• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Identifying Colt AR

whiskey00buck

Private
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2013
I picked up an AR tonight for a very decent price. It's a Colt Competition AR15 with a ~4.5 lbs match trigger and a muzzle brake. I've checked various websites to try to figure out the actual model, but haven't had much luck.

Serial number is Colt CCR00xxxx

Anybody have any clue as to the model and year of production???

qXjeSCi.jpg

I've never seen a Colt with a MOE stock and a Hogue grip, in fact I've never seen a Colt with anything other than a Colt or a Moe pistol grip.

That doesn't look like any of the models in their catalog. Looks like you bought a CCR that parts where changed out by the original owner. Here is CCR's number you could call and talk to them. 855-308-colt.

I love the hide. Everybody is always so willing to help.

Ended up calling Colt Competition today and after a quick phone call and a string of emails with pictures, i figured out that it is a distributors variation on one of their main lines.

It's essentially a CRX 14.5 Marksman designed and built a few years back.

According to the spec sheet they emailed me...

Milspec Upper*
Milspec Lower
1:9 Twist 14.5" Match grade barrel + 3 port muzzle brake makes it 16.6" total*
Match grade trigger*Sub MOA guaranteed from the factory*

Not bad!

Thanks again for your help

Good to hear you found out the info you needed. Let us know how it shoots.