• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Install HS stock onto a Savage

Jrb78usaf

Private
Minuteman
Apr 27, 2011
NE Ohio
Hi everyone I'm relatively new to posting on Snipers Hide, but have been a long time browser of the forums. I've been working on my Savage build and ran into a question I couldn't find an answer for so here I am. First of all this is what I'm working with:

Savage 10FCP-K .308
Heavy Fluted Barrel with Brake
AccuTrigger/AccuStock
SWFA SS 3-9x42
Burris XTR rings and 1-piece EGW Base

I have an HS Precision PST-114 arriving tomorrow morning and my question is does the stock DBM assembly from my Accustock model fit directly into the HS? If I would have been thinking I would have just ordered this rifle with the HS already on it. Oh well lessons learned. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advanced!

Re: Install HS stock onto a Savage

Where ever you bought the stock from should have listed the different screw spacings for the correct stock. I bought the Savage 12 LRP that already has the HS precision stock on it but I will be taking it off and replacing it with something different. Where did you buy the stock from? My guess is that you should not have any problem. How much did that stock run you if you don't mind me asking?

Yeah I made sure I got the right spacing, 4.41 on mine, and ordered the stock to fit. I just didn't know if the actual dbm itself will seat right due to the bottom of it having the contours and shape for the accustock. I ordered the stock with the high comb on for a better cheek weld and sight picture, had to build up on the accustock. I ordered from stockys for $340ish. I was going to order from HS Precision directly due to the 25% law enforcement/military discount, but they are on a 3 month backorder before they will even make it. But full price on stockys was only $40 more so I decided to pay the extra to get it now.

Send pics. when you get it together. Hope it works out for you.

I have been searching the internet for a good deal on the same stock for the same rifle. So I am VERY interested in how it all turned out and what your thoughts are on the stock.

Thanks.

My aftermarket hs that is on my second hand savage takes the factory dbm perfecty.

I just ordered my HS Precision stock yesterday from Midway USA. They said it should be here Monday. You guys probably don't realize it but this thread and the opinions in it helped me make my final decision. So thank you all.

No pics yet. But I got my PST114 in the mail today. Had to do a little fitting around the trigger guard to get it to fit. And there were some internal problems I had to work out. (The sear was getting caught on the stock during assembly) But I figured that out and it seems to work fine now (function checks with dummy ammo). Looks good too. The forward sling attachments are too close together so when the bipod is on the second is covered by the canting device.

I'll try and get some pics for ya.