• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Imported carbon fiber tripod (RT90C)

If you are sifting through 27 pages of info and are confused, here is the most popular shopping list,

** Innorel RT90C. Amazon sells it. Keep searching, there are multiple sellers. Look for Innorel Store seller with Prime shipping and a couple of days delivery so you are not waiting on a slow boat from China
** RRS Anvil 30 ball head -no adaptor. Available from SOAR division of RRS. If it is out of stock, backorder it. They ship as they make them. Wait is typically short. Or shop for used, not many out there.
** Seriously consider the adaptor plate from @midwestoffroad This plate has lock screws to keep the head from unscrewing off the tripod bowl as you pan horizontally.

Good luck. Just trying to put a list out to reference if you are overwhelmed by the sheer amount of info here like I was. This setup works. Post #1309

Holeeesheet I defeathered about 20 European Starlings and 16 Invasive Sparrows tonight running some Sk Yellowbox and a 22lr mounted to this tripod. What a riot. Shots to 120yds. Only missed 3 birds. *mind blown

Reactions: Blueoval56
Artcise AS90C and a Artcise LB52 ball head.
20201227_173356.jpg

@demolitionman :

How quick and solid is it to get in position and lock everything down tight for a stable shot?
I've run mine twice a the Sporting Rifle Match (10 stages, 6 targets per stage varies 240 to 870y and -5 to +30*).

Just the bowl base and a chicom leveling base. Got my second best score ever the first time around. I got all but 1 stage in the 3 min time limit. Starting from a standing pos, rifle loaded & port arms, nothing deployed - READ bipod folded, tripod folded/collapsed and on the ground in the manner it was carried all day. Shot all from sitting/kneeling.

Reactions: akxx
So just to make sure I'm buying the right tripod...Amazon lists two different ones that seem identical ?...price is the same as well as the advertisement mostly but the ASIN numbers are different ?...anyone know if these are truly identical or is there something I'm missing ? Thanks in advance !!

So just to make sure I'm buying the right tripod...Amazon lists two different ones that seem identical ?...price is the same as well as the advertisement mostly but the ASIN numbers are different ?...anyone know if these are truly identical or is there something I'm missing ? Thanks in advance !!

They appear to be identical. I purchased mine from the second link. Both state they are Innorel stores. One is USA Innorel and the other is Innorel official store. I think you'd be good with either.

Reactions: Anointed1
They appear to be identical. I purchased mine from the second link. Both state they are Innorel stores. One is USA Innorel and the other is Innorel official store. I think you'd be good with either.
Ok...I have to agree because I certainly can't find any real difference. Just thought I better have another set of eyes look at them too 👍

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
I bought mine from the first one. The only difference i saw was the first one specifically called out RT90C, unless I missed something.
Very pleased with mine.

How are the twist locks in cold weather? Have heard reports of them being gritty and almost impossible to move when it gets pretty cold for temperature.

I am looking at getting the LT364c in particular but wouldn’t be opposed to getting the RT90c

How are the twist locks in cold weather? Have heard reports of them being gritty and almost impossible to move when it gets pretty cold for temperature.

I am looking at getting the LT364c in particular but wouldn’t be opposed to getting the RT90c
It gets pretty cold here in CO and went through this past winter without any issues with the twist locks

Reactions: dirtking
Don't flog me.. asking here because while searching I saw a lot of chatter about the Arctise ball head.

Curious if anyone has used the Arctise ball on the hog shadow tripod or any tripod other than the innorel? It's got quite a large OD so wasn't sure if it would mount up OK.

For those with a RT90C other than the anvil 30 (I know these are amazing) what other levelling bases etc have you used successfully? I'm in Australia, so sourcing an adapter plate and the Anvil is a little more challenging (and bloody expensive!)

For those with a RT90C other than the anvil 30 (I know these are amazing) what other levelling bases etc have you used successfully? I'm in Australia, so sourcing an adapter plate and the Anvil is a little more challenging (and bloody expensive!)
I used the leophoto with the quick release and long handle with hook. Works great, it does sometimes need Grease to make it easier to move and not make noise. I think a vendor on here has them now. I ended up paying significantly more than what he has them for and am still very happy with the purchase.

Reactions: avalanche
I used the leophoto with the quick release and long handle with hook. Works great, it does sometimes need Grease to make it easier to move and not make noise. I think a vendor on here has them now. I ended up paying significantly more than what he has them for and am still very happy with the purchase.
Any ideas of the model number (or the vendor on the Hide?)

Thanks!!

Also check out the leofoto LB-75.

Don’t get the S version it won’t work with the RT90C

Depends if you want the adjustment on the top or bottom.

I paired the LB-75 with a sunwayfoto DLC-60L QD plate

Last edited:

ok iknow someone here has tried one

Finally broke down and went this route .
Had the RRS tfct33 in the shopping cart twice , but just couldn’t make myself do it .
Got the anvil 30 and Midwest adapter in hand . Really impressed with the quality of both so far .
RT90C will be here Monday.
$795 vs $1365 . Just couldn’t see it .

