• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Imported carbon fiber tripod (RT90C)

its too big and heavy. that is weight with no adapter/ball head and it takes up more space than something like the 75.
The 75 is listed at 4.2lbs. Not sure if that weight includes the crappy Innorel ball that’s shown with it. Assuming it is, the 80 listed at 3.4lbs plus a 14oz Anvil =68.4oz compared to 67.2oz for the 75. I kinda doubt the listed weight on the 75 even includes the bullhead anyway.

Would you notice the extra 1.2oz?

Center columns are known to be the bane of existence regarding anything known as “stability”

So ball head over Anvil is solely going to be end user specific.

You can probably mount a RRS clamp on a ball head to have that feature.

The Anvil offers a better lock up in a smaller package with more range of motion. Which allows it to be the better option for shooting off of.

A Ballhead. Checks most of the boxes fir most people and works really well to shoot off of aswell

For glassing a leveling. Base is all you need a majority of the time
Question; why would someone want an rrs Anvil-30 rather than say an rrs Ball Head mount of similar price? The ball heads look more robust to me, but I’ve not used either an not seen them in person.

Try shooting with both.

The anvil is FAST to adjust and accepts for picc rails and Arca. Nothing like it on the market.

Ball heads are already obsolete.
Guilty as charged for being in a cave with my ball head, and very interested in learning more about the newer solutions.

So does the Anvil enable quick vertical adjustments as well—up to how much angle?

From looking at pictures it appears to offer a flat pan-type movement...

The Anvil-30 is more or less a ballhead. Just a very stable and easily adjustable one. It doesn't have a leveling base that allows for simple panning, it's just a ballhead.

Reactions: akxx
Hope this helps with how much angle adjustments you can get with an anvil.

Attachments

• 83985A6A-EC85-4C80-860C-86C672C5BCEF.jpeg
    83985A6A-EC85-4C80-860C-86C672C5BCEF.jpeg
    423.1 KB · Views: 212
  • 011D0E76-DCDF-4261-B7D5-7943FBFC589B.jpeg
    011D0E76-DCDF-4261-B7D5-7943FBFC589B.jpeg
    498.9 KB · Views: 249
  • 84272211-3653-49DB-8517-1AB20FEBC0BF.jpeg
    84272211-3653-49DB-8517-1AB20FEBC0BF.jpeg
    486.7 KB · Views: 235
  • C1E734A9-1437-4D8B-923E-2076538F9018.jpeg
    C1E734A9-1437-4D8B-923E-2076538F9018.jpeg
    430.8 KB · Views: 193
  • 10E6E3F2-73DB-4CC8-8482-D0780CE18458.jpeg
    10E6E3F2-73DB-4CC8-8482-D0780CE18458.jpeg
    340.9 KB · Views: 219
Out with the RT90, Anvil, and Midwestoffroad adapter. This is one rock solid setup. Had dreams of the mile target but fog screwed us over and hid the far targets so only shot to 550 but totally boring at that range on a 10” circle from any position. Much more solid than my previous ball head the Sunwayfoto XB44. Total game changer to be able to stand and make hits like that.

4852AACC-B332-4AEA-9776-0CC1BC41CC69.jpeg

Hope this helps with how much angle adjustments you can get with an anvil.
Thanks! I had only seen picture of it flat, so didn’t realize it was a ball head, but with a better locking mechanism.

Is the Midwestoffroad adaptor an interface required for mating the Anvil to certain tripods? (I’m assuming to fill the void where the bowl would normally sit)

Reactions: mikeor70
Thanks! I had only seen picture of it flat, so didn’t realize it was a ball head, but with a better locking mechanism.

Is the Midwestoffroad adaptor an interface required for mating the Anvil to certain tripods? (I’m assuming to fill the void where the bowl would normally sit)

It is not Required on the RT90 or Artice 90. But after you see the rigidity of the MWOR plate offers like RRS designed for there mounting systems

Reactions: demolitionman
It is not Required on the RT90 or Artice 90. But after you see the rigidity of the MWOR plate offers like RRS designed for there mounting systems
To clarify—not required, but even on the RT90, does the plate make for a more solid end-result vs. without it? (Less wobble, play, etc—and therefore more stable sight picture?)

Last edited:
Reactions: demolitionman
To clarify—not required, but even on the RT90, does the plate make for a more solid end-result vs. without it? (Less wobble, play, etc—and therefore more stable sight picture?)
It doesn't need it no. It has a 3/8-16 hole in the bottom that should attach to the top of most tripods. It just doesn't keep it from rotating and coming unscrewed. The taper fit and 4 extra screws help get it lower and more secure.
Will this leveling head from Vortex fit into the
Rt90c? Price seems real good eh?

They just released their tripods and it's already knocked down $100?

Reactions: akxx
It doesn't need it no. It has a 3/8-16 hole in the bottom that should attach to the top of most tripods. It just doesn't keep it from rotating and coming unscrewed. The taper fit and 4 extra screws help get it lower and more secure.

They just released their tripods and it's already knocked down $100?
Bhphoto sells the same vortex head for the same price so maybe it’s midway doing some false markup to appear to be a good deal. Bhphoto has this for only 80$ more which I would prefer if it fits :

Bhphoto sells the same vortex head for the same price so maybe it’s midway doing some false markup to appear to be a good deal. Bhphoto has this for only 80$ more which I would prefer if it fits :
No it's typical vortex. They put a high MSRP so that if you win a 50% voucher off a prize table, it takes you to just below street price.

