• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Inflation.......... ?

If only President Trump had shown us what’s inside the Fort Knox Bullion Depository. Inventory before the Biden crime family got the keys. Inflation, layoffs, plenty of domestic homeless folks on the streets we don’t know how to deal with.
But walk over the boarder and we will treat you better than American Citizens. My disposable income shrinks every month, weekly grocery trips to the Walmart can easily exceed $100. How is that young American family of 4 getting by?

If only President Trump had shown us what’s inside the Fort Knox Bullion Depository. Inventory before the Biden crime family got the keys. Inflation, layoffs, plenty of domestic homeless folks on the streets we don’t know how to deal with.
But walk over the boarder and we will treat you better than American Citizens. My disposable income shrinks every month, weekly grocery trips to the Walmart can easily exceed $100. How is that young American family of 4 getting by?
When I am in my small town of Mayberry, I often talk to the younger generation about that. Wages here are roughly 75% to 80% (+/-) of what they would be in a mega city. On the flip side, things here are more expensive than the mega cities. There is no Walmart within 50 miles so making a run there must be planned and shared with other's. A lot of these young people saved up and came here prior to the pandemic with the idea of buying a house. Their plan was sound. They had a job lined up and had savings towards a down payment. Between the bottom falling out during the pandemic and the run away inflation due to free Government money, most are stuck making pre-pandemic wages, living in an apartment with rent increasing double digit's and no escape plan. All good people caught in the same trap. One of the lucky young couples I talk to got a house a few years ago, barely. She is an x-ray tech and he is a construction project manager. She says they were lucky to get a "fixer" and every spare dime and every spare hour has been remodeling their house. All are putting off starting a family....

There is no light at the end of the tunnel for any of them. Only another train coming.
Train Wreck 3.jpg

The so-called core rate, excluding food and energy, is still running 4.7% ahead of last year. Food and beverage prices are up 4.8% versus a year ago and groceries are up 3.6%. So, inflation is still sticky and stubborn, but a lot lower.

Jerome Powell and the FED Reserve have created a "Leap Frog Effect". They did not reign in inflation they are creating inflation.
Prices go up, wages go up, prices go up, wages go up, prices go up, wages go up.... on and on and on.
It will soon take a wheel barrow of USD's to buy a loaf of bread.
Bread 1.jpg

I believe the inflation / wages numbers from England and the UK are much more accurate than what we are being told here in America.
The inflation rate in America is much higher than what the government is posting.

Official figures showed inflation has slowed to 6.8% - down from a peak in October of 11.1%, but with signs that the rate of price rises remains stubbornly high, analysts say we're still likely to see interest rates go up in September.

Wages grew at a record annual pace in the April to June period, according to new official figures.
Regular pay rose by 7.8%, the highest annual growth rate since comparable records began in 2001.

Make more.... Spend more
1692633453504.png

This will not end well.

The average “reservation wage,” or the minimum acceptable salary offer to switch jobs, rose to a record $78,645 during the second quarter of 2023.

Pay attention, if you are relocating. Try to avoid cities that think it is OK to raise taxes 10% every year.
That 10% / year increase in wages and taxes can't go on forever.
Just one example:

MISSOULA - While city officials worked to justify their budgeting decisions for FY24 and the 9.7% city tax increase approved on Monday night, members of the public decried the city's priorities and urged it to tighten its belt and make difficult choices moving forward.

Another wage negation that will be interesting to watch:

The latest proposal from the studios came days after producers asked the writers for a meeting and includes the highest wage increase proposed for the WGA in 35 years, according to the AMPTP — “a compounded 13% increase over the three-year contract, with an increase of 5% in year one; 4% in year two; and 3.5% in year three.”

Another wage negation that will be interesting to watch:

The latest proposal from the studios came days after producers asked the writers for a meeting and includes the highest wage increase proposed for the WGA in 35 years, according to the AMPTP — “a compounded 13% increase over the three-year contract, with an increase of 5% in year one; 4% in year two; and 3.5% in year three.”