I still use my RT90C and like it a lot. I do say after lugging it around on field matches, it has been tempting if that extra $600 is worth the 2lbs of savings. It's not heavy heavy in any means in absolute weight, but when you have a deployed tripod slung up on you to move quickly between stages, it is a 25% weight savings.

I still use my RT90C and like it a lot. I do say after lugging it around on field matches, it has been tempting if that extra $600 is worth the 2lbs of savings. It's not heavy heavy in any means in absolute weight, but when you have a deployed tripod slung up on you to move quickly between stages, it is a 25% weight savings.
I’m in the same boat. Going to the hide cup next week and I’m not looking forward to lugging this bitch around.

@kriller134 and @littlepod I've carried my tripod on field matches for years, so I get it. I've tried carrying it on my pack, over my shoulder, lashed to my pack, etc. I've been working on a very simple solution that works for my uses. Once the second prototype comes in and I test it out, I'll post it on here so you can see if it'll work for you guys

@kriller134 and @littlepod I've carried my tripod on field matches for years, so I get it. I've tried carrying it on my pack, over my shoulder, lashed to my pack, etc. I've been working on a very simple solution that works for my uses. Once the second prototype comes in and I test it out, I'll post it on here so you can see if it'll work for you guys
Yeah I would love to see what you have going on. Post it up when you’re ready.

Reactions: canezach
2 #’s easily shed in lots of places !

Yes, I don't mind carrying the 60 lb pack, those packs are made well and distribute well on my shoulders. But I don't want to keep collapsing my tripod every stage and redeploying it, so trying to find a quick and easy way to haul it from stage to stage, and saving 2# is a good amount on that thing. I got a tripod sling now and basically leave my legs fully deployed, cinch the sling clamps around the legs so they're not spread, and just stray it on my shoulder. It works pretty well now.

Yeah I would love to see what you have going on. Post it up when you’re ready.
I forgot I had pictures of the first test system. Like I said, it's a simple solution. It's basically just a set of nylon handles on a backstrap that attached to one leg. The handles go around the other legs, allowing you to just carry it with the legs set to your preferred height, so when you get to the next position, your tripod is already set. It makes moving from stage to stage pretty quick. The second version is coming with longer handles and velcro straps instead of shock cord.

79F723E6-F4E3-4B5E-894C-DACC7869C777.jpeg

A909447D-D897-406B-AA15-B537DBE1450E.jpeg

My tripod is the only thing I carry in hand between stages at a field match. Sling my rifle and obviously carry my backpack on my back. I carry it fully extended, binocular height, and with binos on the Anvil 30.

I forgot I had pictures of the first test system. Like I said, it's a simple solution. It's basically just a set of nylon handles on a backstrap that attached to one leg. The handles go around the other legs, allowing you to just carry it with the legs set to your preferred height, so when you get to the next position, your tripod is already set. It makes moving from stage to stage pretty quick. The second version is coming with longer handles and velcro straps instead of shock cord.

View attachment 7644850
View attachment 7644851
Awesome solution.

Reactions: canezach

View attachment 7644850
View attachment 7644851
That’s awesome. I like the Velcro idea. How does it balance when you carry it? Do you still have anything attached to the ball head?

That’s awesome. I like the Velcro idea. How does it balance when you carry it? Do you still have anything attached to the ball head?
I don't like leaving my optics on when moving, just because I bump into things. The beauty of the system is you find your own balance point. Got an Anvil or something that makes it more top heavy? Slide the backstrap more towards the head. Running something lighter, or you're taller so the legs are fully extended? Slide it down towards the feet.

i did not get a one of these, but since it is also a topic, i thought i would mention leveling base vs ball head.
i also didn't anticipate high angle shooting, but besides having that option, i also like to run my trip base at an angle.
on flat ground i use 2 back legs at position 1, and and the front out farther at position 2, so the base is tilted forward.
i believe this drives the recoil down the back legs instead of over the top, making it easier for me to stay on target as long as my weight is also behind the rifle with a firm hold. i am not sure i would get enough vertical range with a leveling base using this technique.

@theLBC there is a surprising amount of elevation in the leveling bases I've used. Granted they've all been RRS, so I can't speak to anyone else's base, but they offer a lot more elevation than you'd think. If I remember correctly, the RRS leveling bases offered 17° of inclination or declination. I'll see if I can find the thread, since it was a few years old, but someone had pictures of their rifle mounted at max incline and decline and you can see just how much you actually get

@theLBC there is a surprising amount of elevation in the leveling bases I've used. Granted they've all been RRS, so I can't speak to anyone else's base, but they offer a lot more elevation than you'd think. If I remember correctly, the RRS leveling bases offered 17° of inclination or declination. I'll see if I can find the thread, since it was a few years old, but someone had pictures of their rifle mounted at max incline and decline and you can see just how much you actually get
no doubt there is plenty when the base is level, but i tip the base forward quite a bit, which would leave little up.
anyway, i am used to the lever of the anvil now.

