• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Interesting New Toy, Adjustable Firearm Sighting System.

DocUSMCRetired

Applied Ballistics
Minuteman
Apr 16, 2014
Texas
www.appliedballisticsllc.com
HHA Sports - Optimizer Horizion Gun Sight Mount

I am a huge fan of HHA Sights, I use them on my bows and they are flawless. They recently released this. For use with a red dot this might be a huge advantage. You can dial in your reddot range with it, and give yourself some pretty good accuracy. Using this with an eotech, or aimpoint might be a way to start getting some serious range out of a red dot with a magnifier.

While this looks like a great idea, it's been done before with the Military ART scope used in the 60's -80's. The problem with the ART scope system was sand, dirt, etc. would get under the aluminum trajectory cam and over time, it would erode the cam and thus change the trajectory. This system was scrapped by the Military. This was explained to me in the early 1980's when I attended my first FBI Sniper school at Ford Ord.

An Army Officer that was part of the Cadre at the 7th Division's Sniper School told me this and the Army was changing out the ART scopes.

By the way, I owned one of the ART II scopes at the time.

I could be wrong, but this this system looks like the same principal as the old ART scope. Just FYI.

The turny thing on top of most scopes essentially accomplishes the same task without having an annoying hunk of shit hanging off the side of the gun. I see this as a gimmick and little else but hey it's got a nifty acronym in its name so I'm sure someone will buy it. I'll just keep slumming it with my 50 or 100 yard zero and knowing my dope.