The elites MUST keep the controls functioning. It’s a sound investment for them. Shows how fragile their plan is.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
One thing about "inflation"... It's a good time to negotiate a nice pay raise.... LOL
Prices will never come down.
Ultium, a joint venture with LG Energy Solution, is key for the automaker to increase its supply of batteries for its growing fleet of electric vehicles. The deal is a major win for the union, as it’s the first major organized battery plant in the country.
The UAW and Ultium have been in labor talks for roughly 1,100 workers at the plant since a majority of employees agreed to organize with the union last year. The union previously argued the battery workers should make the same wages as their traditional counterparts assembling engines and cars.
Ultium workers currently make between roughly $20 and $25 an hour for production workers and $25 to $34.60 an hour for maintenance employees. The wage increases will be between $3 and $4 an hour, the union said. With the increases, they’ll still be paid less than the more than $32 an hour of traditional UAW assembly workers with the Detroit automakers.

Reactions: SONIC SAAMI
Inflation, the "Doubled Edge Sword"

Automation, "Drones", and AI coming to hospitals and assisted living. Japan will lead as they have the worst issues with aging population. We will follow

Automation, "Drones", and AI coming to hospitals and assisted living. Japan will lead as they have the worst issues with aging population. We will follow
Unlike JDM brand names that identified the shrinking workforce in the 1970’s and reacted by shifting manufacturing processes outside of Japan and the profits still returned home. How do you provide that same level of excellence with health care, bots and AI lack the empathy and compassion a human adds to patient care and sense of wellbeing. Not denying advanced technology has a future in healthcare but worry they will eventually be able to decide euthanasia is the most affordable option.

Unlike JDM brand names that identified the shrinking workforce in the 1970’s and reacted by shifting manufacturing processes outside of Japan and the profits still returned home. How do you provide that same level of excellence with health care, bots and AI lack the empathy and compassion a human adds to patient care and sense of wellbeing. Not denying advanced technology has a future in healthcare but worry they will eventually be able to decide euthanasia is the most affordable option.
Did not say it was a "good, better, best option" - saying it is coming. Watched my dad in assisted living with dementia - staff was constantly turning over as these are "for profit" and pay lowest wage they can. Hospitals same way. There is a tipping point on people vs automation - healthcare is at the tipping point. In Japan, they do not have enough working age people to care for the retirees therefore they have no choice but to automate.

The old "Bait and Switch" game is always revived during a recession.
One more time:

JetBlue Documents Reveal 40% Price Hikes After Buying Spirit Airlines​

by Gary Leff on August 24, 2023

JetBlue’s deal to buy Spirit Airlines isn’t just being challenged by the government. There’s a civil suit as well, because why not piggy back on government opposition for a payday? Only lawyers made an oops in redactions – and as a result exposed “internal company estimates of plans to hike fares on Spirit planes by as much as 40%.” And this could make JetBlue’s defense of the deal against government anti-trust charges that much harder.

Euthanasia is always the most affordable option for anyone who is retired or seriously ill. What is cheaper, paying out the insurance or making the client disappear?

Reactions: UKDslayer
From FOX business this morning on farming cost.
LOL... That is certainly no surprise to those who have been following this thread and making comments for the past 2 years.
The Deep State's goal is to control the food. "Control the food, control the people"....
Having that 5 gallon bucket of "Survival Seeds" is all the comfort many need.

