• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Impact 737R or termiunus zues

I'm like 70 percent sure I want a impact but then again the switch barrel feature on the zues is nice also. I waffle back and forth on which one. I'm sure I want the impact then I think na I want the zues. This has been the hardest decision of my life

Flip a coin then take the opposite result and write it down on a piece of paper. Take that paper and turn it into an origami swan. Find the nearest creek, let it float down stream. Run about 100 yards down to the end. If the origami swan is facing North when you first set eyes on it, set aside 5 blue & green M&M's. If it faces any other direction, set aside 5 red & yellow M&M's. Stick them in your pocket and draw one at random. Eat 3 of the 10. Then go online and place an order for the 737R.

As a former switch barrel addict, beginning the journey with a Desert Tech and multiple barrels, then on to a traditional rifle and a Terminus Zeus, I can tell you confidently I wish I listened to the advice given here early on. Dedicated rifles for dedicated tasks is the route to take. The switch barrel thing WORKS in function, but practically it never quite works as desired. Minor POI shift, rifle weight, ergos etc. that crossover from hunting to PRS is just cumbersome at times.
The Zeus switch change WORKS as advertised. No doubt. But I migrated to two impacts for a reason. Either one is great. Just be practical about the switch barrel fantasy.

Last edited:
Flip a coin then take the opposite result and write it down on a piece of paper. Take that paper and turn it into an origami swan. Find the nearest creek, let it float down stream. Run about 100 yards down to the end. If the origami swan is facing North when you first set eyes on it, set aside 5 blue & green M&M's. If it faces any other direction, set aside 5 red & yellow M&M's. Stick them in your pocket and draw one at random. Eat 3 of the 10. Then go online and place an order for the 737R.
Well this is exactly what I needed to see to make up my mind. Non of that made sense and neither is my bullshit about which action to buy so yea im buying the impact. Thank u for helping me decided with all that nonsense

Reactions: Stoweit and KZP
Well this is exactly what I needed to see to make up my mind. Non of that made sense and neither is my bullshit about which action to buy so yea im buying the impact. Thank u for helping me decided with all that nonsense

Buy an Impact. You'll lust after a Zeus with a switch barrel.

Buy a Zeus. You'll lust after an Impacts effortless bolt throw and silky operation.

Either way you lose. Flip a coin.

Buy an Impact. You'll lust after a Zeus with a switch barrel.

Buy a Zeus. You'll lust after an Impacts effortless bolt throw and silky operation.

Either way you lose. Flip a coin.
Interastading

Most of my 737s came from GAP, I have extra barrels for them and can spin them on at will. Pre-fits work on the impact and most any smith can provide barrels.

I'm like 70 percent sure I want a impact but then again the switch barrel feature on the zues is nice also. I waffle back and forth on which one. I'm sure I want the impact then I think na I want the zues. This has been the hardest decision of my life

I like that Joel times his actions not to cock on close with a TT. I’ve never used an impact, mainly because it seems they purposefully do the opposite to reduce bolt lift. Different strokes. My Curtis was one of the only 700 pattern actions I simply could not make bind, it’s my impression impacts are also good at this, so I doubt you’ll be disappointed with either in that front.

Id listen to Mike, birdie told me he built a decent rifle once

I need some help deciding on a action. I've got 2500 bucks coming from my job, it's my tool allowance for the year. You get back what you spent so far in the snap on truck. So I'm going to buy a custom action but I can't decide what to get. I've worked the impact at a match but not the zues. I have a ruger rpr that I'm running currently that I changed just about everything on it for PRS so I'm used to the 60 degree bolt throw and I like the quick change barrel feature on the zues but everybody tells me the impact is slicker than snot and I have a good snap on torque wrench so it's not a issue with torqueing barrels for the impact but it does suck to have to remember to bring it home. Eventually I'd like to have a 223 rem barrel for practice and the main barrel in 6.5x47 lapua for matchs. I can't fucking decide
It's easy. Impact. I shoot a ton... especially last year in PRS + Training. 15,000 rounds + on Impact action. 7 barrels. I had to replace just one firing pin. And that was my fault, I used brass that was too old...pierced primer and 70-75 rounds later firing pin went caput on me. Good thing it was on the training day. No issues. It is slick and more importantly reliable. Tate and Co. in OK sure did a great job designing it. When I'm in the TN or WV dirt and time on the clock is 90 seconds it has never let me down. This year earlier we had wet spring, no worries runs like it loves the rain :). I do have Tikka that I use once in a while. So I'm a convert from 60 degree throw bolt.

I own the impact and shot it a little.. Great action. But I don't like the 90 degrees bolt. I, therefore, want to go for Zeus. The last thing I would worry about is a quick barrel change feature. That quick barrel change feature isn't different from torquing the prefit barrels.

I own the impact and shot it a little.. Great action. But I don't like the 90 degrees bolt. I, therefore, want to go for Zeus. The last thing I would worry about is a quick barrel change feature. That quick barrel change feature isn't different from torquing the prefit barrels.
One of the smartest guys in this thread , I'll be telling my Grandchildren about you ;)

Mike R.

I'm happy with my Lone Peak. I handled it sided by side with a barreled Impact and that is what made my decision.
I'll be keeping an eye on you I like the way the Back of your Head works... Extremely Intelligent individul :cool:

Mike R.

