• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Illinois, southern Wis, Northern IN

Re: Illinois, southern Wis, Northern IN

Going to youngs longshot in Angola Indiana (wolcottville actually) this weekend 1000 yards

Rich

Ripon Wisconsin's Ripon Rifle and Pistol Club (private range)has capabilities to 600 yards. I'm trying to work a deal to officially manage the Public rifle range in Waushara County a few days this summer. Nice range... but often vandalized. The County told me one more incident and they may just close the range. So I'm working a volunteer manager deal on a few Saturdays. Stations to 200 yards but the range is capable of much more, which I hope to encourage.

That would be horrible news for a range in WI to shut down. I cant stand stuff like that. Maybe the club could pool its efforts to mitigate vandalizing somehow. Fences, Sniper type blinds, More locks who knows. I dont know the club but id hate to see another club in wisconsin get shut down. The laws in our state are horrible for gun ranges.

They shoot highpower at ripon??

not really that close to angola. It's in woodruff. It's closer to south milford or wolcotville. here is a link.

http://www.geocities.com/youngsrange/

It's fun up there. I live about 30 minutes away, and would like to spend a bit more time there.

Been wanting to give Youngs a try ever since I found out about it. I'm in northwest Indiana so I would have to make a day of it since it is a bit of a drive. There is only JP 230yd and NPCCC 100yd by me and that is not much of a challenge for a TRG-42.

Chris

Been a member at Young's for 3yrs now. Excellent place to shoot/meet people. Everyone I've meet down at Young's has been great.

Anyone know what's going on with the McMiller range within Kettle Moraine? I've heard it's now on limited hours, etc.. typical b/s from the surrounding neighbors who are probably avid hunters, but piss on the idea of having a shooting range close by - the same hunters, who see no need for CCW in WI.

I've never been to McMiller, but my old man is a member at Daniel Boone Conservation League and they have a nice range out to 200 just north of Milwaukee on 45, It's about 10 min from the Cabela's in Richfield, WI... It's a really nice place.

I was to mcmiller last week, very nice range, they have a 15,25,50,100,200 and 300 yrd ranges. Range officers are good guys and $15.00 to shoot all day at the 100 is not bad. if you want to use the 200 and 300 its $22.00 all day. But the max distance is 300yds..

* mcmiller hours- NOV 1st-21st, open daily 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
mcmiller-262-549-5900

I am a member of the Juneau Sportsman’s club 50, 100, and 200. Not bad at all for a small annual membership and the fact it is ten minutes from my house. It is about 30 minutes west on hwy 60 off of fwy 45

They passed a law in Wi. years ago which "grandfathered" in ranges like McMiller (state owned) to keep them around for ever without dealing with PC bullshit.
Coming from IL., I love McMiller.