized him into. Put them high and mask them with paint and some dead branches. People don’t normally look up. Then you have your pics and do what you will from there.

From reading your fantasy post I think you should give up watching cop shows,seriously.

You really don't understand the gravity of the situation YOU PUT YOURSELF IN.

Short non-fiction story of how it really works.

I have a friend who happens to be a pillar of society.
He has a 10 acre yard, out buildings the whole dream house.
Back in the late 80's before consumer electronics were abundant,some crack heads kept breaking in and stealing shit.

Nothing major, but the problem was they caused $5K-$10K worth of damage every time they broke in.
After being broken into a couple of times he decided to try catching them.

His property was clearly posted, he had filed numerous B&E reports and had genuine concerns because of all of the NFA stuff he has.

So, he caught these fuckheads coming OUT OF HIS SHOP.
He drew down on them with a 30-30, after he shot 2 of their tires off their car.
It's dark and these 3 black guys take off into the cornfields.

I wanted to turn my German Shepherd's loose

At the time I had two dog's that were great at working together, I spent countless hours a day working and training these two.

My buddy said "NO Let It Go", words that to this day he has regretted.
The following morning my buddies place was swarming with police, I seriously thought these dumb fucks came back and he killed them.
NOPE
The 3 assholes had the balls to go to the sheriffs office and report the shooting.
My buddy got locked up hard, he was looking at half a dozen 1st degree felonies and losing about half a million in NFA stuff.
( Back in the 80's $500,000 was a lot of stuff ).

I posted the 10% of his million dollar bond, he took another 20K and threw it out the window on attorney fees.
So I guess what I am trying to say is you are either lucky of really full of shit, I think you're full of shit.

BTW, if you walk up on someone with a shotgun and start breaking shit be prepared to someone responding in kind.

@Ravenworks is exactly right and that is exactly how it works. The police are all too happy to arrest the victim if you do ANYTHING other than call them. They don't want you protecting yourself against criminals. If everyone took care of things themselves, cops would be out of a job, and they know it.

They will arrest you, charge you, and it doesn't matter how much evidence you have that you are innocent. Most often, they won't even look at it. They won't even question you to get your side of the story. They'll attempt to destroy you and cost you as much money as possible. ESPECIALLY if you were the victim being targeted by criminals. It will cost you tens of thousands of dollars, and that's best case scenario if you have video evidence of your innocence and the criminal was lying, and is caught red handed. ...and no, after they fail prosecuting you, no, they won't prosecute the actual criminal.

That was the experience that taught me the boys in blue are just another gang. Cop - Tell it to the judge. Judge - Tell it to the jury. Jury - Well the cop wouldn't have arrested him if he wasn't doing "something" wrong. You are guilty until proven innocent, and proving your innocence will cost you dearly, if you can accomplish it at all. That is the reality, and you better realize it now before you learn the hard way.

This is the primary mechanism that has allowed things to go completely wrong in this country. There's no up-side to fighting for what is right anymore. Possibly never has been. You might be able to stand on moral righteousness, but it will cost your family everything. That's the moral of the modern "justice" system.

Guess we know where this dip shit has been wanderin around...

I'm not sure what game cameras you have seen with shitty image quality, but the run of the mill ones these days are like 20 megapixels or something. Great quality for day, good for night. You'll be able to ID @Hobo Hilton from 100 yards.

If he is always armed, I would be reluctant to use dogs. While I like dogs, and am not the least bit bothered by a Cane Corso, Dogo Argentino, Tibetan Mastiff, Presa Canario, Dobermans, Rotweillers etc chewing on trespassers, I wouldn't want a good dog to get shot by the jerk trespasser. As much as guarding is what those dogs enjoy doing, I wouldn't one to be injured or killed by a pissed off idiot. I like dogs more than idiot trespassers.

Plus when some of those dogs can cost $2000 each, getting 3-4 or them is a large investment and having one killed or shot could be very costly.

I would seek other methods such as investing in something like night time capable video security I could take to the police and then seek stalking charges against the trespassers.