Just buy a Accuracy International, best action there is. Quick change setup, simple and proven. 🤔😬

The Zeus is awesome, sold mine and bought an AI. Fit my needs better..
Heard nothing but great things about the Impact 737 also.

Last edited:
Just by a Accuracy International, best action there is. Quick change setup, simple and proven. 🤔😬

The Zeus is awesome, sold mine and bought an AI. Fit my needs better..
Heard nothing but great things about the Impact 737 also.
Nope not buying a accuracy anything

• Haha
Reactions: CageFighter
I currently run the Terminus and am switching to an Impact, my terminus has gone down on me twice at matches so it will now be my backup rifle when my Impact gets done. Tolerances are better on the impact & it has a lighter bolt lift.

I currently run the Terminus and am switching to an Impact, my terminus has gone down on me twice at matches so it will now be my backup rifle when my Impact gets done. Tolerances are better on the impact & it has a lighter bolt lift.
What happened to it?

Curious what happened too it as well?

What happened to it?
I was shooting in Oklahoma (Fouled Bore) and the bolt wouldn't close. The wind was blowing pretty good and they have a very fine sand & it just got into the action throughout the day. Made me drop a full stage on both occasions. Keep in mind these were 2 day matches and I clean my bolt & chamber at the end of the day. Both went down on the 2nd day. I cleaned the bolt and chamber to get through the rest of the match just fine but I was pretty pissed.

Talked with Tate at the end of the match and ordered my Impact on the following Monday, hopefully it will be here by the end of the month. They have about a 10 week lead time right now.

So is that an action problem or a gunsmithing problem?

Did you find out what caused it?

Never considered the fusion. Are people making prefits for that action?

I switched from a Nucleus to an Impact and I thought the 90* bolt throw would be an issue. To tell you the truth I don’t notice the difference when shooting matches. Record yourself when shooting under pressure and you’ll notice you manipulate the bolt different under pressure than you do casually shooting. The 90* throw is a far less issue than you think. The Impact has been great, feels silky smooth when clean or dirty.

Reactions: Terry Cross
I switched from a Nucleus to an Impact and I thought the 90* bolt throw would be an issue. To tell you the truth I don’t notice the difference when shooting matches. Record yourself when shooting under pressure and you’ll notice you manipulate the bolt different under pressure than you do casually shooting. The 90* throw is a far less issue than you think. The Impact has been great, feels silky smooth when clean or dirty.
I have recorded myself and I do run my bolt on my RPR the same during practice as in a match. It's a little stiff on opening but I got it down to a science and I can run it pretty smooth. I've shot it for 3 years so I've got so much muscle memory put into this that's why I was a little hesitant to change to a 90 degree throw because I will have to completely re train my brain

I have recorded myself and I do run my bolt on my RPR the same during practice as in a match. It's a little stiff on opening but I got it down to a science and I can run it pretty smooth. I've shot it for 3 years so I've got so much muscle memory put into this that's why I was a little hesitant to change to a 90 degree throw because I will have to completely re train my brain

You'll learn fast and probably appreciate the lighter throw.

That new Kelbly Prometheus sure looks nice...

Reactions: Matt_3479
So ill prolly end up with the impact. I'm just waiting on my moneys and then im paying nick at straight jacket armory to spin up a 6.5x47 lapua barrel for the impact

Well I just received my impact bbl’d action yesterday. From Initial thoughts it’s a nice action. I’m looking very much forward to getting this thing going. I’m pretty certain I should be loaded up, assembled and at the range later this week. I’ve thrown in a temp stock to do some dry fire practice in the back yard. Roughly 300-400 hundred today and yesterday. I think it might become one of my favourites but so far I prefer the terminus. Time will tell

Reactions: MikeRTacOps
Well I just received my impact bbl’d action yesterday. From Initial thoughts it’s a nice action. I’m looking very much forward to getting this thing going. I’m pretty certain I should be loaded up, assembled and at the range later this week. I’ve thrown in a temp stock to do some dry fire practice in the back yard. Roughly 300-400 hundred today and yesterday. I think it might become one of my favourites but so far I prefer the terminus. Time will tell
Who did you get the barreled action from?

Well sound off after you shot it this week

Will do!! I’ll bring the terminus and load up as well. After zeroing, and some bench/prone shooting, I’ll do some positional shooting and tripod shooting to see how they compare!!

BCAEF981-9437-447C-9270-86657638E011.jpeg

Reactions: S3th
Impact here. Love them. Switch my own barrels. .223 and .308 in pics. Have a .260 hunting rifle on an impact as well. Tried several Terminus at matches and prefer the lighter bolt lift on the Impact. The Terminus 60* throw is nice in keeping bolt / hand away from scope. Can’t go wrong w/ either.
72AB7796-6ED0-40F7-92B8-9DECD00C0466.jpeg21F6F27F-CBA3-43DC-B518-D9954E107851.jpegBCB07D07-1408-4BCF-A7F5-2AA0DAD838B3.jpeg066E211C-0AB4-4B07-A871-7C95052DBD48.jpeg62F4FAD3-5226-4924-858C-F5202CA6DB62.jpeg

Reactions: Matt_3479