• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Interest in .308 REPR LAW insert

These are awesome!!! Id be all over this but my REPR is rear charging, not side.

Reactions: Zelwell
Any update on things now Mntnman-TF? How you been Ole Buddy? I have my REPR stripped to be cerakoted a different color and would love your charging handle to go back on it.
Also any idea where to get the barrel nut wrench for the REPR? Lwrc told me I needed to send it in to have it removed.

Any update on things now Mntnman-TF? How you been Ole Buddy? I have my REPR stripped to be cerakoted a different color and would love your charging handle to go back on it.
Also any idea where to get the barrel nut wrench for the REPR? Lwrc told me I needed to send it in to have it removed.
The wrench would need to be custom made plus you have to heat the upper to release the barrel from the thermal fit. I was going to cerakote mine as well , I asked LWRC about getting a folding side charging handle but he said it wouldn't fit the MKI. This seems strange since the bolt carriers are interchangeable between the MKI and MKII.

Ok guys we finally have the go ahead from Mntnman-TF on getting an order going for the charging handles. Listed below is the info from him on how to be added to the list and payment info will be updated as we know things more, and I'm sure he will chime in an update things as well. Let's make this thing happen guys!

If anybody wants to be added to the list for now, just have them e mail me at
[email protected]
in the subject write REPR FCH and in the body I need their name address and how many they want. That ought to get the list started and then hopefully in 3 days will know how much 7075 to order.
Thanks

Folks you been bugging me 2 years about this I need some replies to get started. at least 12 takers to make it worth while to get started.

Forgot to mention $115 each shipped.

Last edited:
Hey guys please make sure to get your emails into Mntnman-TF if you haven't already so we can get this party started! Thanks.

Agreed, let's get it going now that he is ready and willing to help us out, so let's help him out.

so far 11 I give until next week and then I order material. so after next week might be too late to have any requests.

Come on guys let's get one more. I know someone else needs one of these!

we be there with a few more coming. Now lest see if my source for 7075 is still around. It has been that long since I made parts .

Guys been long time, so just want to be sure. Inside of slot where the lug goes back and forth is that 4.786" Or a little less. Need to be sure that the dustcover end on these is minimal length so it doesn't interfere w/ any stock or sling accessories. I sent email to my metals guy to see what he has and how much.

yep gotcha down. haven't heard anything from my aluminum supplier. Guess have to search for a new source of aluminum.

Posted on practical machinist looking for new aluminum source. Old outfit, haven't heard from the guy who said they would get back to me.

Reached out to 2 saw cut mills that have 7075. Hopefully that will get decent price on materials.

Found the supplier. Ordered matrl. When it's going to arrive will request funds. No hurry and prefer no PayPal Zelle or any of that nonsense. Snail mail cert funds or personal check and of course green back will be just fine.
C. Wizman
1622 Oakland DR.
Deltona, FL 32738

Perfect! Just keep us updated ole buddy. Thanks again for helping us all out.

so far only got payment from a Ben Rybla. Cut all the 7075, got them all to length and almost height ( extra material I had to cut that mill said they couldn't get me smaller amt of material) and next to width then drill holes rough then finish profile and then to cut the knobs, make some pivots plungers, and lugs.

so far only got payment from a Ben Rybla. Cut all the 7075, got them all to length and almost height ( extra material I had to cut that mill said they couldn't get me smaller amt of material) and next to width then drill holes rough then finish profile and then to cut the knobs, make some pivots plungers, and lugs.
According to my bank payment should arrive to you tomorrow. Thanks for the progress update.

I remember seeing the old thread getting the group buy together years ago when I was toying with the idea of a folding charging handle, I didn't realize that you had actually made them and were still making them! I'll have to keep you in mind if my current plan for a side-charger doesn't pan out, maybe I can grab one from then next batch.

I also wanted to share with you MountainMan some information I found when doing research for my own attempt at a folding charging handle (I want to try and retain the forward assist function) https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...on-on-mk-i-lwrc-repr-charging-handle.7112839/ I don't know if it's useful to you or not, but I figured I'd share since you were the main reason I joined the forum.

My payment has been sent. Where we at Ole Buddy, hope all is well. Keep up the hard work!

I remember seeing the old thread getting the group buy together years ago when I was toying with the idea of a folding charging handle, I didn't realize that you had actually made them and were still making them! I'll have to keep you in mind if my current plan for a side-charger doesn't pan out, maybe I can grab one from then next batch.

I also wanted to share with you MountainMan some information I found when doing research for my own attempt at a folding charging handle (I want to try and retain the forward assist function) https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...on-on-mk-i-lwrc-repr-charging-handle.7112839/ I don't know if it's useful to you or not, but I figured I'd share since you were the main reason I joined the forum.
forward assist is a big pita to design so that you don't lose that slim FCH design. Have something in my head but that is it. Nothing on paper/digital 3D yet. That MK II will not work too nicely with these L1A1 type FCH as the knob likes to grab the front of the rails, and that fixes the non reciprocating charger. problem is it looks like the MK II has no protruding rails, but the rail is flush with the handguard.

IMG_0884.JPG
OK guys this is the right time to send in those funds. I have 5 extra handles in this run. Have the slides finished just need to get the knobs cut for the rail and make the lugs. Then park the steel parts and anodize the aluminum and ship. Hope to get all that done by the end of this week.

Looks like after this will work on FAL T48 chargers and then will get back to REPR LAW inserts. If I am lucky will get the Mazak running and if I ain"t then will have to make these manually on the meager lathe I now have running. Kinda sad I only have this 1HP lathe
NRSqJIJ.jpg

or this 20 HP without the power to it
iiG4zNt.jpg

Top one takes more than an hour each bottom one like 10 mins ( not counting the programming time) max each.

20220514_081304.jpg

I was going to order 2 for my MK1 but this just became available, it has a spring in it to keep it in the close position.