• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

If you could only own 1 gun for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Maybe a 45-70 lever action carbine. Not great at anything, but functional for almost everything - at least for my purposes.

a BLAST FROM THE PAST a PARKER HALE M85 SNIPER RIFLE in 7.62NATO , be all you can be with an M85 on the range with a 20 round mags loaded with 185g LAPUA SCENARS , the world is your oyster , if you can see it you can hit it , well sometimes anyway .

I love my rimfires. Narrowing it down to just one of them would be tough. Probably my new inbox Marlin 80DL with peep sights. My grandfathers

If you could only own 1 gun for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Mine would be a Remington 700 chambered in 300 win mag. Wood stock. Quality sling. Badger rings and light weight hunting scope capable of dialing up enough to get me to 1k.
From a survival/2nd Amendment standpoint, my pick is a Glock 19. Then another Glock 19. Then a 14.5" AR15.

From a practical standpoint, I choose a precision 22. I love shooting NRL22 matches.

My M16A1

Attachments

• AF52D899-CBD9-4E25-8DD3-5F744A6EE7C9.jpeg
    AF52D899-CBD9-4E25-8DD3-5F744A6EE7C9.jpeg
    606.6 KB · Views: 61
I can whittle it down to 2, but after that, I guess it depends on the scenario. G19 and an AR platform 5.56.
If it's about survival and defending the homestead, I'll go with the rifle. If it's home defense and EDC, the G19.
But if I had to pick, as much as I love my pistol, the rifle seems to be the better choice.

Reactions: Tchitcherine
Either my AR Recee type rifle or my CZ Shadow 2. Would also consider a good 16” .308 AR variant.

You can do so much with a well built 16” AR-15/10 except easily have it on your person at all times like you can a pistol.

My 1894 Winchester Sportin' Rifle Solid Frame .30 WCF with Nickel Steel Octagon Barrel. Still shoots great, but more for just admiring...

For shootin', I much prefer my Ruger Gunsite Scout in .308 with XS long rail (aperture on rear ghost ring larger than the OEM) and a Burris 1x6 scope on a P.E.P.R. mount. Not interested in the little critters...

Winchester and Nimravus 001.JPG

Ruger Gunsite Scout.JPG

Reactions: TheChief
if i could only keep one gun...not some end of days armageddon scenario where i had to hunt for food etc....it would definitely be my Bruce Gray 1911....it's amazing, perfectly balanced, fits my hand like a glove, has never failed me and to my eyes beautiful. The checkering is brilliant, as perfect as hand checkering can be. There's a subtle magazine well that grips the lower part of my hand enhancing my grip. The controls engage and disengage properly, securely but not harshly. The trigger is set to where i prefer, to what i'm very used to, short but present take-up, just a hint of overtravel, a clean sharp break at 1.3 lb and a short reset. The rear adjustable sight is nicely recessed, no sharp edges and all black, the front sight is a thin red fiberoptic rod securely housed. Works well for my older eyes.

i'm told 1911s can be finicky or unreliable but that has not been the case with this pistol. i've taken so many classes with this pistol, been shooting it for some 2 decades now and it's as close to perfection i can imagine...at least for me.

When I consider food, self defense, portability, (conceal under a long coat), I would go with my SBR AR with ultra 7 or 9 in 300BO. 110 Barnes for super sonic and plenty of subsonic available (in my gun room). No long range but easily takes deer and hogs and can be used with my thermal and laser with NV. Red dot for self defense and 4.5 - 14 scope for deer. All this fits in one carry case. I love using this gun.

@bmash

What barrel length are you shooting? Thinking of going with an 8.2” from Rosco myself. My use would be strict HD shooting 110s.

Reactions: Flatrock
2A Arms Xanthos AR10 lower......one gun. 22” 6CM upper for vermin and deer, 18” 308 upper for surplus ammo, deer, self defense, 338 Federal for elk and larger game etc. with the right barrel and parts, like a titanium bolt carrier, this would weigh around 6 pounds unloaded without an optic. Carry weight less than 8#.

Last edited:
Reactions: Earnhardt
2A Arms Xanthos AR10 lower......one gun. 22” 6CM upper for vermin and deer, 18” 308 upper for surplus ammo, deer, self defense, 338 Federal for elk and larger game etc.
Cool - I didn’t think to get legalistic! The lower is the “gun” so I could add 22rf and 5.55 to my lower!

Reactions: KYAggie
An accurate 14.5" suppressed AR15, with a Vortex 1-10x, and a ton of 77gr Mk262 ammo. Short and light enough for urban use, and can reach out to 800m in a pinch. Versatile enough for hunting and combat applications.

Hard to argue with almost all is the replies but can’t believe no one has said a 22 magnum bolt action rifle with a 2-7 scope. Takes down anything with one well placed shot. Probably one of the all time most capable cartridges.

M14 w/ NM iron sights in a USGI birch stock, USGI fiberglass stock as a backup along with Nam seatbelt sling.
10 mags, Deuce gear, cleaning gear and a bag of tools for this weapon and small parts, bolt rebuild kits, 2 sets of pins, 2 sets of springs, gas piston, trigger group etc. and ammo, common military caliber, easy to obtain.
Iron sights, even with my old eyes still quite accurate at 400 yards but able to make hits at 600 + if conditions were right.
2013-12-11 15.49.52.jpg

Are we talking precision guns, or any guns at all?

If precision only, Barrett MRAD, thats easy.

If only 1 gun at all, well, I'd love to see what it looked like when you tried to defend yourself with a bolt action rifle.

Only 1 gun total; AR lower (its technically the gun!) and have a CQB and MK12 upper.

Reactions: PBWalsh
I could only have one gun and only one, it would be this
herringbone stipple.jpg

There is nothing that points as naturally and shoots as flat as this thing. The slide is at DP Custom Works for an RMR cut.

Reactions: PBWalsh
@308pirate

I see your awesome P09 and raise you a Shadow 2. But if I needed a polymer framed pistol, it’d be an 09.

EA111024-0098-4CF3-AAF4-7F70DC2ABBD9.jpeg

One gun for me would be this S2 (add an RMR) or a AR-15 Recee type rifle. Or as German mentioned, an AR lower with Mk18 and Mk12 type uppers if thats allowed in these rules.

I answered this question before and my knee jerk reaction was 30-06 probably because I’ve always loved it so much and it is a good all around cartridge. But this time around , and with more careful thought, I might consider a .223 to be the one. On another note it would seem to be sacrilegious and out right criminal to own one firearm- lol.

@308pirate

I see your awesome P09 and raise you a Shadow 2. But if I needed a polymer framed pistol, it’d be an 09.

View attachment 7298876

One gun for me would be this S2 (add an RMR) or a AR-15 Recee type rifle. Or as German mentioned, an AR lower with Mk18 and Mk12 type uppers if thats allowed in these rules.

Trading my P-01 for a P-07 tomorrow

tough question.

have the zombies taken over? If so, 12” M4

if no zombies.... still the M4 or possibly one of my 1911s.

At first I was thinking I'd take my 308 or my 6.5. But a BCM or similar AR platform in SBR or "pistol" configuration would probably be the better utility player.

My wife's cheytac m200. It's been my favorite gun since I first learned of it almost 2 decades ago. Sometimes she let's me shoot it lol. Over on the far right

Attachments

• 20200416_161253.jpg
    20200416_161253.jpg
    733.5 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: Boon20
I hope and will fight to make sure it is never just 1 gun. I need all of them.
If it comes down to 1 gun "only" I will probably have already gone under in a hella firefight and be looking at the roots of the grass and pushing up poppies.

Reactions: Mooseception