• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

In ear hearing protection w/ Bluetooth

Jeremiah Johnson

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2019
Texas
Hey guys,

I am looking to get some in ear hearing protection.

I have been eyeing the Ottos, Westone, Sound gear, Peltors etc.

I like the idea and comfort of custom, but seems like foam has a higher decibel rating.

Will any hearing pro like these, work with bluetooth to also play music? I know musicians must use something like this, but with the shooter and hunter in mind. I appreciate the help.

I have these but the same company has models that have speakers in them, don’t know about Bluetooth though

Otto doesn’t have BT but I’m happy with mine and would buy them again.

These have Bluetooth but I haven’t found many reviews, no personal experience with these.

I have some custom molded ones from this comapany. I got all my shooting buddies together and they sent a rep out to us and we all had some made. Most people just had the standard custom molded ear pro made while some of us also had their Bluetooth models made that has speakers built in. Very nice and very comfortable. They make some that amplifies and then the dampening turns on whenever the sound gets above a certain dB but they were way out of my price range.

I have an appointment with an Audiologist to get some molds made. He recommends the SoungGear. Do any of you have those? He said they are made by a hearing aid manufacturer and were repairable if ever broken. He said it was a great company and molds would last 3-5 years.

Hey guys,

I am looking to get some in ear hearing protection.

I have been eyeing the Ottos, Westone, Sound gear, Peltors etc.

I like the idea and comfort of custom, but seems like foam has a higher decibel rating.

Will any hearing pro like these, work with bluetooth to also play music? I know musicians must use something like this, but with the shooter and hunter in mind. I appreciate the help.

These have Bluetooth but I haven’t found many reviews, no personal experience with these.

I have the Grizzly Ears. They don't stay charged very long, and if you don't have them connected to your phone or another bluetooth device, they constantly beep at you. There are times when I am at the range that I don't want to be bothered with alerts about every email, text, or phone call I am getting. And when you get a sound from the attached bluetooth device, it blocks out all sound around you. Also, compared to normal shooting muffs, the time it takes to allow sound again is SLOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW. These things were one of the biggest mistake impulse buys I have ever made.

I have the Grizzly Ears. They don't stay charged very long, and if you don't have them connected to your phone or another bluetooth device, they constantly beep at you. There are times when I am at the range that I don't want to be bothered with alerts about every email, text, or phone call I am getting. And when you get a sound from the attached bluetooth device, it blocks out all sound around you. Also, compared to normal shooting muffs, the time it takes to allow sound again is SLOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW. These things were one of the biggest mistake impulse buys I have ever made.
I ended buy the GoAxil custom blue
While it exactly “cheap” my hearing was worth it, I have a set of Ghost Stryke and have had great results and really good customer service when I needed foam tips. Haven’t had any other issues in over 3yrs since new. The ghost stryke take size 10 batteries and last 40-55hrs constantly on.
Back to the custom blue, they are custom molded, in ear, Bluetooth, suppression and amplification. The iPhone app has a locator, very convenient to use app. Yes they were on the upper end but I use them literally everyday cause they’re so comfortable. I chose battery as I don’t have access to a charger and at a match it’s hard to remove plugs to recharge. But a battery swap is easy with spares. Cost wise it cost me $1 a week to run these with batteries from the gas station, CVS or Walgreens.
Im on the range everyday, we have our fair share of senior citizens, their hearing aids are upwards of $10,000...so I figured spend a couple thousand now or spend $10,000 later to try and fix hearing loss.

Reactions: Mando