• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

IMR 4350 vs H4350

Re: IMR 4350 vs H4350

Difference is burn rate.

H is a shorter than I.

Which one is better? Depends on what you are loading.

Maybe XMR-4350 should be thrown into the mix also?

Not sure if this has any relevance for you, but here is what I experienced in a custom 7-08.

I started with IMR and moved to H for the following reasons:

- I had a very accurate and stable load with IMR, however it was a bit slow even though I was near max charge. The H gave me nearly equal accuracy and velocity at the same exact load. However, it also allowed me to go quite a bit higher on my charge weight. As a result, I am now pushing the 162 amax at 2830fps using 48gr of H, where I was at 2665fps with IMR using 45gr. Couldn't reach those speeds with IMR before hitting pressure.

- H seems more temp stable compared to IMR.

- The smaller granules of the H flows better than IMR through my ChargeMaster.

- Because the granules are smaller on the H, I was able to fit more powder in the case without hitting a compressed load.

They are totally different powders, and are made in different countries. It depends on the caliber and bullet for the powder used on which is better. I like IMR4350 better with certain larger calibers (30-06 based), and H4350 in smaller calibers (260, 7-08). H4350 is slicker than goose shit, and flows almost too good. It often trickles too much out of a chargemaster. IMR 4350 has longer kernels, and flows good in a chargemaster.