• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Imported carbon fiber tripod (RT90C)

I have an Anvil30 coming for it with @midwestoffroad adaptor so I'll see how it goes once I get everything!
I am ready to hear your feedback about this Anvil on this setup! I'm debating doing that versus just breaking down and buying a RRS tripod with the Anvil.
[/QUOTE]
I’d say if you can afford a full rrs setup without skimping on other gear, go for it. With that being said, the innorel with the anvil and Midwest mount works great. It’s just heavy as fuck.

Reactions: C.R. Adams
currently I have a Desmond DLOW-55 on my 90c. I attached one of the fishing breakaway nylon coasters to the large/main locking knob to allow for quick release/locking of the ball head. 90 degree throw.

Attachments

• 42C95C01-557A-4101-9E60-8A19D3C6F83A.jpeg
    42C95C01-557A-4101-9E60-8A19D3C6F83A.jpeg
    258.2 KB · Views: 139
The Anvil 30 is no lightweight. The RRS universal is a bit lighter and has a lower overall height. If that matters to you.

Reactions: C.R. Adams
The Anvil 30 is no lightweight. The RRS universal is a bit lighter and has a lower overall height. If that matters to you.

Anvil 30 is only 3oz heavier than the leveling base. I am guessing that the new machined base is about .8lbs heavier than the factory base.

I did play with the 2Vets 40mike mike yesterday and it looked exactly the same as the Innorel but it did feel a tad lighter.

Anvil 30 is only 3oz heavier than the leveling base. I am guessing that the new machined base is about .8lbs heavier than the factory base.

I did play with the 2Vets 40mike mike yesterday and it looked exactly the same as the Innorel but it did feel a tad lighter.

The new base replaces the original base for net zero gain/loss. When I weighed it before I shipped it to you, to compare to the Anvil 30, it was more than 3 oz IIRC. Like 12 ounces more.

Reactions: littlepod
Just picked mine up this afternoon. I have to say first impressions are better than expected! This thing is built sturdy and strong. Heavy, yes. But I'm not packing around the mountains with it sheep hunting, so it's not that big of a deal. Packaging was also better than expected, (you never know what your'e going to get from China). Time will tell if the thing stands up (seems like it will and others can attest to that) but for right around $300 I honestly don't see any competition to it. I'm just waiting for my Anvil30 to arrive and we'll see what it does!

Just picked mine up this afternoon. I have to say first impressions are better than expected! This thing is built sturdy and strong. Heavy, yes. But I'm not packing around the mountains with it sheep hunting, so it's not that big of a deal. Packaging was also better than expected, (you never know what your'e going to get from China). Time will tell if the thing stands up (seems like it will and others can attest to that) but for right around $300 I honestly don't see any competition to it. I'm just waiting for my Anvil30 to arrive and we'll see what it does!
Keep us update!

Reactions: cdeiglmeier
You are going to like that combo.

Reactions: cdeiglmeier
So...after reading this tread multiple times. I ordered the RT90C about a month ago. Followed that with a Anvil 30 from Mile High and finished it off with the Anvil base (without adapter plate) from MidWestOffroad.
This setup is the most solid I have had the pleasure of working with. All said an done, I’m in for around $750. Here’s a pic with my Vudoo V22 locked on top. Currently waiting on delivery of a rifle from MPA and order an ARCA for my other rig. Thanks for all the info in this thread and on this site as I continue the gear obsession and navigate the learning curve.

1585083323076.jpeg

Currently looking at tripod options and have been back and forward to this thread a bit.
I shoot at my local PRS style matches where we sometimes have a tripod stage. There is normally a tripod available and some shooters have their own that they are happy to let others use. When I hunt, if walking I take my trigger sticks which are better than no support and lightweight so I don't necessarily "need" a tripod it is more a nice to have.
I was leaning towards the RT80C instead of the RT90C due to the lighter weight, cheaper etc but from what I have read the 65mm bowl size could be an issue with just a clamp attached so would need to use a ballhead.
Then I came across the Innorel LT364C which pretty much splits the difference between the two. Same Max height, 36mm legs, still has the 75mm bowl and weight is pretty much halfway between them as well but price is almost the same as the RT90C.
Not sure which way to go or even pull the trigger at all but I think the LT364C could be a good option for those that are unaware of it. It reads very similar to the Leofoto 364C but less $$$$

I was considering it, but just couldn't find a reliable place to order one so I never did. All of the RRS tripods aren't 40mm, so I think a 36mm leg would suffice, and it looks like the LT364C is about .8lbs lighter.