1693315137144.png

Limited supply along with the migration of people relocating helping out, but with both the cost of homes going up along with borrowing money costing more to purchase a home the give and take usually associated is nonexistent. In the mail last week was the Assessor notification raising my property value an additional $135K, tax property owners at that higher rate even though inflation with a weaker dollar is driving the industry. What’s that saying we keep hearing
” You will own nothing”!
Everyone will live in a multi unit dwelling without gas stoves, with a eviction clause if a firearm is stored on the propretry.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lightning8
Limited supply along with the migration of people relocating helping out, but with both the cost of homes going up along with borrowing money costing more to purchase a home the give and take usually associated is nonexistent. In the mail last week was the Assessor notification raising my property value an additional $135K, tax property owners at that higher rate even though inflation with a weaker dollar is driving the industry. What’s that saying we keep hearing
” You will own nothing”!
Everyone will live in a multi unit dwelling with out gas stoves, with a eviction clause if a firearm is stored on the propretry.
I dont know how much these illegals are further limiting the avialable home supply - thye dont have jobs or real income. All I see is them sleeping on streets and multiple local governments wanting to put them in citizens homes.

I dont know how much these illegals are further limiting the avialable home supply - thye dont have jobs or real income. All I see is them sleeping on streets and multiple local governments wanting to put them in citizens homes.
Better clarification on “ migration” in this discussion was to imply Citizen/Taxpayer, people living the America dream who have earned it. These assylum seeking invaders need to be gathered up micro-chipped and returned to the point of entry. Using geofencing technology if they cross over into the US again Nancy Sinatra’s, These Boots Ar made for Walking plays on a loop in their head until they leave.

” You will own nothing”!
Everyone will live in a multi unit dwelling with out gas stoves, with a eviction clause if a firearm is stored on the propretry.
To sum it up = "The Great Reset"

that chart must have been put together by one of biden's buddies.
looking at food, I know it's full of CRAP
Food had gone up by at least 75% to 150% over the last few years depending..
Meat, eggs, milk..
Milk was 1.79 on sale; now you're lucky to nap it at 3.29 on sale (3.79 NOT on sale)

Nothing to see here, carry on

As high inflation persists, many workers may be struggling to come up with the cash to cover an unexpected emergency expense.
To that point, 63% of employees are unable to cover a $500 emergency expense, according to a new survey from SecureSave, a provider of a financial technology platform to help employers provide emergency savings benefits.
In another sign of trouble, hardship withdrawals, whereby emergency money is taken from a retirement account, are on the rise, according to recent reports.

hence why people live in teepees and yurts.
And many are giving up and living in the local homeless shelters.
I have friends picking up older RV trailers and refurbishing them (out of their own pocket) for people they have known for a long time. I'm not talking druggies, dopers or scammers. Not some million dollar non-profit doing this, just average people. They have a soft spot for a single parent with a child who's financial world collapsed. There are a lot of proud people out there who don't want to get on the government dole. We don't have far to look. There are employers allowing their workers to sleep in their truck out behind the shop. Again, good workers that had some big unexpected bill and could not pay the rent.
Look around at how much cash it takes to get into a one bedroom apartment.... They want first, last, security deposit and all sorts of bull shit fees... Soon a place that rents for $1,000 / month takes $3,000+ to get into.

Funny thing. I've seen this in the previous 3 - 4 recessions.... Those people or families on a tight budget are the one's that do the most helping out.

It will get worse.

What is Premium Pricing?

Companies use a premium pricing strategy when they want to charge higher prices than their competitors for their products. The goal is to create the perception that the products must have a higher value than competing products because the prices are higher. The company is betting that the consumer will not investigate to find out if the product is truly a higher-quality item. Marketing managers want consumers to believe that the brand name by itself is enough to assure them that the product is better than the competition's product.
A premium pricing strategy has the advantages of producing higher profit margins, creating tougher barriers to entry for competitors, and increasing the brand's value for all the company's products.

This is all I am seeing here in Mayberry. Paying a premium price and getting second quality goods and services.
Anyone else seeing this ?

Reactions: IronSkillet
Average 30-year fixed mortgage rates are sitting at a 22-year high, and home prices continue to inch higher, exacerbating the market for homebuyers. In the last year, a buyer with a $3,000 budget has lost $71,000 in buying power, according to Redfin.

