• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Imported carbon fiber tripod (RT90C)

I'm trying to wrap my head around Anvil 30 working with RT90C. You can just get the Anvil 30 head only and screw it on the RT90C with some loctite and it should work right? Is there any benefit besides the potential of the Anvil 30 coming loose, in getting the Anvil30 with either Series 2 or 3 adapter and going the custom plate route? Will it be more stable that way?

If put on the original plate RT90C, then I think that Anvil30 will turn even with loctite.

Your mileage may vary, but I'm three matches deep with red loctite on the Anvil-30, and no issue so far. I'll update if anything changes, but it's been fine on the included base to this point.

SRM1.jpg

Anyone just used this:

Attached to supplied video bowl? Allowing pic rail or RRS connection......

Anyone just used this:

Attached to supplied video bowl? Allowing pic rail or RRS connection......
I use this

Has anyone attached a RRS BH55 to this tripod? What do I need to attach one if you can thanks!

Should mount right up. Nothing special. Uses the standard threaded bolt and then there's several Allen head screw on the tripod mounting base to help Lock it in place.

Got the tripod and tried it over the weekend. It's pretty stable and the leveling base that came with it is usable just not a whole lotta adjustment and it doesn't lock. With Anvil30 it should be a really nice setup for matches and shooting for fun or at the range. For hunting and carrying around it's little too big and heavy.
If it ends up holding for a while then it's a good buy for under $300.
IMG_20200208_121908783_HDR.jpg

Reactions: TACC and SuperBoot
The RT80-c (or newer version on amazon AS80c) is much lighter and not bad for field use. Give it a try if the RT90C is too heavy

Reactions: TACC
Has anyone used the AS80c, looks like an interesting compromise between ruggedness and lightness.

I have one and it's not bad. Mind you, I just got it a few days ago and attached a GNN FB-52 and pig saddle. I have not used it yet at the range or in the field. It seems pretty solid though once I have a rifle tightly mounted in the pig saddle. It is pretty darn light. I believe the tripod is about 3 lbs by itself + 1.5 lb ball head + 1.5 lbs pig saddle. The RT90c is almost 6.3 lbs without a head.

Reactions: scwhit
Has anyone used the AS80c, looks like an interesting compromise between ruggedness and lightness.
I have one in, and it’s a nice little tripod. A lot skinnier than the RT90, but just as tall and adjustable. It’s pretty light in comparison to the 90. Dang nice piece of gear for $200

I’m thinking about buying this tripod for primarily night hunting and spotting/rear support at matches.

For night hunting (most shots within a couple hundred yards) would the included leveling base and a pig or hog saddle be plenty steady?

If not steady enough I guess I would look to buy an anvil 30 or some other better leveling base that is compatible.

Before I get e-buttfvcked by you guys has anyone tried the Innorel RT90C tripod? It's carbon fiber with 40mm tubes. Max height is about 63" and low about 7" and can support 80+ pounds. They are going for $290 or so imported from China.
Yes I'm all about supporting vendors and keeping money state side but if any vendor can sell me a similarly spec'ed tripod for the same price I'm game. Two Vets sells a similar one (40 Mike Mike) and no offense but $200 difference can buy me a shit load of other stuff. Yes yes.. RRS buy once cry once. I honestly I think I'll be fine with a $300 tripod for now.
I have one. I use it for a spotter. It's legit. I recommend it.

I’m thinking about buying this tripod for primarily night hunting and spotting/rear support at matches.

For night hunting (most shots within a couple hundred yards) would the included leveling base and a pig or hog saddle be plenty steady?

If not steady enough I guess I would look to buy an anvil 30 or some other better leveling base that is compatible.

the leveling base it comes with isn’t very smooth. I bought a 46mm leofoto ball head and it’s pretty awesome

Reactions: TACC
the leveling base it comes with isn’t very smooth. I bought a 46mm leofoto ball head and it’s pretty awesome

I will have to check that head out. Been looking at the Desmond 55mm one as well.

know of any other good leveling bases that would work with this tripod? Seems the RRS Ta-3 doesn’t fit quite right

Reactions: Hondo64d
I think so, I tried to buy directly from Innorel themselves on Amazon but they were out of stock. I found a used, like new one directly from the Amazon warehouse.

How flat does the rt80c go? I have a PVA comp 40 which looks very similar to the rt90c in specs, but the 80 would be 3# less in my pack.
The 80 is very light compared to the 90. It can go pretty low, to the point where there’s just a few inches between the handle of the leveling base and ground.

