• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

In The News This Morning

Ring Bearer

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 14, 2012
Mordor
Hunter's stray bullet kills man after a mile-long-ricochet off a boar
10 hrs ago

A freak accident has claimed the life of a driver in France, shot dead by a hunter’s bullet that ricocheted off a boar’s bone and struck the motorist in the head. The tragic incident took place in the Oise region of northern France, with the deflected bullet somehow traveling about a mile across a field and actually striking the driver while his car was in motion. The victim’s wife managed to take the wheel and stop the car. The shooter, a 68-year-old-man, is reported to be an experienced hunter.

Re: In The News This Morning

That is crazy. You need to be aware of that when hunting. We had a store here is Memphis, Guy was hunting in Northern MS. made a shot while hunting and some how ended up hitting a School bus, and struck a 9yr old boy in the back.
The boy is in good shape and resting at home.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ringbearer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A freak accident has claimed the life of a driver in France, shot dead by a hunter’s bullet that ricocheted off a boar’s bone and struck the motorist in the head. The tragic incident took place in the Oise region of northern France, with the deflected bullet somehow traveling about a mile across a field and actually striking the driver while his car was in motion.</div></div>

For some crazy reason, I have a hard time believing a bullet would 1. ricochet of a game animal's bone, 2. travel a mile after the ricochet, 3. miraculously be at the same place in time as a guy's head in a moving vehicle, and 4. have enough energy to kill him.

Possible, yes...likely, highly f'in doubtful.

I can believe it would ricochet off a a pigs head. Those things are stout. I had some video at one point of a guy in Texas that had the same thing happen. Shot a pig in the head, but just stunned it. Bullet went somewhere else. Crazy stuff. Wrong place, wrong time. I'm sure they'll ban something. Probably head shots on hogs.

Isn't that the country that had a hit recently? Accidents happen, but it might be .gov trying to make it sound safer(-ish) for tourists.

link to article

I have a better chance of winning the lottery and being struck by lighting walking in to cash the ticket than this happening.