And many are giving up and living in the local homeless shelters.
I have friends picking up older RV trailers and refurbishing them (out of their own pocket) for people they have known for a long time. I'm not talking druggies, dopers or scammers. Not some million dollar non-profit doing this, just average people. They have a soft spot for a single parent with a child who's financial world collapsed. There are a lot of proud people out there who don't want to get on the government dole. We don't have far to look. There are employers allowing their workers to sleep in their truck out behind the shop. Again, good workers that had some big unexpected bill and could not pay the rent.
Look around at how much cash it takes to get into a one bedroom apartment.... They want first, last, security deposit and all sorts of bull shit fees... Soon a place that rents for $1,000 / month takes $3,000+ to get into.

Funny thing. I've seen this in the previous 3 - 4 recessions.... Those people or families on a tight budget are the one's that do the most helping out.

It will get worse.
Where I live, going rent for a 2 bedroom averages around 2K a month. My sons are having a super hard time right now with all the people leaving the great start of Commiefornia to move to Na-va-da. I am in construction, and they are building apartments like crazy. Glad I got in 20 years ago when a home was around 200k, now 4 times that amount for the same size home.
1k a month is cheap.

Where I live, going rent for a 2 bedroom averages around 2K a month. My sons are having a super hard time right now with all the people leaving the great start of Commiefornia to move to Na-va-da. I am in construction, and they are building apartments like crazy. Glad I got in 20 years ago when a home was around 200k, now 4 times that amount for the same size home.
1k a month is cheap.
Many of us are in situations similar to your's. The concerning thing is, for some unknown reason, we are forced to move. A seller can get a nice chunk of change to buy a "similar property" but most of us could not qualify for a mortgage.
It has been discussed here. Should a mortgage company call in all those 3% loans and force owners to refinance at a higher rate, the domino's would start to fall.

The "Great Reset" is some unsettling times.

Many of us are in situations similar to your's. The concerning thing is, for some unknown reason, we are forced to move. A seller can get a nice chunk of change to buy a "similar property" but most of us could not qualify for a mortgage.
It has been discussed here. Should a mortgage company call in all those 3% loans and force owners to refinance at a higher rate, the domino's would start to fall.

The "Great Reset" is some unsettling times.
Yeah we're hanging onto all the hard cash we have. We did manage to open a CD at 4.83%.

Reactions: NoDopes
Yeah we're hanging onto all the hard cash we have. We did manage to open a CD at 4.83%.
As the recession worsens and the foreign investor's / traders watch America "Rob Peter to pay Paul" their risk tolerance is going to get more conservative.
Oil is being traded around the Petrodollar.
China has been buying gold like never before.
Winter is coming to Europe and it will be expensive to stay warm, much less run a factory.
And then the Presidential election is coming up.
No one knows what tomorrow will bring... Much less, next year.
Where there is chaos, there is money. Look at Ukraine cost.

As the recession worsens and the foreign investor's / traders watch America "Rob Peter to pay Paul" their risk tolerance is going to get more conservative.
Oil is being traded around the Petrodollar.
China has been buying gold like never before.
Winter is coming to Europe and it will be expensive to stay warm, much less run a factory.
And then the Presidential election is coming up.
No one knows what tomorrow will bring... Much less, next year.
Where there is chaos, there is money. Look at Ukraine cost.
I'm thankful for being a spot in my life where I'm over wanting to have that new car, pick-up, boat, travel trailer, build that race car or whatever the hell else ever everybody spends money on.

A wise old man told me "the key to life grasshopper is not to want".

Anyone play the game "Leap Frog" as a child ?
That is what the FED Reserve is doing with inflation. When they pause raising interest, the wages of the workers increase to off set inflation. When those workers spend that money on higher priced items, inflation raises it's ugly head and the FED Reserve raises interest rates, again.
The only way to tame inflation is for the interest rate to be set higher than the inflation rate. It is really very simple. Even Paul Volcker had that figured out in 1980.

Federal Reserve Governor Christopher Waller said on Tuesday the latest round of economic data gives the U.S. central bank space to see if it needs to raise interest rates again and that he saw nothing that would force a move toward boosting the cost of short-term borrowing again.