Innorel RT85C with n44 ballhead and I picked up a 3d printed saddle off ebay for $45 , got about $300 in the whole rig! This thing is rock solid ,no complaints at all, the rifle in pics is an FN SPR wieghing in around 12 lbs.
20210304_165959.jpg
20210304_170008.jpg
20210304_170018.jpg
20210304_170056.jpg
20210304_170222.jpg

Attachments

• 20210304_170222.jpg
    20210304_170222.jpg
    362.6 KB · Views: 59
Reactions: Jigstick
It's my first tripod! I wasn't sure I would like shooting off/with a tripod ,but turns out I really like it. I have zero experience with other tripod related gear. So I have a whole new skillset to learn! Lol
I tried the RT90C and it was too huge. I am putting together a lighter setup for mostly my spotter, but want it to handle a rifle for prairie dog season. Probably not going to shoot standing straight up in this wyoming wind, but sitting it should work.

Innorel had a used good condition one for sale on Amazon for $50 less so I jumped in it. Delivery between 3/31 and 4/21. That'll give me some time to decide which mount I want.

Reactions: Ridgeback80
so I bit the bullet and went with the 90 and the dlow55 last night, should be here tomorrow. I'll shoot off it some but primarily it'll be for binos, LRF, kestrel, etc... Does anyone have any photos of their "non-gun" setups?

It’s amazing what you can learn from reading product descriptions!
The Anvil mount also accepts arca as well as pic
Both the BH-40 and BH-55 are available in configurations that accept arca as well as pic. It's amazing what you can learn from reading product descriptions.

Are you using this with the rt90 ? Are you shooting off this base ?
Does it work better than the ta-3?
yes....RT90. yes, have been shooting off this base & love it.
I do not have a TA-3, I bought this bc I couldnt find one in stock a while back & didnt want to wait. Plus the cost was alot cheaper.

If I had to do it again, I think I would have bought the Two Vets 40 Mike Mike and supported a local company instead.

anyone have any experience with the RT90C compared to Vortex's new Radian offerings?

Reactions: JL6.5
Can someone tell me if the leg locks on the rt90c are spring loaded , or do you have to manually activate the leg locks when spreading the legs ?

Little help please. I have the RT90C. Tried a few different options however I saw people with an Leofoto LB-75S. So I thought I would give it ago.

However it doesn’t fit! It’s way too small and just falls through the centre? I thought the RT90C had a 75mm bowl. So why doesn’t this work?

Anyone who’s using one, or any advise?

Little help please. I have the RT90C. Tried a few different options however I saw people with an Leofoto LB-75S. So I thought I would give it ago.

However it doesn’t fit! It’s way too small and just falls through the centre? I thought the RT90C had a 75mm bowl. So why doesn’t this work?

Anyone who’s using one, or any advise?
Do you have the 75 mm bowl installed in the apex ?

I guess this explains things. It’s only the video bowl that’s 75mm. The actual hole is 85mm.

I guess others haven’t got the LB-75S working either.

Attachments

• 4358B8C5-A0F1-47DF-AFF8-55ABE4F3370B.png
    4358B8C5-A0F1-47DF-AFF8-55ABE4F3370B.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 135
Just got mine RT90c yesterday and I think it’s going back. No denying it’s rock sold but it’s way heavier than I want to lug around night
I think your next best option is a Feisol 3372 before you get in the RRS price range, especially if you are concerned about the weight...and who isn't if you are lugging it around in the field.

Reactions: Smith1
I think your next best option is a Feisol 3372 before you get in the RRS price range, especially if you are concerned about the weight...and who isn't if you are lugging it around in the field.

That’s the other one I’ve been eyeing. My buddy has the two vets no name and it seems pretty comparable to the feisol, just have seen any true compassions yet. Just picked up a helion 2 and that put quite the dent in the budget or I would probably have just went with an RRS lol.

It's exactly what I was looking for. Small compact and stout. I wanted something I could strap to my hunting pack for glassing, hold my spotter at matches and shoot off sitting.
Awesome, ill have to add that to my list of contenders also

Awesome, ill have to add that to my list of contenders also
It would be really cool if one of the apex rrs anvil adapters would fit these legs. I had to make the adapter to fit the field optics clamp to mine but the leveling base has enough tension to hold my rifle.

Reactions: Smith1
So I took the dive into a tripod, and based on the wealth of information you can always find on the hide, I landed on the RT90 with a leofoto leveling head. When the always faithful Amazon truck arrived, I opened it to see Amazon decided I needed an Artcise AS90C. “Seems identical, like a re branding from innorel”. Got it all mounted up, seems sturdy for my application. Now off to the range!
9E4D6694-5B65-41FF-969B-1FF4185286CE.jpeg

Last edited:
It would be really cool if one of the apex rrs anvil adapters would fit these legs. I had to make the adapter to fit the field optics clamp to mine but the leveling base has enough tension to hold my rifle.

So along this line , will anyone else’s legs work with the RRS anvil 30 apex conversion ?

So I took the dive into a tripod, and based on the wealth of information you can always find on the hide, I landed on the RT90 with a leofoto leveling head. When the always faithful Amazon truck arrived, I opened it to see Amazon decided I needed an Artcise AS90C. “Seems identical, like a re branding from innorel”. Got it all mounted up, seems sturdy for my application. Now off to the range! View attachment 7592158
Nice. That leveling head has more elevation allowance than I expected.

Have a link to the product page?
And what are you using to clamp to ARCA?

Thanks. I’ve only used a ball head setup and never used a leveling base.

How does one “lock up” the position for stability, or do you keep it somewhat loose to pivot/track and then lean in to create a solid firing position?