• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

If you're going to get a speeding ticket, make it a good one.

Or, you could simply follow the speed limit and not worry about law enforcement. There's nothing you can say that will deter my celebration at another dumbass for speeding. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. At best you get a speeding ticket and a slap on the wrist. At worst, you kill yourself, or someone else. It's funny you mention other countries and their speeding policies. There's some European countries that if you go over 1 mph over the speed limit, you get a ticket.
I agree. I think the limits ar too high in places.

Want to drive fast? Go to a track, but you dont have the right to endanger ME so YOU can have a thrill.

Few things I enjoy more than when I see law enforcement pulling people over for speeding. Personally, if you're going 30 over the speed limit it should be automatic go straight to jail, no exceptions. You should explain to a judge exactly why you can't keep your car around the speed limit
I want the judge to explain to me exactly who I hurt by speeding. Ok, if I'm driving fast and injure somebody, by all means throw the book at me. But generally, speeding is a victimless "crime" if you know how to drive and stay off the damn phone

I run one of those, but in the 206 class. I only get to about 50mph, but on a tight little spring track, 2.5 to 3g's in the corners is a bunch of fun.

I started autocrossing when I was 16, and that really kept me calmer on the streets during racing season. I got most of my tickets during the off season when I didn't have an outlet.

Branden

The 4 stroke classes hadn't come up yet when I was racing monthly(This was '06-'09) I know the LO206/4 stroke classes is where the karting world is now headed. And it makes sense! 4 strokes run A LOT longer than 2's and there just isn't the engine builders there once was. I ran HPV3 for several years in So. Cal (in the picture shown) and yamaha KT100's several years before that.

I was mid to mid-front of the pack in HPV3, but never proved to myself as a racer to warrant the move up to TAG or Rotax :confused: I said to myself I had to win monthly, and with dominance in HPV3 before spending the money in TAG or Rotax. That didn't happen and I had to grow up and make a living somehow other than a kart shop in Carlsbad, CA.

There's a track close to where I live that runs the LO206 & tillotson 225RS series. Now that I have a son, I need to part with my 2 stroke and run a 4 and get a kid kart for him before long :) I

I want the judge to explain to me exactly who I hurt by speeding. Ok, if I'm driving fast and injure somebody, by all means throw the book at me. But generally, speeding is a victimless "crime" if you know how to drive and stay off the damn phone
By that logic it should be ok to fire your pistol or rifle in a crowded room..AS LONG AS YOU DONT HURT ANYONE.

Think about it.

By that logic it should be ok to fire your pistol or rifle in a crowded room..AS LONG AS YOU DONT HURT ANYONE.

Think about it.
Except most places that are safe to drive fast are open stretches of road, so It's like firing a gun in an empty room. Places like cities, school zones, ect....... are places where the limits are perfectly reasonable and definitely should be in place

3ebf08d6c211a1bf60f58216eb598afa.jpeg

I'm sure there's more than one person on here who can remember when this was the law of the land.

Or, you could simply follow the speed limit and not worry about law enforcement. There's nothing you can say that will deter my celebration at another dumbass for speeding. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. At best you get a speeding ticket and a slap on the wrist. At worst, you kill yourself, or someone else. It's funny you mention other countries and their speeding policies. There's some European countries that if you go over 1 mph over the speed limit, you get a ticket.

The same ones that will literally have the police kick in your door for daring to say someone with a penis is a man, & where self defense is not allowed and you live in a full on police state, so yep why don't you go over there and enjoy all your "rules" and "penalties."

Again you ignored valid comments on how things should be run if they were actually about safety and just skipped to let's have bandits with badges ambushing folks because... dirty sinners deserve it.

Except most places that are safe to drive fast are open stretches of road, so It's like firing a gun in an empty room. Places like cities, school zones, ect....... are places where the limits are perfectly reasonable and definitely should be in place
I'll only partly agree. If you hit a pot hole at 150 and wreck, it will take valuable resources to rescue you, and clean up the mess. could also inconveninece my travel plans while the highway is shut down. go to a track.

And I'm not saying I havent done it. Got stopped in my chevy van doing 100 in a 70. Only reason I wanst going faster is the governor kicked in at 101 and it bucked like crazy. Cop said if i'd give him my word to slow down he'd give me a pass. I promised and honored my word.

I remember seeing that but there was a lot less traffic then.
And to this day, there are many places out here in the west oh say northern Nevada, eastern Oregon, eastern Washington where a driver is more likely to pass a wild horse or wild burrow than another automobile.

