• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Imported carbon fiber tripod (RT90C)

So I do have to say I am pleasantly surprised with the customer support from Innorel USA. I reached out to Amazon and they connected me with Innorel. Within 24 hrs they reached out and asked for a few photos and they are sending me 2 complete leg sections tomorrow. I am interested to see where they will ship from. It does speak on how its smart to purchase from Amazon, as they stated if Innorel didn't respond they would take care of me.

Just wanted to let anyone know that might be leary about if you have any issues.

Where is the best place to buy an rt-90c
Artcise at Amazon. I got mine last week and I'm really impressed--and this was made in China!
CF10layer-75mmBOWLetc1.JPG

Open to suggestions....here is what I am trying to do:

Mount a Swaro spotter along with a Sig LRF on the tripod for spotting/ranging use. I would like to be able to remove those fairly quickly and use the tripod with either a HOG saddle or a RRS mount to shoot from in a hunting situation.
I have to heads. one being an affordable 55mm ball head attached to the plate that came with my 90C. I have my binos and range finder attached to an ~8" arca rail that i slide onto the ball head. the rang finder is attached via a small multi ball arm.

When i want to switch over to a head for my rifle, i can either simply remove the arca rail or i can remove the who kit and kaboodle by unhooking the plate/ball head/arca combined and slap in my RRS anvil 30 unit with the plates being sold in this thread for a solid as a brick shit house tripod pedestal unit.

Attachments

• E99C9F10-2EC8-4167-8EF7-3B99EAFFAA46.jpeg
    E99C9F10-2EC8-4167-8EF7-3B99EAFFAA46.jpeg
    367.3 KB · Views: 186
  • 859960A7-DCAA-4C6C-B1F1-E481C5B8AD0F.jpeg
    859960A7-DCAA-4C6C-B1F1-E481C5B8AD0F.jpeg
    363.3 KB · Views: 187
Reactions: CageFighter
I have been using mine for a few months. So far very satisfied.
The rifle pictured weighs 20 lb and was very stable on the RT90.
E9A60453-334E-4AF5-A112-B2118BA06B1E.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Luke
@seansmd what are those mounts under the ball heads... that’s perfect!
They sell them at Abel:

They sell them at Abel:

Great thank you for helping me spend some $$$$$

Reactions: seansmd
I must have gotten a Monday or Friday tripod.
Drove 3 hours to match, pulled brand new tripod out of my truck, this happened.
Taped it up and tried to move on with the match. Made it about an hour. Then wind blew it over directly backwards and shattered the ocular glass on my spotter.

Emailed the amazon seller I got it from and they are sending me a complete leg for replacement and 55mm ball head as compensation.
Repaired with epoxy, but still, what about the other two that haven’t failed...yet.

I should have just left well enough alone and stuck with the 40 mike mike for all my needs instead of having two and trying to save it for big matches.
Buy once cry once.

Attachments

• 97CA7C28-93D7-41CA-8C38-24149C46C42D.jpeg
    97CA7C28-93D7-41CA-8C38-24149C46C42D.jpeg
    414.7 KB · Views: 246
  • 0ECE97A0-1682-4D81-8821-3BF86854A0EF.jpeg
    0ECE97A0-1682-4D81-8821-3BF86854A0EF.jpeg
    386 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:
What do those tables do better than cheap camera stuff (besides picnics)?

Just more options for mounting optics/accessories

I must have gotten a Monday or Friday tripod.
Drove 3 hours to match, pulled tripod out of my trunk, this happened.
Taped it up and tried to move on with the match. Made it about an hour. Then wind blew it over directly backwards and shattered glass on my spotter.

Emailed the amazon seller I got it from and they are sending me a complete leg for replacement.
Repaired with epoxy, but still, what about the other two that haven’t failed...yet.
man sorry your spotter got messed up. This is the exact thing that happened to me. Innorel is shipping me Replacement leg sections. Should be about 10 days. Luckily mine was during practice and I immediately stopped using it.

If you spend $850 on a tripod setup, lose a spotter and have to wait for parts and dick with repairing your legs....

What exactly did you save over buying the RRS tripod with Anvil combo in the first place?

For comparison at time of this post, a TFCT 24L or TFCT 33 with Anvil is $1365 retail.

If you spend $850 on a tripod setup, lose a spotter and have to wait for parts and dick with repairing your legs....

What exactly did you save over buying the RRS tripod with Anvil combo in the first place?

For comparison at time of this post, a TFCT 24L or TFCT 33 with Anvil is $1365 retail.
I don't think anyone was expecting rrs quality from a cheaper/inferior tripod. And neither of us complained about it. In my case, alot of people have had great experience from the Rt90c($300). I was not expecting it to be perfect and when it failed, I was not really surprised. Yes I know, buy once cry once, but with 3 kids some aspects of my gear have to have a limited budget. I am only in $350 total for my complete tripod setup.

Reactions: 260284
Does anyone know where I can source a replacement hook like the one supplied with the Innorel RT90C for a reasonable cost?

I have already contacted Innorel USA directly via Amazon Messaging but have not heard back yet.