Anyone play the game "Leap Frog" as a child ?
That is what the FED Reserve is doing with inflation. When they pause raising interest, the wages of the workers increase to off set inflation. When those workers spend that money on higher priced items, inflation raises it's ugly head and the FED Reserve raises interest rates, again.
The only way to tame inflation is for the interest rate to be set higher than the inflation rate. It is really very simple. Even Paul Volcker had that figured out in 1980.

Federal Reserve Governor Christopher Waller said on Tuesday the latest round of economic data gives the U.S. central bank space to see if it needs to raise interest rates again and that he saw nothing that would force a move toward boosting the cost of short-term borrowing again.

I'm older, the circle of my friends tend to be older. The general consensus amongst ourselves is stock pile that cash.

I'm older, the circle of my friends tend to be older. The general consensus amongst ourselves is stock pile that cash.
If a person has access or means to gather cash, that is always a good option.
Unfortunately the majority of American's are spending their savings just keeping their head above water (rent, food,fuel, etc).
With inflation at 10% / year the cash savers will need to increase their cash balance by 10% every year in order to break even.
The Perfect Storm to those savers is socking 10% away while at the same time paying 10% more for goods and services. Quite a challenge.
In some cased, it is better to purchase an item now, with cash that a person knows they will need / consume within the next year.
As long as income continues to rise, prices will not come down. That is the FED Reserves plan for a soft landing.
If you follow any of the stocks or index funds, those increasing 10% / year are always in the headlines. Headliner's that are a break even with inflation are a sure sign of an oncoming crash.
JMHO

Basically, the FED Reserve is saying they can't see past the end of their nose on their face.
“Overall, we are well positioned to proceed cautiously in this uncertain economic environment, recognizing the risks while remaining resolute and data-dependent, with the flexibility to adjust as conditions warrant,” Collins said in prepared remarks for a speech in Boston.

Interest rate is lagging behind inflation. No explanation needed when a headline like this pops up. FED Reserve is failing

Rise in services, manufacturing prices spur fear that Fed has more work to do on inflation​

As long as the interest rate is lower than the inflation rate........... The buying power of the USD will fall, regardless of what the propaganda says about the "Strong Dollar".
1694198924664.png

LOL :ROFLMAO:
Sept 8 (Reuters) - A surging stock market powered U.S. household wealth to a record high of more than $154 trillion in the second quarter, aided by a rebound in property values, Federal Reserve data out on Friday showed.
Household net worth rose 3.7% to $154.28 trillion in the period from April through June from $148.79 trillion at the end of the first quarter, the Fed said in its quarterly snapshot of the balance sheets of households, businesses and federal, state and local governments.

• Sad
Bank of Canada Governor Tiff Macklem is correct:

OTTAWA, Sept 7 (Reuters) - Bank of Canada Governor Tiff Macklem on Thursday said interest rates may not be high enough to bring inflation back down to target, sending a hawkish message after holding borrowing costs at a 22-year high a day earlier.
On Wednesday, the Bank of Canada (BoC) kept its key rate at 5%, noting the economy had entered a period of weaker growth, but said it could hike again should price pressures persist.

IMHO
The British / UK government is doing a much better job of calculating and reporting inflation.
They have pegged the number at 8.5% both for wage increases as well as the rate of inflation.
Much more believable than the numbers the US Government / FED Reserve is spewing out.

Reactions: Pbgt
FED Reserve has been raising interest rates "too little and too late"... The leap frogging of Inflation vs Wage Increases is continuing.
No light at the end of this tunnel.
Inflation will continue.

Starting to become the standard "looking forward" expectation..... 10% wage increase for the next 4 years. A lot of people think inflation will be around for a long, long time.
The FED Reserve will do nothing to tame inflation.... Just fan the fires some more.

One major issue on the table is worker pay. The union proposed 40% hourly pay increases over the next four years. The average U.S. autoworker on a manufacturing production line earns about $28 per hour as of August, according to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. That’s up $1 from the previous year.