And with that said, I always obey all rules of the road pertaining to safety and speed at all times.

E745C218-18B1-4A54-A395-5A29F31DB576.jpeg

The 4 stroke classes hadn't come up yet when I was racing monthly(This was '06-'09) I know the LO206/4 stroke classes is where the karting world is now headed. And it makes sense! 4 strokes run A LOT longer than 2's and there just isn't the engine builders there once was. I ran HPV3 for several years in So. Cal (in the picture shown) and yamaha KT100's several years before that.

I was mid to mid-front of the pack in HPV3, but never proved to myself as a racer to warrant the move up to TAG or Rotax :confused: I said to myself I had to win monthly, and with dominance in HPV3 before spending the money in TAG or Rotax. That didn't happen and I had to grow up and make a living somehow other than a kart shop in Carlsbad, CA.

There's a track close to where I live that runs the LO206 & tillotson 225RS series. Now that I have a son, I need to part with my 2 stroke and run a 4 and get a kid kart for him before long :) I
I'm having a lot of fun, it's as much fun as you can have with your clothes on IMO.

We had a full electric kart come out for a couple races towards the end of the season. He ran with the shifters, he wasn't terribly fast, but when he would exit the corner on the more faster sections, it would accelerate like a low flying aircraft rear ended it. Quite a site to see. Downside is the real lack of engine noise, just seemed like it lacked a soul. One of the best sounds to me, is when you have a bunch of 206 karts on a rolling start. All those engines climbing the RPM's, is quite a sound.

Branden

Reactions: ColinW
And to this day, there are many places out here in the west oh say northern Nevada, eastern Oregon, eastern Washington where a driver is more likely to pass a wild horse or wild burrow thatn another automobile.

And with that said, I always obey all rules of the road pertaining to safety and speed at all times.

View attachment 8095727
You made me laugh. You should post this picture instead.
1678741996340.png

• Haha
Reactions: wildcats
Few things I enjoy more than when I see law enforcement pulling people over for speeding. Personally, if you're going 30 over the speed limit it should be automatic go straight to jail, no exceptions. You should explain to a judge exactly why you can't keep your car around the speed limit
I'd much rather see a blue hair doing 10 under in the fast lane, with cars backed up for a quarter mile, get pulled over.

Got pulled over one night for running 90 in a 55, only because he didn’t see me running 120 in a 55 just seconds earlier. I didn’t see him, but I was already hard on the brakes when he saw me. He wrote me up for 70 in a 55 because he didn’t want to take me to jail.

When I was 17 I owned a 57 Chevy 2 door post. Had a 427 out of a totaled Vette. Was a beast to control. We
had a place where there was a 1/2 mile straight stretch where we drag raced on Friday nights.
Was racing a GTO and the one behind at the 1/4 mark would get in the Right lane. I won and 2 hiding State Troopers lit me up. 🫣
Got a Speeding ticket (110 in a 25 mph zone ) a Reckless Driving ticket ..Drag racing on a public road , AND an Improper Muffler ticket. I had open Headers no mufflers ! Went to court and my defense was, I had NO mufflers , how could they be improper?? 🫣
All dismissed 😎

I'm having a lot of fun, it's as much fun as you can have with your clothes on IMO.

We had a full electric kart come out for a couple races towards the end of the season. He ran with the shifters, he wasn't terribly fast, but when he would exit the corner on the more faster sections, it would accelerate like a low flying aircraft rear ended it. Quite a site to see. Downside is the real lack of engine noise, just seemed like it lacked a soul. One of the best sounds to me, is when you have a bunch of 206 karts on a rolling start. All those engines climbing the RPM's, is quite a sound.

Branden

The rolling sound of any kart race & classes are the sounds of my teenage years :) My favorite was the shifters from a sitting start. You hear the boys rev up, the green flag drops and it's all unleashed! Everyone would be lined up on the fences to watch the ICC class start. Now it's S1 or S4 or some other S and number.

Military service took a huge toll on my karting and placed it on hold over 10 years. That chapter is done and over with, so it's time to put my helmet on and get back in the seat 😁 I can't f'ing wait to get back into it!

Reactions: Short-bus
There's parts of Texas to speed in, and im talking 30-40 over, and parts of Texas to not exceed the posted by even 1mph...

Any time out in rural Texas and you come into a city limit and the limit goes from 70+(on a 2 lane country road BTW) to 30mph... do not go 31mph... there will be a cop sitting at both ends of the city limits on that road getting people coming and going.
Definately watch your limit in Kendall County TX. The Sheriff works the highway, and stops a LOT of traffickers. So they have a sensitive trigger for stopping people going a little fast. Once you get past Kerville a ways (Ft Stockton?), it opens up to posted at 80 mph.