I don't think anyone was expecting rrs quality from a cheaper/inferior tripod. And neither of us complained about it. In my case, alot of people have had great experience from the Rt90c($300). I was not expecting it to be perfect and when it failed, I was not really surprised. Yes I know, buy once cry once, but with 3 kids some aspects of my gear have to have a limited budget. I am only in $350 total for my complete tripod setup.

I think we're off a bit. Let me try a different way.

I was under the impression the optimal setup here was ~$850. Can't find that post rn but I'll go off what I see right here:

RT90C - $300
ANVIL - $350
plate - $unk

Even without the plate I'm at $650. So I'll stay there for now.

A standard spotter for entry level around d here is $500ish for a Vortex or Bushnell with reticle.

If I have a tripod that fails, needs repair, and causes a critical failure of a spotter... then I can add those direct cost and my labor cost (i.e. time lost with your 3 kids or something else that gives you the fizz).

So now I'm at $1150 with the spotter, the week or so to get parts, an hour or more to install parts and STILL have to price in that pesky adapter plate.

Or

You could have bought one of the aforementioned RRS tripods, had it ready to go out of the box, weigh significantly less, not have to repair or replace your gear, save your frustration and been much more confident and happy with the fact you employed American innovation and invested in American manufacturing.

So I'll ask again:

For those that buy this tripod setup, which is an admittedly inferior clone of RRS tripod and then it ultimately breaks during a critical moment, causing further failure and downtime -- how do you reconcile these "savings"? Is it purely on your initial retail cost?

Seems like a big waste of time and source of frustration. Plus the opportunity cost associated with not keeping your dollars invested in an American company that produces a superior product.

Reactions: SourMash
I think we're off a bit. Let me try a different way.

I was under the impression the optimal setup here was ~$850. Can't find that post rn but I'll go off what I see right here:

RT90C - $300
ANVIL - $350
plate - $unk

Even without the plate I'm at $650. So I'll stay there for now.

A standard spotter for entry level around d here is $500ish for a Vortex or Bushnell with reticle.

If I have a tripod that fails, needs repair, and causes a critical failure of a spotter... then I can add those direct cost and my labor cost (i.e. time lost with your 3 kids or something else that gives you the fizz).

So now I'm at $1150 with the spotter, the week or so to get parts, an hour or more to install parts and STILL have to price in that pesky adapter plate.

Or

You could have bought one of the aforementioned RRS tripods, had it ready to go out of the box, weigh significantly less, not have to repair or replace your gear, save your frustration and been much more confident and happy with the fact you employed American innovation and invested in American manufacturing.

So I'll ask again:

For those that buy this tripod setup, which is an admittedly inferior clone of RRS tripod and then it ultimately breaks during a critical moment, causing further failure and downtime -- how do you reconcile these "savings"? Is it purely on your initial retail cost?

Seems like a big waste of time and source of frustration. Plus the opportunity cost associated with not keeping your dollars invested in an American company that produces a superior product.
Dude, I am not arguing with you. I totally agree that buying a rrs is the way to go. I am planning on buying one soon. I also am a huge pro American manufacturing person, I work in the manufacturing industry. I just happened to purchase a Chinese tripod....

Remember this is a thread on the topic of this tripod. I wanted one right now and am saving for a rrs. I have a rt90c and their ballhead that I got off Amazon for right around $350(not an anvil). That allows me to practice positional shooting and have something sturdy to spot. And I only posted on here to warn people about a failure point. And honestly alot of guys have had great experience with this tripod. Its just a gamble and is the person willing to take it.

Again I agree with you...

I'm seeing hard to find in stock or over $400. Which is why I'm asking where guys got theirs recently and how much
Order from Thermal Optics. Free shipping no tax and in stock. If not in stock they get orders in every few weeks. I spoke with the owner and he is a SUPER nice guy and willing to stock any RRS items if there is demand.

No doubt the RRS is a better quality tripod ( and is Us made ). However they can and do break/wear out just like any other tool we use. For some people the RRS is worth 300% more, for others it’s not.

I think we all agree. Let's switch back to just talking about the tripod. On a funny note, I have no clue what they are sending me as a replacement. In the broken English, they have stated they are sending me like 4 complete leg with accessories. I fixed the leg lock in 5 mins. So everything will just be spare parts. But for peace of mind, Innorel will take care of you if something brakes.

Reactions: C.R. Adams
Mine arrived yesterday a day earlier than expected and I had the same mounting experience you did. I’d highly recommend this to any that are on the fence!

Looks like @midwestoffroad is going to be in the shop a lot this Summer! :eek::)

Uh I just ordered mine Tuesday and it came yesterday along with my Anvil 30. Anvil 30 screwed right to the base that comes with it.

My Midwest plate will be here Mon/Tue

Last edited:
How do folks here feel about mounting an anvil 30 to a Hog Saddle/Shadowtech CF4 or 0311G? I'm 10/10 for sure on the anvil 30, used one recently, but I'm super split on what tripod to use. I will hunt with this so I'd like to steer away from the leveling base tripods for packed size. Holler if you have any recommendations for what tripod to mount to the anvil 30. CF is a plus, under 4 lbs is a plus, and no level base is a plus for pack size. Thanks all!

