• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Impressed by Bushnell?!

Received an answer on this back from product management and LOW. All DMR II & HDMR II non-illuminated have been 50 yards. HDMR-II CR is 25 yards. DMR II Illuminated are 75 yards.

So if 50-yard is what you're after, the DMR II G3 or HDMR II is what you're after. 25 and you'll need the HDMR II CR. If you need illumination, then you're looking at 75 yards.

Holy smoke, midway is almost giving those away. Any reason why such a big discounted price on them? Are new ones coming out soon?

I ordered a DMR II from midway. Figured for the price it’s worth a shot. I’ve had good luck with bushnell. I still have one of the first gen H59 HDMR’s on a gasser and an LRTS that’s been my yote hunting scope for almost 4 years now.

UPS just dropped off my new DMR II. My first impressions are that the glass is brighter than my PST GEN II. The eyebox is also more flexible. Its beefier than the vortex (34mm vs 30mm main tube, 34oz vs 31oz). I like the throw lever for magnification and I also like the 3.5 lower magnification. The glass at 21x is noticeably clearer than the PST at 25x.

Last edited:
Reactions: ken4570tc in WY
Yeah screw it, I bought a DMR2 as well!
To piggy back on being impressed by Bushnell. In addition to this DMR2 that I'll get, I also have a Bushnell SMRS pro 1-6.5, 1-8.5, and a Forge 4.5-27 (I think that's the mag range?). The LPVOs are absolutely outstanding for the price $600 & $670. I think unfortunately at their original cost of nearly $2k they were DOA. However below $1k they are really great, only down sides are the lack of daylight bright reticle and the 34mm 1-8.5 is a chonker.

I haven't played too much with the Forge but it seems really well built. The eyebox/relief are pretty good in my short time playing with it.

The only Bushnell I didn't like was the Nitro 3-12, it definitely had the paper towel roll effect going on, extremely limited FOV that really made it seem like you were peering through a tube versus having your eyesight amplified like other scopes. I know when the Nitros were being blown out everyone was jumping on them, for the $200 price they were more than adequate, but I definitely would have been upset if I paid upwards of $500.

Best course of action, just wait until Bushnell decided to eliminate a scope series and buy them at a fraction of the original price from Doug @ Cameraland, Midway, or Euro optic 😁

That’s kind of the problem bushnell has. The lower end stuff drives down what the consumer will pay

The lrhs 3-12 and lrtsi 3-12 are like that.

Near the top of their class as practical rifle scopes that a lot of people overlooked on release because of the bushy name.. myself included

Then you pick one up for a song, run one hard for 4+ years with no bobbles

then trip for greener pastures and realize George and the boys did a damn fine job and they are hard to replace.

Stoked to get on the lrhs 2 or whatever George and the boys cooked up. Better glass won’t suck.

Anyone have a favorite lens cover that will protect the scope, is functional, and won't break the bank?

I use the provided bikini. I always destroy flip caps, even the good ones, on a ladder or some prop, but good cheap ones are the Vortex defenders. You can also tape or zip tie the sleeve for no slippage.

Reactions: Hollywood 6mm
Illuminated is 75 yards.

Liking it so far. Had a mob of deer at 625 at fading light.. surprises how well this one is at down to 4x or so. Tunnels less then previous gen.

Mag ring is stiff

Glass is plenty good enough. Definately a step below pro.. price reflects this.

Eyebox is very forgiving in depth at mid mag range. That’s a huge plus

Parallax is forgiving

Like the off spot between each illumination setting

Elevation turrets is a bit less tactile then i’d Like.

Pretty short. Just a tad longer then swfa 3-9

Illumination is good.

It’s a tank, and wide.

It’s also 20 below so field time will be a bit short for a minute. No gloves needed tho.

Just got the DMR2 in, seems nice!

Attachments

• 20210215_160357.jpg
    20210215_160357.jpg
    542 KB · Views: 73
Just sold the PST Gen II I replaced with the DMR II. $805 on ebay plus shipping. Thrilled with the switch out and made a profit to boot.

Received an answer on this back from product management and LOW. All DMR II & HDMR II non-illuminated have been 50 yards. HDMR-II CR is 25 yards. DMR II Illuminated are 75 yards.

So if 50-yard is what you're after, the DMR II G3 or HDMR II is what you're after. 25 and you'll need the HDMR II CR. If you need illumination, then you're looking at 75 yards.
Just a heads up that there are some oddballs floating around as well. Some of the first DMRii samples that came in were sold at the retail store and they had the 25yd parallax. Some were also given to a few Federal employees and sponsored shooters. These are awesome for rimfire since they have the g3 reticle but can still parallax at 25.

Just a heads up that there are some oddballs floating around as well. Some of the first DMRii samples that came in were sold at the retail store and they had the 25yd parallax. Some were also given to a few Federal employees and sponsored shooters. These are awesome for rimfire since they have the g3 reticle but can still parallax at 25.
I had an email from Bushnell last week explaining they did a limited run of the Elite-tactical scopes with a 25 yard paralex.
I think my Elite-tactical scopes are pretty hard to beat for the money.

A lot of people fail to realize that Bushnell was a world renowned optics makes until the wrong CEO came around.
That ruined their reputation which we all know is something very hard to recover from.
Since they've reordered their top people they stand a chance of regaining trust.

I had an email from Bushnell last week explaining they did a limited run of the Elite-tactical scopes with a 25 yard paralex.
I think my Elite-tactical scopes are pretty hard to beat for the money.

A lot of people fail to realize that Bushnell was a world renowned optics makes until the wrong CEO came around.
That ruined their reputation which we all know is something very hard to recover from.
Since they've reordered their top people they stand a chance of regaining trust.
Yeah they're a good value and there will always be a balance between selling low cost scopes and high end ones.
They recently did a run of DMR2's that parallax at 25. They called these HDMRii CR since they have the Horus reticle and are "close range". There was also a small run years ago that can parallax at 25 with the G3 reticle but those are extremely hard to find.