Reactions: timesublime
Definately watch your limit in Kendall County TX. The Sheriff works the highway, and stops a LOT of traffickers. So they have a sensitive trigger for stopping people going a little fast. Once you get past Kerville a ways (Ft Stockton?), it opens up to posted at 80 mph.
I was driving west near Junction, TX. It was 105F+ and my A/C stopped working along the drive from FL to CO. I had my windows rolled down and my knee slightly out the window to cool the nads. Was cruising 95 mph and passed a trooper. I slowed to the speed limit and he came along side me. He saw my knee out the window and waved me on. Probably felt sorry for my miserable ass.

I was driving west near Junction, TX. It was 105F+ and my A/C stopped working along the drive from FL to CO. I had my windows rolled down and my knee slightly out the window to cool the nads. Was cruising 95 mph and passed a trooper. I slowed to the speed limit and he came along side me. He saw my knee out the window and waved me on. Probably felt sorry for my miserable ass.
Until you get 40 miles east of El Paso, then its Border Patrol everywhere.

View attachment 8095699
I'm sure there's more than one person on here who can remember when this was the law of the land.

My Dad was a trooper during those years. Oh how he hated going to court over every speeding ticket. He pretty much stopped writing speeding tickets and just started writing reckless and careless.

The $5 zero point speeding tickets were fun. Guys would cross the state at 20 over the whole way with a stack of 5's.

My Dad was a trooper during those years. Oh how he hated going to court over every speeding ticket. He pretty much stopped writing speeding tickets and just started writing reckless and careless.

The $5 zero point speeding tickets were fun. Guys would cross the state at 20 over the whole way with a stack of 5's.
Sounds like daddy was writing some of his tickets because of his feelings.

Last edited:
Sounds like daddy was writing some of his tickets because of his feelings.

No. Judges would toss most speeding tickets so they became pointless. Why waste the time and energy, when there's a better ticket.

Write them a reckless for doing 130mph on bald tires with a T rating, and they learned.

It was the wild west. All the old troopers get nostalgic about the days they would write triple digit speeding tickets all day only to have a judge toss them.

Lots of accidents because people didn't realize tires have speed ratings and brakes weren't great back then.

No. Judges would toss most speeding tickets so they became pointless. Why waste the time and energy, when there's a better ticket.

Write them a reckless for doing 130mph on bald tires with a T rating, and they learned.

It was the wild west. All the old troopers get nostalgic about the days they would write triple digit speeding tickets all day only to have a judge toss them.

Lots of accidents because people didn't realize tires have speed ratings and brakes weren't great back then.
OK boomer

• Haha
Reactions: chevy_man
Got busted last fall for 75 in a 55 coming down donners pass in California in a tractor trailer.
I pulled over before he was able to get into his car.
He said he was going to do a level 1 dot inspection instead of a speeding ticket.
I passed the inspection, he told me to slow down and I get to keep my safety bonus.
It was a good day.

If anyone knows this guy IRL, kick him in the dick for me.

Truckers who speed (any amount over) should go straight to jail and have their truck confiscated and CDL permanently suspended.

Yeah, it's just shame every motorist can't afford the latest and greatest equipment as with some who have all the latest and greatest thanks to endless funds provided by the taxpayer.

A few years ago, I was NB on the 95 in NV. This is a 2 lane in each direction with a large dirt medium. The road is long, flat and straight. My brother and I were having an in depth conversation when I observed a NHP or maybe he was a trooper SB and hard on his brakes. I looked down at my speedo and it was close to 140. I slowed down, and stopped on the shoulder. I watched the NHP hit the medium and he spun out. I could only make out his lights through all the dust. I tend to think it spooked him. It took a while for him to get oriented and I'm sure the fact that I was on the shoulder waiting calmed him down.

He finally comes up and goes to the passenger side and asked me what the hurry was. I said "nothing, I wasn't paying attention." I then told him I had a ccw. He asked where my gun was and if it was loaded. I said my right side and yes it is loaded. He looked a bit apprehensive, so I told him that for officer safety purposes, I knew when he ran me it would ID me as a person who may be armed. At least that's what my kid told me and he is a Las Vegas Metro PD. Of course, he wanted to know where he worked etc. He wrote me up for 130, but then tells me to look at the ticket. He had checked a box that said, "less than 5 over." Said to call the court in 2 weeks and they will tell me what the fine is. He said because of the box he checked, it wasn't even the equivalent of a parking ticket. Had my secretary call the court in 2 weeks and she sent in the ticket and the fine-$25.

