• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ingenuity Precision trickler

How is the clearance between the cup and the bottom of the dispenser? It looks pretty tight with the new shield. Of course, your design should have the advantage of not spilling powder if its bumped, but that was a common complaint some had with the ATv4, and ST.

Here is another question, and if you feel its proprietary info, feel free not to answer (or say its a trade secret, etc). I love the fact that your trickler uses a Nema 17 motor. They are very easy to source and replace if needed. What is the service life of the bulk "motor"? I assume its an actuator or solenoid of some sort? Is it user replaceable if need be?

Reactions: secondofangle2
How is the clearance between the cup and the bottom of the dispenser? It looks pretty tight with the new shield. Of course, your design should have the advantage of not spilling powder if its bumped, but that was a common complaint some had with the ATv4, and ST.

Here is another question, and if you feel its proprietary info, feel free not to answer (or say its a trade secret, etc). I love the fact that your trickler uses a Nema 17 motor. They are very easy to source and replace if needed. What is the service life of the bulk "motor"? I assume its an actuator or solenoid of some sort? Is it user replaceable if need be?
The clearance between the cup and bottom of dispenser nut is ample enough to get the cup in and out easily but yet also close enough to also act as a shield as a secondary deterrent if a kernel ever did try to stray out. The nut is the same size as the basic diameter of the cup opening minus the little funneling edges.
With this design, you would have to jar the unit pretty hard to ever have a kernel of powder go in the cup that wasn’t intentional.
The unit uses two stepper motors, nema17 and a nema14. Nothing super special other than made to the specs we needed and they are made in mass.

Because I was waiving my hands around it
There has been a lot of “hand waving” and jumping up and down around this trickler,
LOL

So enthralled to see how development is coming, keep up the great work, Paul!

Basically an optical SuperTrickler clone now - I like it. Maybe also have the slots for the bushing and discs on both sides, my trickler will stand next to a wall on its left side and I won't be able to use those slots then.

Reactions: Terp
I need assurances that a printed shield will not have static issues.

I know a guy that does industrial printing, and I understand material selection is critical for true static-free behavior

Reactions: NiteQwill

This is going to be the first device that will reliably dispense N570 and other stuff like RL 50

N570 is the reason I never got the ATV3 because I knew it would choke. Unfortunately, the V4 would not dispense it without shims, and the superspiller choked on the large kernels when it wasn’t puking them out with overages.

Last edited:
That’s what we’re saying.

My order for a different product from his website over a month ago was 26,849.

Somewhere around 26980ish is where the pre-order began

ETA: akh223 beat me to it
I was sitting at my computer when the website started to update to allow preorders.
For about 2 hours, it was up/down with changes and no orders could be completed.
I refreshed over and over and over until I could finally place an order.
I'm 26995 for reference....so if I'm not first, I've got to be pretty damn close to it.

Unless he was taking preorders by means other than his website prior to this (and I don't think he was), this should give some people a good idea of how far back the orders go.

I was sitting at my computer when the website started to update to allow preorders.
For about 2 hours, it was up/down with changes and no orders could be completed.
I'm 26995 for reference....so if I'm not first, I've got to be pretty damn close to it.

Unless he was taking preorders by means other than his website prior to this (and I don't think he was), this should give some people a good idea of how far back the orders go.
And here’s your prize

and here’s your prize

And heres your prize

And heres your prize
1704342884962.gif

Just ship the first 100 units now and then take a long vacation I am at #27087 so hopefully within those first 100
:unsure:

Planning fallacyhttps://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Planning_fallacy

The planning fallacy is a phenomenon in which predictions about how much time will be needed to complete a future task display an optimism bias and underestimate the time needed. This phenomenon sometimes occurs regardless of the individual's knowledge that past tasks of a similar nature have taken longer to complete than generally planned.[1][2][3] The bias affects predictions only about one's own tasks. On the other hand, when outside observers predict task completion times, they tend to exhibit a pessimistic bias, overestimating the time needed.[4][5]The planning fallacy involves estimates of task completion times more optimistic than those encountered in similar projects in the past.

• Love
Reactions: Malum Prohibitum
Just ordered mine two weeks ago, absolutely can’t wait. I also saw a video on YouTube where the guy adds a spring that creates more pressure so if you want to hand drop a kernel , it makes it way easier

Just ordered mine two weeks ago, absolutely can’t wait. I also saw a video on YouTube where the guy adds a spring that creates more pressure so if you want to hand drop a kernel , it makes it way easier

Heads up you’re gonna wait a while. I ordered mine 70 days ago and was told it would be another month. Thats before his new scale comes out

Honestly I don’t care when it ships. I really don’t want to come off the money to pay for it lol.

