• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

If you could only own 1 gun for the rest of your life, what would it be?

I already have it.

da3t6z0-a5389ab0-77f0-40e1-b550-9f377af98a45.jpg

Rem700 or Win70 in 308 Win.

Reasons: Ubiquity, familiarity, history, longevity, utility.

It would be my LWRCI REPR Elite in 6.5 Creedmoor ... it's a friggin' nail-driver out to (and through) 1,000 yards. I'd put it's accuracy and consistency to 1,000 yards up against any precision bolt action rifle out there. The Proof Research barrel is amazing. The piston gas system keeps everything super-clean and sliding nicely. (We should all hope to say that about ourselves ... eh?)

LWRCI REPR Elite 65 Creedmoor.JPG

Reactions: Wyzrd
My AI AT (.308) since this would cover my minimum shooting requirements, don't forget that here in the UK we are restricted to what we can have.

I’m torn between a Bighorn TL3 w/ .223, .224, .308, and Mag Boltheads accompanied by Lots and Lots of barrels.....?

Or of course my MK12 Mod 0 set up for both .223 and .224 Valk...

Reactions: Jsp556
5.56 LMT MRP with a few spare barrels, a spare e-bolt, and a can. 2.5-10x32 NXS with Magpul pro offsets. Lots of mk262 and Colt 20rd mags.

Unfortunately if this question is the case this is what we all need because we will be heading to free the rest of them!!

Regards,
DT

That's what guided my choice. IF I could only have one, we're heading down a dark path and if I'm going into a gun fight I don't want a pistol or a bolt action.

Reactions: HogsLife
AR15 in 6.5 grendel with a 16” barrel and a can. Seems like that would be a good all purpose, hunting, qcb, long range gun. Doesn’t do any of them really well, but doesn’t do poorly in any category either.

That question is like: if you were allowed to keep only one of your children which one would you keep? No such thing as the egg laying, silk, ham, and bacon producing, woolly milk cow!

Rem 700 in 6.5 creedmoor. With a quick detach bipod... that’s made out of Glock 19s

That's a loaded question. Is this a type of shtf or just a caliber preference? Does this include ammo availability or barrel replacements?
It would either be a 22lr or 22-250 with a can. I love the 22lr because it is quiet and can take just about anything on the planet if used correctly. I love the 22-250 because it shoots laser flat and packs a punch. I suppose one could have a 22lr insert for the 22-250.....if that was the case i'd pick the 22-250.

.44 mag 5” stainless S&W

I can carry it. And it will kill anything in the lower 48.

or an A-10 Warthog.

You didn't strike me as a revolver guy... That's more class than I had you pegged for ?

• Haha
Reactions: Bender
You didn't strike me as a revolver guy... That's more class than I had you pegged for ?

There is a lot people don’t know about me. Lol.

I like all guns. But my soft spot is wheel guns. Unfortunately or fortunately however you look at it, I have a wife with three young kids at home that eat up all of my money. Or else I would have tons of wheel guns. I am partial to old Colts and Pinned S&Ws but I even enjoy cheap Taurus wheelies or lust after a Korth.

I also love anything with a motor and interesting. I have a Subaru WRX turbo project car, have had countless motorcycles, know my way around an airplane, dabbled in B&W photography, have a nice boat. Love fishing. Hate country music and have a hot wife. Lmaoooooo

My M14E2 clone. M14 might not be the best or most versatile rifle out there but it's my favorite and mine means one helluva lot to me.

Scar 20S (for a rifle).
long range accuracy, rapid fire capability, military reliability, ammo availability, life expectancy, and imho, easy to shoot quick follow up shots using a Surefife – MB762SSAL/RE muzzle brake.

9xU4l75.jpg

nice butt.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aftermath

I like all guns. But my soft spot is wheel guns. Unfortunately or fortunately however you look at it, I have a wife with three young kids at home that eat up all of my money. Or else I would have tons of wheel guns. I am partial to old Colts and Pinned S&Ws but I even enjoy cheap Taurus wheelies or lust after a Korth.

I also love anything with a motor and interesting. I have a Subaru WRX turbo project car, have had countless motorcycles, know my way around an airplane, dabbled in B&W photography, have a nice boat. Love fishing. Hate country music and have a hot wife. Lmaoooooo

So no yeet cannon.....

Hell no but would love to, was mainly just goofing around.
The biggest munitions I have had a chance to send down range was a 120mm smooth bore sabot rounds.

a tanker eh.... well let me tell you first hand the mk 19 is a huge pita....if you can get it to run and not jam every 20 rounds its amazing....I will say the mk 19 separates the men from the boys too when it comes to racking the first round into battery always fun to watch a female try to charge it...never seen one be able to do it

Reactions: XLR308
a tanker eh.... well let me tell you first hand the mk 19 is a huge pita....if you can get it to run and not jam every 20 rounds its amazing....I will say the mk 19 separates the men from the boys too when it comes to racking the first round into battery always fun to watch a female try to charge it...never seen one be able to do it

And if you ever did see a female actually charge one don't let her get her mitts on you business ???

• Haha
Reactions: Huskydriver
Beretta A400 in 12 ga

As much as I love rifles, I can’t (legally) shoot ducks with one. I can always take down just about any game animal in the lower 48 with my bow.

If you could only own 1 gun for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Mine would be a Remington 700 chambered in 300 win mag. Wood stock. Quality sling. Badger rings and light weight hunting scope capable of dialing up enough to get me to 1k.
I used to think it was my LWRCI REPR MarkII Elite in 6.5 Creedmoor ... a total tack-driver. But now I have procured a Barrett MRAD that arrives next week with barrel kits in 300 Win Mag and 338 Lapua. I'm thinking the LWRCI might get some competition for "BFF" ... we shall see (soon). Might also have to get the 6.5 Creedmoor barrel conversion kit for a proper comparison to decide on my "Rest of Life" gun.

If the MRAD displays the accuracy and multi-caliber versatility that it markets (with scores of references) ... I might just settle on that and sell a few other rifles to focus my long range shooting on that exclusive platform. Time will tell. There's only so much room in the safe.

Reactions: rockin randy
My custom Bighorn TL3 in 6.5cm , first no expense spared rifle that I will have forever.

Prove you have a hot wife!
I'm waiting!
@Bender

Reactions: spife7980
Any gun that has multiple barrel options...of my collection I would choose my large frame AR.

Attachments

• received_10156175327675112.jpeg
    received_10156175327675112.jpeg
    65.2 KB · Views: 40
M1 Garand. Does everything. Always ammo around.

or for those of you old enough to know better:
"A machine that goes PING"

Reactions: BAMCIS
Unanswerable. Available ammo or proper components for reloading would dictate my answer. 22LR would be out unless the ammo would be available from a sustainable source. 5.56 would probably be my first choice as long as the military continued using it. Regardless, I'd have to say anything in the same caliber as the military. A firearm without ammo is just another club and not a very good club at that.

Reactions: HPIguy
an a 10 parked in my yard .... it's a plain but build around the gun i want . well with that logic I guess maybe an Iowa class battle ship would be nicer . not sure if the land lord would appreciate all his parking spots being filled but who cares its my dream . I am only assuming I could spot my misses if there were any . just a little bit of dirt kicked up

or
either would do make me happy .

Damn that's a crazy question.
I started shaking before I even finished reading it !!