• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

In remembrance 35 years ago. Oct 23rd 1983

I became a member of 3/8 in 1986.

Everyone still looked on their Barracks with awe, anger and sadness.

Like to think the powers that be know better buy I doubt it.

Reactions: oneshot86
I was a junior in high school . Very sad anger filled time . The thought that someone would dare attack our boys . Had a cousin there . He was not in the barracks . Prayers for our fallen Marines . Don't know if it was just me or if our whole society was more innocent , more naive but I remember the utter shock .

I was a squad leader in Germany, fully expected to get the call to go kill every last muther fucker in the 500 mile radius but it never came. DC cheapens our honor with every breath they take. I hate DC and it started the day after this event and the realization that our Gov thought it was more okay for us to lose hundreds of marines or service members than upset foreigners, I hate hate them. Globalists got to go.

I became a member of 3/8 in 1986.

Everyone still looked on their Barracks with awe, anger and sadness.

Like to think the powers that be know better buy I doubt it.

A guy who was a black belt in the school I took martial arts at in jr high and high school was there. Said he woke up and saw legs on either side of him. He started to sit up and realized they were his. Still attached, just blown out in the hips.

Tough tough guy who taught realistic stuff for defense and to quickly end a fight. No fancy crap.

Returned to the middle east lured by the money of contract work after 9/11. Ate a 12g when he got home from one of those contracts.
Too bad. He was a pure hard man, a steadfast patriot, and willing to teach those who he knew were good and would listen.

RIP Steve.

I was a squad leader in Germany, fully expected to get the call to go kill every last muther fucker in the 500 mile radius but it never came. DC cheapens our honor with every breath they take. I hate DC and it started the day after this event and the realization that our Gov thought it was more okay for us to lose hundreds of marines or service members than upset foreigners, I hate hate them. Globalists got to go.

I hear you ArmyJerry. I am going to go out on a limb as say this. This attack, Mogadishu, Benghazi don't bother me as much as our lack of action/response.
I hate hate hate to see valuable brave people die for nothing. Why the hell 200,000 troops were not in Mogadishu with in 7 days i do not know. If the powers that be are not going to respond in such a way then the prize is not worth it. Your either all in, or your out.
When our reaction is nothing then our people died for nothing and we just look weaker and weaker.

High school bud was there. His living body returned. His mind did not. Alcohol, drugs, jail, found laying naked in the middle of busy roads, wrap him in a blanket and take him home, do it again. One day we wont find him b4 a transfer truck does.
The last few days hes been drunk unconscious and the family is keeping him that way at least a week.
Nobody at the local VA gives a shit, the local hospital doesnt either, family and a few friends do.

Second individual was on overwatch outside and far enough away to survive when the barracks blew. Hes one of the most difficult people I ever met. Hes not drunk, drugged, or so f'd up non functional, but, hes intolerable.

Those two guys helped start my Army Jerry attitude toward unc screwing over the troops.
Makes it impossible to ever trust a politician again.
And this latest uncivility after the appointment makes these Marines' deaths, even more horrible.
I dont have the right words to express what I think when I see those two survivors and what they live right now.

RIP Marines !

Civilian Politicians are ignorant of the day to day doings of the military. Military politicians ( generals, sgt. maj. ) etc are very aware and control the day to day minutae that mean life or death to the peons. I hate them all. The micro managed wars / conflicts that we as a nation indulge in are a waste of our best resources ie; fighting men.
I personally like the concept of out guerillaing the guerrillas. However if you are spending trillions on air power, use it. Turn the shit holes into glass. Not quite that serious? Napalm does leave a lasting impression. Fuck wasting American lives just to keep from hurting some camel humpers feelings.
JMNHO

I was NCO on call for my squadron at Cherry Point the night this happened............I had to wake the butter bar that was the OIC, and let him know what was going on. The entire base went on alert..........the next morning there were all sorts of shit being staged for transport...........it never happened, but this is the thing I most remember about my time...........I knew a couple of people that died that night............but they were all my brothers...........RIP brothers........I remember this every year...........been 35 years now..............and it still brings tears to my eyes..............

Last edited:
Reactions: 2ndamendfan
Another benefit of universal service......

Perhaps if the future "world leader" would take a tour of duty on a post while an 18 year old he may later want that watchstander to have a means to kick ass.

Personally I prefer people that have been shot at in anger. Seems like the notion of their own vulnerability changes their perspective.

Reactions: ArmyJerry