For what it's worth, Ryobi used to make a pretty good motion activated light with an obnoxious alarm for around $40. Worked great for my chicken coop for coyotes and other predators.

Most people are going to do a quick 180 and bolt when they set off a spotlight and an ear piercing alarm. Unless you're either Walter White or John Wick I'd skip the anarchists cookbook solutions. Booby traps are not a good luck.

This thread is entertaining as hell and there are some creative minds here. Just know that the average height of American males is about 5”10” which would place the eyeball at roughly 5’5”. Treble hooks hanging at about that height is hell on recon.

In all seriousness, most of this advice will get your ass sued or hurt. Cameras , fences, lights, and dogs are great simple solutions as a deterrent. In your situation, I would work on trying to identify the actual individual rather than causing harm or potentially using something that could malfunction or cause an accident.

Remember, you’re only paranoid if they’re not watching you.

Signs can be confusing.

I was on a German AFB Jever in northern Germany.
Walking along I encountered a security guard with his uzi and alsatian both pointed at me.

He pointed at the sign in the grass it said VERBOTEN.

I touched the grass with my toe and said VERBOTEN and then touched the sidewalk and said nix verboten.

He laughed so hard he dropped the leash on the dog. I froze, hands up.

Reactions: Straw Hat
Lots of replies... It's been a year now, I'm curious as to how thing have gone...

By the way...

I figured if he got hurt, pepper sprayed and regularly ran into troubles prowling around, he would get discouraged and stop

Nope. Assholes don't normally get discouraged so easily. Bobbie traps work in a military setting because they can be deadly, but if you only "hurt" or humiliated him, the most likely outcome is he quickly escalates to the next level of vengeance with some real violence. He'll need to be hurt REAL BAD, something that would just land the OP in hot water, caught and prosecuted, or just get bored, and move on of his own volition.

stefan73
I think covid killed whomever was doing it, since covid became a thing, I have not had one single issue. Been over a year now.
and no I am moving for other reasons. In today's world you can't move away and not be found. Its impossible to stay hidden.

As for boyfriends, yeah fuck them all, my daughter has had more than one that just can't take no for an answer and go away

Defensive foliage. Goathead. My Agave plant is about 7'-8' tall, and is sprouting smaller plants at its base, to be replanted.

Another strategy is light. The solar powered, automatic on/off lamps work best at deterring intruders. Spend the money, get a bunch.

Anything that exposes or delays an intruder can have the effect of teaching them that other locations are less of a hassle than your place.

(ETA: Ocotillo note: in AZ Ocotillo is a protected plant, and must bear a state authorized tag indicating that it came from an approved source, and was not simply dug up from out in the wild.)

Greg

Last edited:
I know this is all resolved now, but when you suspected the old boyfriend, did you ever consider putting a GPS tracker on his car?

Put up signs indicating it's a geriatric memory care/nudist colony.

I know this is all resolved now, but when you suspected the old boyfriend, did you ever consider putting a GPS tracker on his car?

Is that even legal to do?

I think he needed one up his ass not on his car. but no, I would not mess with his house or his car, as I said earlier I know for a fact he is armed all the time (and yes he is armed legally) and I am not giving him any reasons to shoot me

Not sure if you have read Machiavelli ever but one of his famous quotes is.....

“People should either be caressed or crushed. If you do them minor damage they will get their revenge; but if you cripple them there is nothing they can do. If you need to injure someone, do it in such a way that you do not have to fear their vengeance.”
― Niccolo Machiavelli

Is that even legal to do?

I think he needed one up his ass not on his car. but no, I would not mess with his house or his car, as I said earlier I know for a fact he is armed all the time (and yes he is armed legally) and I am not giving him any reasons to shoot me
I don’t know if it is legal or not, but doubt I would have tried it either given the circumstances. Sure would have been nice though to know when he was headed your way.

I'm glad that things have gotten better for you and your family.

I, unfortunately live in a big city. But I do what I can to keep people out of my place. I do feel like my signs convey my message clearly...
20200919_174225~2.jpg

though I truly hope no one tests my theory..

Friends and family walking in and out and in backyard BBQ open carry and dragging tactical type firearms in and out.

They don't come around.