I have been looking at both online, is the 90 worth the extra $?
I have the 90c and am completely comfortable with the money I spent and the product I received. I have not read any person dissatisfied with their purchase. I cannot help on the 80

I posted about it here a while back. Basically I thought the leg locks were too stiff and required too much rotation to lock/unlock. I also didn’t like the nearly 7 pound weight. I returned mine. Went with RRS.

Reactions: Ravenyzf-r6
I posted about it here a while back. Basically I thought the leg locks were too stiff and required too much rotation to lock/unlock. I also didn’t like the nearly 7 pound weight. I returned mine. Went with RRS.

Problem with China made stuff is there isn't any customer support or strict quality control. Luckily I got a usable RT90C, legs were not stiff, takes only about 1 rotation and the legs just drop right on out. 1 rotation to lock, 1 to loosen. The legs being stiff in terms of being able to open up, that can be adjusted by the hex bolt, and you can remove that hex bolt entirely if you want to disassemble the legs to have a minimal packing footprint.

It is weighty though... my tripod w/ the bowl + RRS leveling base comes in at 6.9lbs.

Problem with China made stuff is there isn't any customer support or strict quality control. Luckily I got a usable RT90C, legs were not stiff, takes only about 1 rotation and the legs just drop right on out. 1 rotation to lock, 1 to loosen. The legs being stiff in terms of being able to open up, that can be adjusted by the hex bolt, and you can remove that hex bolt entirely if you want to disassemble the legs to have a minimal packing footprint.

It is weighty though... my tripod w/ the bowl + RRS leveling base comes in at 6.9lbs.

Yes this. It takes too much rotation of the locks for my tastes. The RRS I have now, locks and unlocks with about a quarter of a turn.

Finally got everything set up with the custom plate from @midwestoffroad and RRS Anvil30. This thing is amazing! Now with my limited experience with tripods all I have to say is that this thing is stable as stable can be. It's rock solid from every position including standing. I would also like to add that those saying their leg twist locks took too much rotation to "unlock", I don't know if I got a "good one" or what, but mine only take about approx. 1/4-1/3 of a rotation to unlock and let the legs slide in or out freely. There is no question this tripod is heavy. It's much heavier than an RRS but this total setup puts me right at approx. $750 spent. Compared to an RRS fully setup would be approx. $1700-1800. I have shot off a friends Gitzo before which is a $900 dollar tripod and other than the name I could not tell a difference between that one and this RT90C. I have no questions this tripod setup bats higher with the more expensive options than it actually costs. Due to the quarantine I am stuck here dry firing but it handles my 22lb comp rig like its nothing.
IMG_0332.JPG

I just grabbed an anvil from mile high and see people talking about a plate from @midwestoffroad. Does the stock plate that comes with the tripod not work? Basically could I get the 411 on this plate? Thanks.

Never mind, looked back a few pages and found my answer. ??

Last edited:
I just grabbed an anvil from mile high and see people talking about a plate from @midwestoffroad. Does the stock plate that comes with the tripod not work? Basically could I get the 411 on this plate? Thanks.

Never mind, looked back a few pages and found my answer. ??

I have the 90C, Midwestoffroad's plate (great guy to deal with, and no comparison between his plate and the 90c plate), and UPS says my Anvil is arriving by end of today. Honestly though, I've not 100% satisfied my curiosity as to why the 90c plate won't work. I have a good idea, but I just have to see it first hand to understand 100%.

I'm pretty damn excited about the combo that I will have. 90c, anvil, and Midwestoffroad's plate. While it will be a bit heavier than some other combos, I expect it to be damn solid and I feel my $$$ invested will be a good value.

I have all three: RT90C, midwestoffroad's plate and the Anvil 30 and it's a great combination. The original plate that comes with the tripod works alright but the Anvil is only held in place by the single 1/4" screw through the center of the plate. It requires no effort to rotate the Anvil 30 on the threads of the mounting screw when you have a rifle clamped in place. This is with blue loctite on the threads. Your chances of loosening the Anvil 30 during a match or a critical time are amplified.

That was my primary reason for getting the plate from Midwestoffroad, and it is perfect. It also appears to fully support the bottom shank of the Anvil 30 and eliminate any unnecessary lateral stress that could be applied.

In all, I am very pleased with this overall setup and think anyone with the RT90C and Anvil 30 would benefit from midwestoffroad's adapter plate.

You can see what I am talking about with the supported shank at the bottom of the Anvil 30 and the additional screws to keep it from rotating (compared to the factory plate) in my pictures below.