So along this line , will anyone else’s legs work with the RRS anvil 30 apex conversion ?

Can confirm the Inorell RT90C and Artcise AS90C will not work. Not sure if the smaller RT80C/AS80C legs will or not. I’m tempted to order one to try it, but then you are moving into legs which may not be a Sturdy.

This is something I'm currently exploring. Ive got an ambitious friend with a CNC mill to help make things happen.

The current issue is that the leg mounts on the RRS TFCT apex are about 0.938" wide, and the innorel legs require about 1.182”. The simplest solution would be to have approx 1/8" spacers/washers made. The next issue is whether the leg lock notches will work. I don't have an RRS apex in my hand, so the next step is the bite to bullet and order one to start testing.

Anyone know the leg pivot bolt diameter on the RRS TFCT apex?

Last edited:
This is something I'm currently exploring. Ive got an ambitious friend with a CNC mill to help make things happen.

The current issue is that the leg mounts on the RRS apex are about 0.938" wide, and the innorel legs require about 1.181". The simplest solution would be to have approx 1/8" spacers/washers made. The next issue is whether the leg lock notches will work. I don't have an RRS apex in my hand, so the next step is the bite to bullet and order one to start testing.

Anyone know the leg pivot bolt diameter on the RRS apex?
i am not sure what part you are referring to.

i am not sure what part you are referring to.
Picture’s worth a thousand words lol

Additionally, the RT90c leg/pivot bolts are .394” in diameter

Attachments

• 21A28A68-B567-4774-A19B-4931E0ABAD0E.jpeg
    21A28A68-B567-4774-A19B-4931E0ABAD0E.jpeg
    74.5 KB · Views: 91
  • D29E2C44-DE0D-4905-8631-B8E106E3CD28.jpeg
    D29E2C44-DE0D-4905-8631-B8E106E3CD28.jpeg
    444.3 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
that part on the rrs tripod (if that is what you need) is 1.00" near as i can measure, but there are washers too.

maybe my versa is not what you want. i chose this for a higher apex (more stable) since i didn't need the most compact option.

trCapture.JPG

20210612_093918.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: CDNsldr
that part on the rrs tripod (if that is what you need) is 1.00" near as i can measure, but there are washers too.

maybe my versa is not what you want. i chose this for a higher apex (more stable) since i didn't need the most compact option.

View attachment 7645613

View attachment 7645612

Thanks for the info!

For this project to be worthwhile for me, I’d want the TFCT Apex, specifically to be able to pack down to the smallest size possible.

Thanks for the info!

For this project to be worthwhile for me, I’d want the TFCT Apex, specifically to be able to pack down to the smallest size possible.
I think your only option is to get a RRS setup if you want to use the TFCT apex.

I forgot I had pictures of the first test system. Like I said, it's a simple solution. It's basically just a set of nylon handles on a backstrap that attached to one leg. The handles go around the other legs, allowing you to just carry it with the legs set to your preferred height, so when you get to the next position, your tripod is already set.
Nice, thanks for the idea! I used Velcro straps and added some strips of Toughtek I had leftover from my shooting bags.

Attachments

• PXL_20210613_153240427.jpg
    PXL_20210613_153240427.jpg
    296.3 KB · Views: 86
  • PXL_20210613_153753062.jpg
    PXL_20210613_153753062.jpg
    690.2 KB · Views: 85
Nice, thanks for the idea! I used Velcro straps and added some strips of Toughtek I had leftover from my shooting bags.
My version 2.0 uses velcro. It allows me to slide the ends of the backstrap closet together if I need to access the locking collars

if you want to save on carrying straps, you might have some ripoffs or similar adjustable straps for snow skis.
i had some with my ski gear and i haven't been snow skiing in a while.
if not, you can prolly get them as cheap as 10 bucks.

unigear-300x300.jpg

if you want to save on carrying straps, you might have some ripoffs or similar adjustable straps for snow skis.
i had some with my ski gear and i haven't been snow skiing in a while.
if not, you can prolly get them as cheap as 10 bucks.

unigear-300x300.jpg
I used something very similar. The only thing I didn't care for was you had to gather the legs together to wrap the velcro strap around them towards the feet. It wasn't bad, but it was a little unwieldy trying to keep the tripod steady and upright with the legs together, or you had to put the tripod upside down/lay it down.

I fear that once you get it to fit, it won't latch properly as the ledges are different. I once had the same idea but abandoned it. Eventually I purchased an RRS tripod and compared the two visually. There was enough difference and my interest waned enough that I never even considered further. But I'd still be curious if someone could make it work. It would save you a substantial amount of money and I believe it would be a killer set up.

Reactions: CDNsldr