How do folks here feel about mounting an anvil 30 to a Hog Saddle/Shadowtech CF4 or 0311G? I'm 10/10 for sure on the anvil 30, used one recently, but I'm super split on what tripod to use. I will hunt with this so I'd like to steer away from the leveling base tripods for packed size. Holler if you have any recommendations for what tripod to mount to the anvil 30. CF is a plus, under 4 lbs is a plus, and no level base is a plus for pack size. Thanks all!
You should check out RSS's SOAR tripods. Im no expert but I think they made those for the anvil and don't have quite the bulky leveling base the innorel has.

You should check out RSS's SOAR tripods. Im no expert but I think they made those for the anvil and don't have quite the bulky leveling base the innorel has.
I'd love to but I don't have that kind of money. I'm happy to drop the $350 on the anvil, but need to stick around $350 for the tripod legs too.

Found the leofoto ls364c and it's starting to look very attractive.

I'd love to but I don't have that kind of money. I'm happy to drop the $350 on the anvil, but need to stick around $350 for the tripod legs too.

Found the leofoto ls364c and it's starting to look very attractive.

Be sure to budget enough time for repairs, bourbon for the headaches and enough self congratulations to remind yourself of how much money you saved when it inevitably falls apart, breaks your gear, blows your hunt, drops your shot and makes you second guess your desire to save a few pennies.

Be sure to budget enough time for repairs, bourbon for the headaches and enough self congratulations to remind yourself of how much money you saved when it inevitably falls apart, breaks your gear, blows your hunt, drops your shot and makes you second guess your desire to save a few pennies.

Do you have an RT90c? Do you have anything to say regarding the RT90c? Or are you just in here starting shit cause you want to start shit? Nobody cares if you think its a good or bad buy. Every one has its uses, and place.

Do you have an RT90c? Do you have anything to say regarding the RT90c? Or are you just in here starting shit cause you want to start shit? Nobody cares if you think its a good or bad buy. Every one has its uses, and place.

I'm out.

Well screw me for not even being able to afford a $1400 tripod. I'm trying to find a somewhat happy medium of the functionality I experienced recently on a full rrs rig, but know I can't spend that money. Not now, or if I save, it's too big an ask. I'll put the money into the anvil but need cheaper legs.

The tripod in this thread is appealing but the apex is too large for a backpack. Trying to see if anyone has used the leofoto ranger series with the smaller apex but same legs some have found to be stable.

Reactions: Rant Durden
Well screw me for not even being able to afford a $1400 tripod. I'm trying to find a somewhat happy medium of the functionality I experienced recently on a full rrs rig, but know I can't spend that money. Not now, or if I save, it's too big an ask. I'll put the money into the anvil but need cheaper legs.

The tripod in this thread is appealing but the apex is too large for a backpack. Trying to see if anyone has used the leofoto ranger series with the smaller apex but same legs some have found to be stable.
Dude, get what you can afford and will work for you. I myself would rather spend my extra money on my rifle/optics/ammo than spend an extra 500-800 on a tripod. I am not knocking RRS, if I had the extra money I would pick one up...and that is my plan. Hell i used alot cheaper tripods in Aghan and Iraq and had no problems. But putting someone down for needing to stay under a budget is just plain stupid. It would be different if you were expecting RRS quality/support and buying a cheaper product, but you are going into it with the correct expectations.

Don't pay attention to the few that will put people down for not buying the top tier gear. No one knows each other's personal situations that drive their decisions. Also, I am pretty sure someone was using a PIG 0311 tripod up until this year....so i don't know where these comments are coming from.

your desire to save a few pennies.

i-do-not-think-it-means-what-you-think-it-means.jpeg

few
pronoun, plural in construction
Save Word
\ ˈfyü \
Definition of few
(Entry 1 of 3)
: not many persons or things few were presentfew of his stories are true

few
adjective
Definition of few (Entry 2 of 3)
1: consisting of or amounting to only a small number one of our few pleasures
2: at least some but indeterminately small in number —used with acaught a few fish
few and far between
: few in number and infrequently met : RARE

few
noun, plural in construction
Definition of few (Entry 3 of 3)
1: a small number of units or individuals a few of them
2: a special limited number the discriminating few

I ordered the adapter plate from Mid West, and received it last week. I have the RT80 tripod and it is not needed, and will not work on it. Anyone need one of the adapters?

Anyone have an old TA-U-LC universal leveling head they aren’t using and willing to part with? I could go Anvil with the MWOR plate but majority of my tripod usage will be spotting with Binos and I think the leveling head is more optimized for that than the Anvil is.

Anyone have an old TA-U-LC universal leveling head they aren’t using and willing to part with? I could go Anvil with the MWOR plate but majority of my tripod usage will be spotting with Binos and I think the leveling head is more optimized for that than the Anvil is.
I know a couple guys that have them for sale. I will ask if they still have them and to contact you. I am trying to decide between the gen 2 universal leveling base or anvil

Reactions: just browsing
So does anyone know if parts are available or who to contact? One of the nylon sleeves in the large leg is cracked and occasionally comes off. Not horrible but I would like to replace if possible.