Attachments

• 7077D01E-3DBB-4983-8630-78C1277362CF.jpeg
    7077D01E-3DBB-4983-8630-78C1277362CF.jpeg
    268.9 KB · Views: 198
  • E393FB52-E6F7-4444-A1A1-9D82735F0B3F.jpeg
    E393FB52-E6F7-4444-A1A1-9D82735F0B3F.jpeg
    360.5 KB · Views: 185
  • 2E30C478-F309-4B66-B733-E2278582D71B.png
    2E30C478-F309-4B66-B733-E2278582D71B.png
    5.9 MB · Views: 215
  • 491E8BA3-572E-4471-80A4-351D3FA453F3.png
    491E8BA3-572E-4471-80A4-351D3FA453F3.png
    7.2 MB · Views: 198
I'll have to consider lightning them up. Lol
Weight was second to trying to get them made in a timely fashion as there done on manual machines

Me personally I’m not concerned about weight. In fact, I’d argue I’m more concerned about it being a touch hefty in the hopes it stabilizes the tripod while firing further.

I’m sure the option would be nice for some however.

Reactions: midwestoffroad
I'll have to consider lightning them up. Lol
Weight was second to trying to get them made in a timely fashion as there done on manual machines
My Anvil arrived yesterday and I can say the combo of the anvil, your base and the 90c make for a hell of a solid combination. thank you for recognizing the need for such a product, and quickly producing such a well thought out solution and quicklygetting it in the hands of folks who want to put together such a combo.

Me personally I’m not concerned about weight. In fact, I’d argue I’m more concerned about it being a touch hefty in the hopes it stabilizes the tripod while firing further.

I’m sure the option would be nice for some however.

I'm finding this to be true. Unless you're carrying an actual distance, don't fret over weight and heavier may be better.

So has anyone put a bh-55 ball head on the rt90c yet?

So has anyone put a bh-55 ball head on the rt90c yet?

I have. I have a rail on my Bravo and it slides in and locks up tight. Ive made hits on MOA steel out to 800 from standing position. I’ve never tried the RRS tripods or heads but the rt90c and bh-55 have been awesome in my experience.

I have. I have a rail on my Bravo and it slides in and locks up tight. Ive made hits on MOA steel out to 800 from standing position. I’ve never tried the RRS tripods or heads but the rt90c and bh-55 have been awesome in my experience.

The bh-55 is a rrs head. Got any pics of your set up?

Well, shit... I think I found the difference between the PVA Comp-40 and the RT90C. While everything else is identical, the plate on the Comp-40 is smaller in diameter than the one I got from @midwestoffroad. His plate is 85mm and the Comp-40 is just under 70mm (around 69.90mm).

20200405_133253.jpg

Edit: This was my own dumbass ASSumption that the plates would be identical, since everything else was. Midwestoffroad's plate is solid!! I'm just the idiot who didn't check before ordering.

Last edited:
I thought the PVA Comp 40, uses the same 75mm bowl size? I also thought the Innorel RT90C was also 75mm. Hmm.

I thought so, too. I was really surprised to see the bowl size was smaller. PVA even advertises the Comp 40 as having a 75mm bowl

I thought the PVA Comp 40, uses the same 75mm bowl size? I also thought the Innorel RT90C was also 75mm. Hmm.
It is a 75mm bowl diameter, but the size of the apex is different or at least that’s my understanding of it.

Guys, I have one of Midwestoffroad's plates for sale. It is completely unused, since it won't fit into my tripod. I'm asking $80, shipped, which is what he charges, so I'm just trying to break even.

Guys, I have one of Midwestoffroad's plates for sale. It is completely unused, since it won't fit into my tripod. I'm asking $80, shipped, which is what he charges, so I'm just trying to break even.

PM sent

@canezach Curious, what tripod do you have that it didn't fit? I will have a PVA Comp 40 soon, and might upgrade it and was just wondering. Thx.

@canezach Curious, what tripod do you have that it didn't fit? I will have a PVA Comp 40 soon, and might upgrade it and was just wondering. Thx.

I have the Comp 40. As you can see in the pic above, the plate for the Comp 40 is smaller than the one Midwestoffroad made for the RT90C. I've drawn the dimensions and am sending them to Midwest who is going to work his magic and come up with a plate for the Comp 40. If you'd like, I can send you my plate measurements as well

Reactions: sissupr
I have the Comp 40. As you can see in the pic above, the plate for the Comp 40 is smaller than the one Midwestoffroad made for the RT90C. I've drawn the dimensions and am sending them to Midwest who is going to work his magic and come up with a plate for the Comp 40. If you'd like, I can send you my plate measurements as well
Why not use the rrs plate?