• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

IMI Defense ASB – AR15 Adjustable Sniper Buttstock

ron_c

Private
Minuteman
Sep 28, 2020
Has anyone used this stock?

Pros and Cons.

• Made of a high-quality fiber-reinforced polymer compound.
  • Available for the mil-spec tube.
  • Slim and low profile over-molded butt plate design.
  • Adjustable shoulder pad for extra comfort and stability.
  • Unique latch design made to extend the stock while aiming
  • Right and left QD tactical sling adapter ports.
  • Adjustable cheek rest and shoulder pad for improved support.
Available in Black, O.D. Green and Desert Tan
Made in Israel

Attachments

• IMI -1.jpg
    IMI -1.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 103
  • IMI - 2.jpg
    IMI - 2.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 109
Frankly, I never knew it existed.
And bluntly... it looks clunky.
Apparently it has a shorter LOP then a PRS though.

I found this picture of it on FB. Kinda chunky looking yeah, but maybe not more so than a LuthAR. Weight was listed as 2,000g though, I hope that's the package weight because that's 4.4 lbs in American.
1670177402483.png

Reactions: ron_c
"Weight was listed as 2,000g though, I hope that's the package weight because that's 4.4 lbs in American."

I saw that also and at first glance I was, no way it's too heavy, however on the pdf for the stock, it is listed as 550g which is 19.40 oz.

Not sure which is right. I do like that the cheek piece sit flush with the top of the stock. It's similar to the Auth-AR MBA stock.

I've seen the price of around $235 for the IMI stock and around $140 for the Auth-AR stock.

Attachments

• July4th-MBA-3.jpg
    July4th-MBA-3.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 32
I saw that also and at first glance I was, no way it's too heavy, however on the pdf for the stock, it is listed as 550g which is 19.40 oz.

Not sure which is right. I do like that the cheek piece sit flush with the top of the stock. It's similar to the Auth-AR MBA stock.

550g/19.4oz seems more reasonable for a stock like that. While I was looking for some more information on this stock I found this one from FAB Defense, another Israel-based company. It's a little more expensive and it weighs about 20 oz.

1670187669905.png

For anyone thinking of ordering either of the mentioned stocks... DO NOT order from The Mako Group, their webpage is corrupted, and your CC info WILL be stolen.

I have one. My only gripe is the cheekpiece is too close to the butt for it to be usable for anything other than standing or upright kneeling. I had planned on using it with a side charger upper but mocked it up prior and found that for prone especially, my cheek is forward of the leading edge of the cheekpiece. Even with the butt plate extended all the way. For my body type anyways.

Reactions: Laseredge and ron_c
550g/19.4oz seems more reasonable for a stock like that. While I was looking for some more information on this stock I found this one from FAB Defense, another Israel-based company. It's a little more expensive and it weighs about 20 oz.

View attachment 8013841

I bought this from Dvor for $100 a little while while back. It's pops up for sale on there every once and a while. It wobbles on the buffer tube no matter how tight you make the clamp. When you make it too tight, you cant collapse it which isn't that big of a deal since the LOP can be adjusted 2 ways. The rest of it is nice though.

I have one. My only gripe is the cheekpiece is too close to the butt for it to be usable for anything other than standing or upright kneeling. I had planned on using it with a side charger upper but mocked it up prior and found that for prone especially, my cheek is forward of the leading edge of the cheekpiece. Even with the butt plate extended all the way. For my body type anyways.
I have seen one other review that said the same thing about the cheek piece.