Reactions: khuber84
Trying to catch up on this thread and finally ready to make my purchase on a Tripod. I am looking at the RT90C with a Anvil 3. What series Anvil 30 should I buy? Not quite sure how these heads attach to the bowl, etc. Is there a bowl adapter to make it locking so I don't have it get loose with counter-clockwise panning?

Thank you!

Reactions: SD Carpenter
Trying to catch up on this thread and finally ready to make my purchase on a Tripod. I am looking at the RT90C with a Anvil 3. What series Anvil 30 should I buy? Not quite sure how these heads attach to the bowl, etc. Is there a bowl adapter to make it locking so I don't have it get loose with counter-clockwise panning?

Thank you!
Go back a few pages and read up. You can get just the anvil and ask if @midwestoffroad will make you the bowl adapter.

Reactions: littlepod
Just received my tripod, holy cow this thing feels robust. Excited to use it soon!

Last edited:
I ordered mine 10 days ago, it’s delayed in Hong Kong, you think I’ll ever get it with the corona virus? Think I should cancel my order (if I can) is there an American company that has already imported them?

Anyone used this tripod (RT90C) and an RRS of similar specs or another tripod like a 40 mike mike from two vets? Yes. I understand RRS is almost 4 times the cost of this tripod but I want to know how a $300 tripod compares to the "top of the line" and a mid-level $600 tripod. If the RRS is a 10/10 is the RT90c a 5/10.......... 9/10?

Anyone used this tripod (RT90C) and an RRS of similar specs or another tripod like a 40 mike mike from two vets? Yes. I understand RRS is almost 4 times the cost of this tripod but I want to know how a $300 tripod compares to the "top of the line" and a mid-level $600 tripod. If the RRS is a 10/10 is the RT90c a 5/10.......... 9/10?
I have. My RC90T with the leveling base that it comes with vs RRS 33 with the Anvil30. Leaving aside the Anvil 30 vs the RC90T leveling base (see GT3RS vs a tricycle), both tripods felt very solid to shoot off of from multiple positions when the bases were locked . But the RC90T is 2x heavier than the RRS. Makes you wonder how much more solid the RRS would be if it was almost 7lbs. So imho you cant compare the RC90T to RRS because it is not apples to apples. Maybe RC80T is a better comparison.

I use a tripod occasionally for fun so I probably will not get a RRS tripod in the enar future but I ordered the Anvil30 while driving home after using it.

Reactions: cdeiglmeier
I have. My RC90T with the leveling base that it comes with vs RRS 33 with the Anvil30. Leaving aside the Anvil 30 vs the RC90T leveling base (see GT3RS vs a tricycle), both tripods felt very solid to shoot off of from multiple positions when the bases were locked . But the RC90T is 2x heavier than the RRS. Makes you wonder how much more solid the RRS would be if it was almost 7lbs. So imho you cant compare the RC90T to RRS because it is not apples to apples. Maybe RC80T is a better comparison.

I use a tripod occasionally for fun so I probably will not get a RRS tripod in the enar future but I ordered the Anvil30 while driving home after using it.

Ah gotcha so the RT90c is more stable because it's got weight on it's side. I didn't really look at the weights and register the RRS was that much lighter.

Ah gotcha so the RT90c is more stable because it's got weight on it's side. I didn't really look at the weights and register the RRS was that much lighter.

It depends on which RRS tripod you're talking about and which head. The TFCT34 MK2 Anvil 30 is lighter weight in the head and base. It's not necessarily the legs that weigh less, it is every part. Not to mention the Anvil 30 collapses to a smaller diameter.

RRS just re-charged my card. Hopefully I'll be seeing an Anvil 30 soon. No email from them though.

Well good to know. Hopefully they just send another out. Other than that it is pretty solid for the money. I am still gonna run a rrs universal leveling base, but this ballhead is a nice option.
I too am running the N52 and my XLR Envy pro fits with no problems. I’m not sure why your rails wouldn’t fit...

Totally forgot to update this. I returned the ballhead and was sent a new one. This one works perfectly. The original one just wouldn't open fully. The new one is good to go and amazon made it pretty easy to swap.

