• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes In a market for a new scope, what would you choose?

?

• ATACR™ 5-25x56 F1 - MIL-XT

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • ATACR™ 5-25x56 F1 - MIL-R™ F1 Reticle

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • B.E.A.S.T. 5-25x56 F1 - MIL-R™ MIL-XT

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • B.E.A.S.T. 5-25x56 F1 - MIL-R™ F1 Reticle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other - State In Your Post

Votes: 12 35.3%

• Total voters

upsdownsideways

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2020
Back in the day, I was a Leupold fan. I started looking at Nightforce and decided to give them a shot (ha ha), but I am up in the air on two things;

1) What scope (I haven narrowed down to two)

and

2) What reticles?

I prefer not having the sensory overload that TREMOR 3 provides (I had looked through a friends scope and found it to be a bit overwhelming)

ZCO gets my vote as well. Same price and a little better in all aspects as best I can tell. I recently bought one after comparing to the NF and Kahles options. All are quite nice, but the zco took the win easily to my eyes.

So I’ll add to the echo chamber and say ZCO. Compared it to my Tangent Theta yesterday and the ZCO glass I found matched the TT in clarity and did a damn good job cutting mirage. For the value of the ZCO, I would buy that over an ATACR.

If you’re set on nightforce, I would get the 7-35. Several folks have mentioned that they feel the glass is better in it than the 5-25.

I went with ZCO Also. The glass definition and clarity is superb.

Reactions: gebhardt02
Darn, you guys don't make things easy. LoL

Ok, for those that recommend the higher power for the NF, is the glass clearer? Is that the argument?

I was in a similar place a couple of years ago and went with the Kahles 525i because I like the reticle the best of all of them. Not disappointed with my choice but all of the top tier gear is very good right now. Tangent Thea, Kahles, Zero Compromise, Night Force.

We have too many choices making these decisions harder than they use to be.

ZCO or TT....and I prefer the reticle and turrets of the ZCO....so I can't see spending the extra money on the TT.

Reactions: gebhardt02
MilR reticle kind of sucks. That would be the last option for me