The ole chargemaster gonna keep doing its thing until I get that bill.

• Haha
Reactions: Malum Prohibitum
That's OK with me. Get it 100% working well first, I have a V4 which will hold me over until then.

Reactions: KYAggie
with all due respect: you don't even need to know there's a real thing called the planning fallacy, all you have to do is say to youself: "last time I said 2 months from now, and now it's 2 months from now. So if I think it's just 2 months, I should double to 4 months, and when 4 months comes up, double to 8." Then, you eventually catch up.

This continual "just two months more" betrays an obliviousness to the inevitable delays and the unrealistic optimism that they will shrink rather than balloon and it is kinda silly.

But I can help with the problem. This product will not start shipping until late summer, early fall, at the EARLIEST.

We know this guys. This is just how it works. So we should stop paying attention to the "updates" and make our own estimates based on prior experience of release date dealys.

with all due respect: you don't even need to know there's a real thing called the planning fallacy, all you have to do is say to youself: "last time I said 2 months from now, and now it's 2 months from now. So if I think it's just 2 months, I should double to 4 months, and when 4 months comes up, double to 8." Then, you eventually catch up.

This continual "just two months more" betrays an obliviousness to the inevitable delays and the unrealistic optimism that they will shrink rather than balloon and it is kinda silly.

But I can help with the problem. This product will not start shipping until late summer, early fall, at the EARLIEST.

We know this guys. This is just how it works. So we should stop paying attention to the "updates" and make our own estimates based on prior experience of release date dealys.
Nah, I'ma go with mid-May

$0 down for a "no obligation preorder". Delays were to be expected as there is no skin in the game.

Curious what delays there are for just the Powder Meter, ie not the "new system", which has a $100 downpayment and a 3% penalty for any cancelations.

Last edited:
You'd think you'd just be happy to get your order. But you want to bet people that you're not going to get it for 6 months?
Don’t be silly

I’m simply reinforcing that talk is cheap

Put some “skin in the game” as the other poster says and wager about the outcome if you’re so certain this is the last delay

I’m pretty certain it is not

Last edited:
Don’t be silly

I’m simply reinforcing that talk is cheap

Put some “skin care n the game” as the other poster says and wager about the outcome if you’re so certain this is the last delay

I’m pretty certain it is not
Damn, you're so hardcore!

• Haha
Reactions: lead ƒarmer
Since everyone is OK with the continued delays since last October/November, I am okay with it coming out December 2024.

...enough time for the dude with the print-at-home ~$150 kit that drops to the kernel to get his to shit to market and command 65% off the market overnight.

Since everyone is OK with the continued delays since last October/November, I am okay with it coming out December 2024.

...enough time for the dude with the print-at-home ~$150 kit that drops to the kernel to get his to shit to market and command 65% off the market overnight.
I'm fine with the delays too because I expected them, and I'm really excited about this machine

I'm sad that I offloaded my superspiller 2 months ago, to get ahead of the expected used market glut of Superspillers, and now I'm handtrickling for a good while longer, or I have to buy another used Superspiller or a chargemaster or something to tide me over

$0 down for a "no obligation preorder". Delays were to be expected as there is no skin in the game.

Curious what delays there are for just the Powder Meter, ie not the "new system", which has a $100 downpayment and a 3% penalty for any cancelations.
Me too. I preordered the Powder Meter quite some time ago. I'd be happy with it and a manual thrower while I wait for the dropper to release. I haven't heard a thing and I'm long past the estimated ship time. I wonder if he's piling them up so he can sell them with the complete system.

The delays are with things such as "after we had this material in the sun for a few months, we realized it turns yellow". "Now we have to source a new material because we don't want anything painted but it also can't be anything that static will effect or must allow for this special coating to eliminate static".

There's many many different things like this, and that's just one example, but the main reason for delays is Paul's high standards on everything and his experience and knowledge of potential issues. Avoiding potential issues and finding materials that fit the bill, that can be had in a reasonable time, that can be manufactured correctly, ect.. all takes time, and when something pops up, it's really tough and time consuming to deal with. Now days it's infinitely more difficult to deal with anything manufactured.

I'm fine with the delays too because I expected them, and I'm really excited about this machine

I'm sad that I offloaded my superspiller 2 months ago, to get ahead of the expected used market glut of Superspillers, and now I'm handtrickling for a good while longer, or I have to buy another used Superspiller or a chargemaster or something to tide me over
The thought has entered my mind as well, especially with how well the 3.0 software updated has been received.

Reactions: mynamejeff