Reactions: Radar20
Totally forgot to update this. I returned the ballhead and was sent a new one. This one works perfectly. The original one just wouldn't open fully. The new one is good to go and amazon made it pretty easy to swap.
I replied to the wrong message, but can’t figure out how to delete from my phone... glad it worked out

We all missed out on a killer deal on an RRS tripod and leveling head this weekend. I think the combo sold for around $700. That's not far from what I'm into w/ the RT90C and the same RRS leveling head.

Did one you guys grab it by chance?

We all missed out on a killer deal on an RRS tripod and leveling head this weekend. I think the combo sold for around $700. That's not far from what I'm into w/ the RT90C and the same RRS leveling head.

Did one you guys grab it by chance?
Wow that was a great deal. Any idea if they'll run a similar sale in the future?

Wow that was a great deal. Any idea if they'll run a similar sale in the future?

It wasn't a "sale" but a used unit a forum member was selling. It started out higher but he kept lowering it and it looks like someone grabbed it when it hit $730 asking. I'm assuming it just got los in the New Posts list and no one saw it sooner. The leveling head was an older unit but it is good to go. I have one myself. If fact, its going up for sale soon as my Anvil 30 just showed up. :geek:

You need to PM good deals on tripods :) I'm in search of one.

I didn't see it until it was sold.

You're first in line for the leveling head, as stated earlier, if you're still interested. Let me know.

I didn't see it until it was sold.

You're first in line for the leveling head, as stated earlier, if you're still interested. Let me know.
I saw that one... it was an older RRS 22X tripod with a the extension column and an older leveling head. $700 was a good deal, but then I considered just buying innorel w/ anvil 30 would be a better buy.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
It wasn't a "sale" but a used unit a forum member was selling. It started out higher but he kept lowering it and it looks like someone grabbed it when it hit $730 asking. I'm assuming it just got los in the New Posts list and no one saw it sooner. The leveling head was an older unit but it is good to go. I have one myself. If fact, its going up for sale soon as my Anvil 30 just showed up. :geek:
Ahh Thanks for the info!

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
My 90c arrived today. I ordered it on 2/20. The tripod is robust, sturdy, not chintzy feeling at all. The weight is not noticeably insane, but on the other hand, @ 6.5 lbs, it weighs as much as my Barrett fieldcraft 30-06 and 1/2 lb more than my model 7 in a McMillan stock. The head that comes with it is useable. I will change it at some point when more money comes available. Pretty much a either locked or loose head. I might play around with some rubber o-rings placed in the handle to see if I can improve it for my use and add a bit of “restriction” w/o locking it out. Without the leveling base, it can basically get flat to the ground. I’m sure the additional weight contributes to the stability whereas something like a RRS would be at least as stable but lighter. Again for why I purchased this, the weight doesn’t matter to me. . If a person is really in a tight budget and given the weight, the hog saddle folks’ tripod might be an equal performer at a similar weight even though it’s an alloys d a less expensive price.
I am pleased with my purchase at this point. It meets my expectations for my budget and best of all I don’t feel like I got fucked in the ass.

My 90c arrived today. I ordered it on 2/20. The tripod is robust, sturdy, not chintzy feeling at all. The weight is not noticeably insane, but on the other hand, @ 6.5 lbs, it weighs as much as my Barrett fieldcraft 30-06 and 1/2 lb more than my model 7 in a McMillan stock. The head that comes with it is useable. I will change it at some point when more money comes available. Pretty much a either locked or loose head. I might play around with some rubber o-rings placed in the handle to see if I can improve it for my use and add a bit of “restriction” w/o locking it out. Without the leveling base, it can basically get flat to the ground. I’m sure the additional weight contributes to the stability whereas something like a RRS would be at least as stable but lighter. Again for why I purchased this, the weight doesn’t matter to me. . If a person is really in a tight budget and given the weight, the hog saddle folks’ tripod might be an equal performer at a similar weight even though it’s an alloys d a less expensive price.
I am pleased with my purchase at this point. It meets my expectations for my budget and best of all I don’t feel like I got fucked in the ass.

That was the only hesitation I had... RRS tripod 4.5lbs, Innorel RT90C, 6.5lbs. I know that's basically 40% more weight, but not sure what the additional 2lbs really means, for $500.

Feisol tripods are similar... $575 for their tripods, and they weigh 4.1

Only thing I can see again is the 2lb differeence and $300ish.

I just placed an order for RT90C from Amazon but due to Covid19, might not get here until April... If anyone is looking to upgrade theirs, ping me :)

Reactions: C.R. Adams