• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Innovative Arms Deception ?? your thoughts??

dalowe1

Private
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2012
Considering ordering a Deception .30cal can from Innovative Arms. Any experience/advice on this can or perhaps a better can for the money?

Re: Innovative Arms Deception ?? your thoughts??

If that's the price point your looking to stick around...I would choose the YHM Phantom any day of the week. The direct thread model is $50 less and the QD is about $25 more (MSRP)
ALTHOUGH, I have not heard +/- about the Innovative Arms. In my book, that's usually a bad thing.

I don't think you'll get much argument that the YHM Phantom line is probably the best BARGAIN suppressor you can find.
It's inexpensive, build beyond durable and has great sound reduction for a few hundred less than a lot of other places. Only downside...the tank walls that make it bomb proof, also make it heavy.

Yes I own a Phantom, but that's not my reason for suggesting it...it's the reason I bought my own.
I believe there are lighter cans.
I believe there are cheaper cans.
I believe some cans are more quiet.
I believe some have a smaller POI shift.
BUT, over all...it has more (+) than it does (-) in my book.

I don't think I have ever heard anything negative about the YHM besides the weight...and Boris the Blade put that baby to bed.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lX0MB7pJtKs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My local gunshop says this can outperforms any other brand they carry....which they carry practically all brands except Thunderbeast. THEY said it kills the YHM. I hate to buy it just to try it out which is why I hope someone on here can validate or disprove their claims.

If your local shop is willing to make that claim...then request they demo a couple for you so you can make the decision yourself, or see if they can suggest a local that has bought one, so you can ask their opinion or perhaps compare it to others.
If they aren't willing to accommodate you, I'd be looking for a new dealer.

Claims like this are usually made to push a product that provides the dealer with the highest profit margin. Especially if they aren't willing to back up the claim with a demo.

I would ask the dealer for some of their test data to show that it "kills any other suppressor" (they probably won't have any because very few dealers carry that kind of sound equipment)

They don't have test data but will let me shoot them; however, only on their indoor test range which requires I use hearing protection....kinda making it hard to tell the difference between suppressors. Especially given that on average there are at least 10 other shooters blasting away constantly, even during their "slow" parts of the day. Oh well, just thought I would ask! Thanks for the input.

+1 on what CBass says - no one knows about them and they're killing all the other cans?

When deciding on my first integral suppressed rifle, my gunshop owner took me to his farm and we fired a couple different cans/integral guns in the quiet, different positions; some full bang ammo and some sub sonic. I walked away with a great feeling and understanding of what I was fixing to hand him $2000 for.

It just seems a bit fishy that they don't want to let you test drive it, tire kicking aside, someone who's proud of their gear is going to prove it to you.

Cheers and good luck,
Breeze

Drive the car befor you buy it! Call Innovative Arms at 803-528-8709, Phillip gives private outdoor demos to the public (by appointment). He encourages you to bring other brand suppressors for comparison shooting. The Deception db reduction is 30-33.