• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Interested in a KAC SR-15 LPR

usmarinejim

Private
Minuteman
Oct 17, 2011
PA
Does anyone have any experience with this weapon system? I currently have a custom built .260 that I have no time to drive three hours to shoot it and sadly it just sits there. So I'm seriously thinking about "trading down" so to speak... Your input is greatly appreciated.

Great rifle. No issues so far. Mine is around 3/4 moa with blackhills 77 grain. I have not got a chance to work up a load for it yet. I think you would be very happy with it. Anything specific you are wondering about?

I don't know enough about it to ask specific questions really. To my understanding, all AR's for the most part are pretty much built the same. I could be wrong... that's just my assumption. What velocity are you getting out of your rifle shooting a 77 grain bullet? And what range do you shoot out too?

I too am eyeing one of these. Have the sr-15 mod 0 and love it. Something about the longer gas tube makes it a really smooth AR. The fit and finish are impressive. Just finished a SR-25 build and again am a very happy KAC owner.

They have krieger barrels and mine is a tack driver with anything. For some odd reason It really likes American eagle 50 grain. Ive shot .3 inch groups with it. 300 yard I put 2 touching and 1 3/4 low. It's the best out of many ARs I own and shot. I did do a mean barrel break in

Jim, give me a bit and I'll try to get you some velocity numbers. I may have a chance to run out to the range today.I have not had a chance to chrono it yet. I have not had it long and the only thing I have done is zero it and coyote hunt with it. Most of my shots are 100 and in. We hunt at night. The KAC rifles are not the same as other AR's. They have a different bolt. The lugs are more rounded. I am not sure if you can use another bcg in Knights? Someone correct me if I am wrong. KAC replacement parts are expensive. Just want you to be sure about what you are getting into.

I have a few KAC SR 15's. These have 16" barrels and 7 twist. I get high 2600's with MK 262. Accuracy is just over .5MOA for the 77 grain bullet. The addition of an adj gas block is a huge improvement to all AR's and the KAC is no exception. I see no need for parts at this time. I shoot mine to 600 meters. SR 15 is my favorite lower, I like the controls. Built my SPR's with them.

What velocity are you getting out of your rifle shooting a 77 grain bullet? And what range do you shoot out too?

Just shot it at the range. 2668 was average over ten rounds of Blackhills 77 grain in the red box. I have not shot steel with it yet at distance. Been to busy with other rifles. Hopefully this weekend.