Then again, as a kid, I had my license suspended for speed contest.

Cheers, Steve

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
Not even close.

If it makes you feel better, he didn't even bother with warnings until at least 10 over once they established a real limit again.
Yep, your daddy sounds like a truly a forgiving and understanding individual.
3ebf08d6c211a1bf60f58216eb598afa.jpeg

Things were better out here in the west when certain portions of Highway had no daytime speed limit.

Yeah, it's just shame every motorist can't afford the latest and greatest equipment as with some who have all the latest and greatest thanks to endless funds provided by the taxpayer.

Montana... You'll not find the latest and greatest here. No budget.

As far as speed rated tires, it's not rocket science. Don't exceed the speed rating or they tend to overheat and blow up. Every tire has a rating, they just tend to start at 115, 117. Factory tires will have the correct rating for the governor, so not hard to figure it out.

If you're driving fast you have to pay attention to your equipment. During the r&p years anything under triple digits got a pass for the most part.

Reactions: SONIC SAAMI
Montana... You'll not find the latest and greatest here. No budget.

As far as speed rated tires, it's not rocket science. Don't exceed the speed rating or they tend to overheat and blow up. Every tire has a rating, they just tend to start at 115, 117. Factory tires will have the correct rating for the governor, so not hard to figure it out.

If you're driving fast you have to pay attention to your equipment. During the r&p years anything under triple digits got a pass for the most part.
Oh please I had no clue.
Please educate me more.

Yep, your daddy sounds like a truly a forgiving and understanding individual.
View attachment 8095889
Things were better out here in the west when certain portions of Highway had no daytime speed limit.

We need to fix the truck limit. If we got rid of that, and we could all cruise the same speed, it would help speed everything up.

That was another problem. Wrecks from people cresting hills and catching a truck.

The problem with reasonable and prudent is that it's opinion based. My reasonable might be 110, yours might be 150, while Grandma thinks it's 60. We're all right, until we wipe out and then it wasn't.

We need to fix the truck limit. If we got rid of that, and we could all cruise the same speed, it would help speed everything up.

That was another problem. Wrecks from people cresting hills and catching a truck.

The problem with reasonable and prudent is that it's opinion based. My reasonable might be 110, yours might be 150, while Grandma thinks it's 60. We're all right, until we wipe out and then it wasn't.
All agree with you with truck thing.
During daylight hoursntrucks should have the same speed limit as passenger vehicles so long as the road conditions permit.
As far as the grandma thing goes I guess it's down to what type of Grandmas you had.
Both of mine drove big block Dodge/Plymouths
I don't know maybe it's a "Chevy Thing"

330375056_540916648090338_6346342199088686357_n.jpeg

Reactions: wildcats
You haven't really been caught speeding until your in handcuffs on the side of the road and they are tearing through your car, threatening to impound it and take you to jail.

I mean, so I've heard...

(Begin sarcasm font)
It’s obvious that the only proper way to handle this - is to drive 10-under the speed limit in the fast lane and ignore the “slower traffic keep right” signs because by god I’m virtue signaling my way to heaven, and all those people lined up behind me and honking are surely going straight to hell.
(End sarcasm font)

(Begin sarcasm font)
It’s obvious that the only proper way to handle this - is to drive 10-under the speed limit in the fast lane and ignore the “slower traffic keep right” signs because by god I’m virtue signaling my way to heaven, and all those people lined up behind me and honking are surely going straight to hell.
(End sarcasm font)
Just make sure it's on a two-lane mountainous highway without a single passing lane to be found for miles.
Oh, and when you do come to a passing lane immediately gun it and run 15 miles an hour over the posted speed.

• Haha
Reactions: rjacobs and Maggot
Got my first ticket 16 racing (doing quarter across bridge). I won the race in my 67 mustang and we both got tickets. Was worried and didn't tell mom and especially pops. Had long hair and cut it just for the judge. My buddy, who lost, got a ticket too. I go before the judge and he says you had your license for less than a month(had been driving since i was 14), driving is a not a right son. Three months suspended. My buddy walks up next. He remembered him from a month earlier getting a speeding ticket. He said Mr Draper I am going to give you a warning. Needless to say I washed police cars for a few Saturdays to pay court costs. Brutal..

Reactions: 338dude